2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Dame's going to be in Portland until he literally pushes his way out. He's a glorified Beal at this point. Taking his money and running. He just happens to have a run to the WCF in his bag.

He's 32 years old now coming off of an injury plagued year where he was the least efficient he has ever been in his career. Still has 3 years/$135M left on his deal too, seems like the best route for both sides would be a trade this off-season. The Blazers can still get a nice haul before he falls off a cliff and Dame can ideally go to a situation where he can compete for a title before he's out of his prime.

Just now, NYRaider said:

He's 32 years old now coming off of an injury plagued year where he was the least efficient he has ever been in his career. Still has 3 years/$135M left on his deal too, seems like the best route for both sides would be a trade this off-season. The Blazers can still get a nice haul before he falls off a cliff and Dame can ideally go to a situation where he can compete for a title before he's out of his prime.

I just don't see a viable contender, with assets, that'll trade for him.

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I just don't see a viable contender, with assets, that'll trade for him.

With Quinn likely stepping down, it seems likely that we'll hire Dame's good friend and mentor, Johnnie Bryant as his replacement. Too bad we don't have the assets to acquire him and the fact that Dame/Don would be terrible defensively.

8 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Nbadraft.net finally did their scouting report on him and they compared him to Thabo Sefolosha and Tomas Satoransky. 

Meh I don't like either comparison for him. A bigger Lonzo Ball / Josh Giddey w elite defense is a better comparison for what I think he could be. He has one of the higher floors in the lottery, might not ever be a star but should definitely be a plus role player at worst. 

Edited by NYRaider

58 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Meh I don't like either comparison for him. A bigger Lonzo Ball / Josh Giddey w elite defense is a better comparison for what I think he could be. He has one of the higher floors in the lottery, might not ever be a star but should definitely be a plus role player at worst. 

see im not buying the Ball and Giddey comparison.  You are basically saying he is an elite passer.  I dont see that with Daniels.