2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Victor will be hyped by the people who follow the draft closely but playing in Europe and the lack of exposure to the American audience will ding him in the eyes of the masses as a "generational prospect." Just like what happened with Luka.

I didn't follow the Luka draft much at all, but I do remember a few on here advocating for him hard.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

They called Wiggins Maple Jordan...

He reclassified and was good not great but was still so hyped as a prospect. Embiid coming out of nowhere and being raw kinda diminished him a little bit but other than Zion he was probably the most hyped prospect I can remember.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

I didn't follow the Luka draft much at all, but I do remember a few on here advocating for him hard.

Yeah people that follow the draft will know what's up. But ESPN and the MSM will pimp whoever the top prospect is that is playing college basketball because it's good for ratings. Which is why Ayton got so many Embiid comparisons and was such a hyped prospect. The Suns had Luka's national team coach at the time and still passed on him, insanity. 

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He reclassified and was good not great but was still so hyped as a prospect. Embiid coming out of nowhere and being raw kinda diminished him a little bit but other than Zion he was probably the most hyped prospect I can remember.

Jabari Parker was also supposed to be the real deal in that draft.  Was supposed to be the most stacked top of the draft in a while and flopped for the most part aside from Embiid.  Just think that the Bucks could have had Embiid and Giannis together.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

sure didnt seem like that in the ncaa tournament. 

No, he was on then, but the NBA is an 82 game grind, and you can't have one of your core players taking weeks off.  It's not like college where he can just assume to be in the postseason.

If AJ Griffin didn't have the injury issues i'd take him before any of the three bigs.  It definitely came into play even when he was still playing, you could tell something wasn't quite the same later in the year.  That's a big injury question mark though, so I could see him go anywhere between 5-12.

19 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

No, he was on then, but the NBA is an 82 game grind, and you can't have one of your core players taking weeks off.  It's not like college where he can just assume to be in the postseason.

But it's also only college. A lot of players see that payday coming and do just enough to get it. The same criticism was leveled against Tatum. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

If AJ Griffin didn't have the injury issues i'd take him before any of the three bigs.  It definitely came into play even when he was still playing, you could tell something wasn't quite the same later in the year.  That's a big injury question mark though, so I could see him go anywhere between 5-12.

I kinda soured on him a little bit.  I still like him as a prospect but it was one point I was considering him at pick 5 if the Rockets ending up with that selection.  I question his ability to create his own offense and his defense was questionable too. Also I might nitpick a little bit but I dont think his shooting will be sustainable in the NBA like it was his freshman year at Duke. The release is a little bit weird to me. 

36 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

He didn't play his junior or senior year of HS and dislocated his knee cap before last season.

5 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I kinda soured on him a little bit.  I still like him as a prospect but it was one point I was considering him at pick 5 if the Rockets ending up with that selection.  I question his ability to create his own offense and his defense was questionable too. Also I might nitpick a little bit but I dont think his shooting will be sustainable in the NBA like it was his freshman year at Duke. The release is a little bit weird to me. 

He has the softest touch I have ever seen.