2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I do love Ivey, but also I am not sure I'd give up too much to move up one spot for him.  If the alternative is Mathurin, I probably would be willing to give more, but I would be ok with Murray or AG at 5.  I am not sure what the going rate for moving up one spot is but we dont have much in terms of assets they would want and future draft capital is not worth it unless its a couple 2nd round picks. 

15 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I do love Ivey, but also I am not sure I'd give up too much to move up one spot for him.  If the alternative is Mathurin, I probably would be willing to give more, but I would be ok with Murray or AG at 5.  I am not sure what the going rate for moving up one spot is but we dont have much in terms of assets they would want and future draft capital is not worth it unless its a couple 2nd round picks. 

I'd guess it would be Jerami Grant for #4.

Green Room Invitees:
Jabari Smith
Chet Holmgren
Paolo Banchero
Jaden Ivey
Keegan Murray
Shaedon Sharpe
Dyson Daniels
Ben Mathurin
AJ Griffin
Jalen Duren
Johnny Davis
Ousmane Dieng
Jeremy Sochan
Ochai Agbaji
Mark Williams
Malaki Branham
Tari Eason
TyTy Washington
Jalen Williams
Marjon Beauchamp

32 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

FVU1gr8X0AYcyTD?format=jpg&name=900x900

G - Jaden Ivey ($5)
G - Malaki Branham ($3)
F - AJ Griffin ($4)
F - Tari Eason ($2)
C - Walker Kessler ($1)

G - Kennedy Chandler ($1)

G - Jalen Williams ($2)

F - AJ Griffin ($4)

F - Jabari Smith ($5)

C - Jalen Duren ($3)

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

G - Kennedy Chandler ($1)

G - Jalen Williams ($2)

F - AJ Griffin ($4)

F - Jabari Smith ($5)

C - Jalen Duren ($3)

Keegan Murray would be a better fit than Jabari Smith in this lineup. Need a go-to bucket getter IMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Trade Shai for 4, take Ivey at 2, and then the remaining big at 4 and you have a Ivey/Giddy/Paolo core and with that youth likely one more top 5 pick next year to add to it.

8 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Trade Shai for 4, take Ivey at 2, and then the remaining big at 4 and you have a Ivey/Giddy/Paolo core and with that youth likely one more top 5 pick next year to add to it.

SGA is so underrated on here, dude averaged 24/5/6 last year on good efficiency. Ivey/SGA can play together if that's the direction the Thunder want to go. I wouldn't trade SGA for any player in the draft.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

SGA is so underrated on here, dude averaged 24/5/6 last year on good efficiency. Ivey/SGA can play together if that's the direction the Thunder want to go. I wouldn't trade SGA for any player in the draft.

I don't disagree, i'm just linking that with the rumor of them potentially moving Shai since his contract is up after next year and they aren't in the window yet.  What else could the Thunder give up for #4?

5 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't disagree, i'm just linking that with the rumor of them potentially moving Shai since his contract is up after next year and they aren't in the window yet.  What else could the Thunder give up for #4?

SGA is under contract until 2027, his 5 yr/$177M extension kicks in next season. I don't think they'll be able to get to #4, the only assets they can give up are Lu Dort, #12, #34, and future picks.