2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

56 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

sure but we're operating here under the impression that they don't want to pay him max money. otherwise he'd already be signed. sarver's a ******* idiot but i don't think he's dumb enough to pay a guy $130+ million out of spite because the guy wants to leave

That’s why Joe Johnson didn’t sign an offer sheet because he knew the Suns would match.  They worked out a deal and got young Diaw/picks.  Suns have the leverage because they would match it despite not being their preferred plan.  He’d get traded 6-7 months later.  

If I’m Ayton I would want to play with Cade or Dejounte going forward.  If the Suns could get Jakob Poeltl and Keldon Johnson they’d probably do it.  They’re going to lose the trade but those guys could step in and contribute. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

The Duke staff made a mistake waiting on Keels and it was also kind of a d-bag move by him to wait until the last possible second. Duke has options though with Ramey or a Foster reclassification. 

Ramey is terrible. Let him go to Houston.

4 hours ago, catcheryea said:

sure but we're operating here under the impression that they don't want to pay him max money. otherwise he'd already be signed. sarver's a ******* idiot but i don't think he's dumb enough to pay a guy $130+ million out of spite because the guy wants to leave

they already offered him a 4 year max, they didn't offer him the 5 year max that only the suns can offer

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

You'd be better off getting Kerwin Walton lol

Duke waiting on Keels decision costed them a chance to potentially land Baylor Scheierman and AJ Green. 

I think Duke's only two realistic options are Caleb Foster reclassifying or Ramey.