GDT: Pre-Season Week 1 Bills @ Lions!!

Trentwannabe

Breida wasn’t some amazing RB by any means but he showed some burst and that he can get outside. 

I think it’s important to remember he was running behind Hary, Devey, Bates, Douglas and Doyle last night. It’s quite possible only one of those guys even makes the team. 

For a team that passes as much as we do, the RB3 isn’t of much concern to me.

10 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Breida wasn’t some amazing RB by any means but he showed some burst and that he can get outside. 

I think it’s important to remember he was running behind Hary, Devey, Bates, Douglas and Doyle last night. It’s quite possible only one of those guys even makes the team. 

For a team that passes as much as we do, the RB3 isn’t of much concern to me.

The only reason i would think RB3 would be a concern is based on Moss injury history had he not been injured so much in college and now twice with the bills I would much rather roll with an extra receiver then an rb3 or an extra olineman. Hopefully we retain Williams on psqaud and let breida go and just go in to the season with Moss and Singletary. Even with backups in behind Breida he also struggled in miami and was never a workload rb, while I was hoping to see more from him I wouldnt hate the idea of this happening. Still plenty of time left before final cuts for him to prove me wrong but I just wasnt wow'd by his efforts and do not see the appeal of holding on to 3 rbs when we are such a pass heavy team. 

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

The only reason i would think RB3 would be a concern is based on Moss injury history had he not been injured so much in college and now twice with the bills I would much rather roll with an extra receiver then an rb3 or an extra olineman. Hopefully we retain Williams on psqaud and let breida go and just go in to the season with Moss and Singletary. Even with backups in behind Breida he also struggled in miami and was never a workload rb, while I was hoping to see more from him I wouldnt hate the idea of this happening. Still plenty of time left before final cuts for him to prove me wrong but I just wasnt wow'd by his efforts and do not see the appeal of holding on to 3 rbs when we are such a pass heavy team. 

I think with Moss right now they’re just being cautious because it’s a hamstring. If it was the same injury from last season or college it would bother me but guys get dinged up all the time during camp. No need to rush them out.

By all accounts Breida has had A pretty good camp. The live practices with the starting OL he was slicing it up (according to Joe B). I don’t think yesterday will alter the Bills plans of keeping 4 RBs.

On 8/13/2021 at 9:27 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

And flatly, as I am on record here, I do not think Jake Fromm has literally any distinguishing qualities or physical traits worth hanging on too.

He's the definition of "Just a Guy".

Still think Fromm was a dumb pick, but I love taking Bass that draft. Either way, I really have to nitpick to find any grievances with this front office. They're just always on point it seems. 

• Like 1