2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Sorry to double quote you, but I’m on my phone. Are they saying Daniel’s is like a cross between Haliburton and Middleton? Those guys aren’t really similar enough for a comparison, IMO.

Like a mix of the two

4 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Gotta be with the Kings right? Nobody above them is moving out. I hope it doesn’t happen. I want Detroit to take Ivey.

I wouldn’t worry nobody wants the knicks trash. Never ceases to amaze me how much people fall for all these pre draft faux rumors. Some people just get off on insider info regardless of its consistent track record of being fabricated 

13 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

I wouldn’t worry nobody wants the knicks trash. Never ceases to amaze me how much people fall for all these pre draft faux rumors. Some people just get off on insider info regardless of its consistent track record of being fabricated 

The draft is the smoke screen game but there have been a ton of reports about the Kings potentially trading their pick and looking to compete for a playoff berth. 

The Knicks being infatuated with Jaden Ivey also seems to have some legs considering how they've consistently been linked to Donovan Mitchell.

ETA: We also have to remember that the Kings have a special way of doing things, lol.

Edited by NYRaider

4 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Gotta be with the Kings right? Nobody above them is moving out. I hope it doesn’t happen. I want Detroit to take Ivey.

They didn't mention any teams just that the Knicks staff loves Ivey and are exploring ways they could potentially move up for him.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Patrick Baldwin Jr is staying in the draft. @Sllim Pickens @beekay414

Doesn't hurt tbqh. Not sure what he accomplishes by going back to school. He needs an NBA S&C program, not another year playing with teenagers. Could be legitimate value for a team in the 20s or he could flame out like many do. Risk worth taking for those teams.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Doesn't hurt tbqh. Not sure what he accomplishes by going back to school. He needs an NBA S&C program, not another year playing with teenagers. Could be legitimate value for a team in the 20s or he could flame out like many do. Risk worth taking for those teams.

He had entered the transfer portal and the draft, wasn't going back to UWM but could've improved his stock elsewhere. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

He had entered the transfer portal and the draft, wasn't going back to UWM but could've improved his stock elsewhere. 

Or completely tanked it by choosing the wrong program. Nothing he can't do in the G League, while working on his body, that he would've done at another school.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Or completely tanked it by choosing the wrong program. Nothing he can't do in the G League, while working on his body, that he would've done at another school.

If he goes in the 2nd round though it's a major risk for him. But he already chose the wrong program once so it is probably best he declares and I think someone will take him in the late 1st although his combine numbers were god awful.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If he goes in the 2nd round though it's a major risk for him. But he already chose the wrong program once so it is probably best he declares and I think someone will take him in the late 1st although his combine numbers were god awful.

Which is why he needs a professional program and not another year in a college one. His limitations are physical, not skill. My guess is he did the absolute bare minimum at UWM lol. Makes you question his work ethic and whether he wants it but it wouldn't be the first time we've seen a player like him. The 2nd round might actually be better for him. Shorter contract, so if he comes out and the space of the NBA game opens up his game, he gets to a bigger contract faster. He goes to any of the teams in the 20s, he's in a good situation.

Edited by beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Which is why he needs a professional program and not another year in a college one. His limitations are physical, not skill. My guess is he did the absolute bare minimum at UWM lol. Makes you question his work ethic and whether he wants it but it wouldn't be the first time we've seen a player like him. The 2nd round might actually be better for him. Shorter contract, so if he comes out and the space of the NBA game opens up his game, he gets to a bigger contract faster. He goes to any of the teams in the 20s, he's in a good situation.

Which is why he should've went to a better program to begin with instead of going to play for his dad. I mean if he did the bare minimum with his dad on the hotseat, that's a red flag. And if he's someone that lacks work ethic I don't think that a non-guaranteed contract and playing in the G-League is ideal.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Which is why he should've went to a better program to begin with instead of going to play for his dad. I mean if he did the bare minimum with his dad on the hotseat, that's a red flag. And if he's someone that lacks work ethic I don't think that a non-guaranteed contract and playing in the G-League is ideal.

You only find out one way. Going to a better program doesn't guarantee anything either. He'll be as successful as he chooses to be. Go pro, get your money. If the NBA doesn't work out, he'll make bank overseas. If he wasn't going to land a good NIL deal in the portal, no reason to delay his pro clock.