2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

On 6/6/2022 at 6:58 PM, catcheryea said:

5 is too early to pick mathurin, and he'll probably never develop the handle and creation ability to be an all star which is really what the pistons need at this point, but i like his game. he's like a hyper athletic saddiq bey and it wouldn't shock me if he ended up just outside that all star tier if he gets picked by the right team

Jaden Ivey to the Pistons makes too much sense.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 8:42 AM, brownie man said:

When you look at 82 games plus playoffs I absolutely think so. There’s a reason there are still positions. When you think about averages over time and the different opponents over time on average you’re going up against a different skill set and have different responsibilities at the 2 vs the 3. 

like think of Klay Thompson if he were to have to play the 3 long term you would notice the deficiencies. Donovan Mitchell another one. Devin Booker there’s a reason these guys play the 2. Size and skill sets over time across the league. 

Agreed. You don't really want to be huge at the 5 but being big at the 2-4 is huge for teams.

I actually like that move for Denver, Green is 32 years old and was terrible in the playoffs for them. They freed up enough space for a $6.2M contract to use in free agency and acquired an additional 1st round pick this year. 2027 is 5 years down the road so I want to see the protections but I'd guess there are some on that pick. 

Denver could use 21/30 to move up as well. According to the value chart 21/30 is enough to get up to 13-16. 

33 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Any takes on Kenneth Lofton Jr? He’s a uniquely sized guy, but seems to play well at every level. Will he sneak into the draft?

At the U19 USA-France title gm this dude dominated. There was 3 top 5 picks (Chet, Victor, and Ivey) and Kenny might have been the best player on the court. At least USA was running their offense thru him, especially in the 2nd half. I think he will, and should, get drafted. 

16 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

At the U19 USA-France title gm this dude dominated. There was 3 top 5 picks (Chet, Victor, and Ivey) and Kenny might have been the best player on the court. At least USA was running their offense thru him, especially in the 2nd half. I think he will, and should, get drafted. 

6'6" 280 bigs that can't stretch the floor aren't really in high demand though.

i think i don't care who the magic take anymore. my opinion on jabari has regressed. my opinion on chet has gotten more favorable. paolo i still don't like, but i'd get it. ivey looks the most like a star so i'd get that. whatever the magic do, i really can't be upset. wish there was a bonafide star

2 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i think i don't care who the magic take anymore. my opinion on jabari has regressed. my opinion on chet has gotten more favorable. paolo i still don't like, but i'd get it. ivey looks the most like a star so i'd get that. whatever the magic do, i really can't be upset. wish there was a bonafide star

I'm glad you've accepted your fate. 

281099140_697766001504761_67270934442780

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

Smart move by him.  He could end up being a top 10 pick next year.

He has crazy physical gifts, no need to stay in the draft, get taken in the 2nd round, receive a non-gtd contract, and then end up in the G-League for the majority of next season anyways. 

• Like 1