To Saquon, or not to Saquon..

Hunter2_1

8 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Have 5th pick, I am assuming (and let's go with it for this example) that it's going to fall;

1. CMC, 2. Cook, 3. Henry, 4. Kamara

2 questions for you

a) If so, do you go Saquon here?

b) Do you go Saquon anywhere from 4-12?

No, I’m going Zeke at 5.

His upside is worth a late 1st in 12 team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What about at 6 or 7? I went Zeke on a mock at this stage too

It’s risky but I wouldn’t do it. I’m a little more risk adverse in the 1st and 2nd rounds....I understand  if you go with him there at that point though.

At 1.06 in a smaller $$$ league I just went Aaron Jones and then Saquon went at 1.08 for comparison sake.

Edited by AFF
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

I view Saquon as a potential league winner this year if he starts to dip a bit in his ADP because of the injury or if he may not be ready to play the first week or 2.

See I don’t feel like he has as significant an upside to justify anything but a late 1st.

you get him in the 2nd round, sure then, having two high end RBs will win you the league.

you take him before say someone like Chubb as your 1st pick, is the point difference thaaatttt dramatic over what Chubb does? Remember, he has one of the worst offensive lines in the league and a questionable offense to boot. He doesn’t have Eli to check down 15 times a game. So it not like he’s guaranteed a top 3 finish.

I feel like even a healthy Barkley is going to put a wide variance between good and bad games. For my 1sr round pick, I want consistency, not boom games and stinkers. What good does a 40 point game do me if he follows that by torpedoing my next game?

Just now, 101Raider said:

See I don’t feel like he has as significant an upside to justify anything but a late 1st.

you get him in the 2nd round, sure then, having two high end RBs will win you the league.

you take him before say someone like Chubb as your 1st pick, is the point difference thaaatttt dramatic over what Chubb does? Remember, he has one of the worst offensive lines in the league and a questionable offense to boot. He doesn’t have Eli to check down 15 times a game. So it not like he’s guaranteed a top 3 finish.

I feel like even a healthy Barkley is going to put a wide variance between good and bad games. For my 1sr round pick, I want consistency, not boom games and stinkers. What good does a 40 point game do me if he follows that by torpedoing my next game?

A good Barkley is probably the best RB in the NFL. Elite RBs don’t need good systems or QBs. Manning pretty much sucked Barkley’s rookie season. The question is whether he’s still that same guy less than a year after an ACL tear. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

A good Barkley is probably the best RB in the NFL. Elite RBs don’t need good systems or QBs. Manning pretty much sucked Barkley’s rookie season. The question is whether he’s still that same guy less than a year after an ACL tear. 

Yes, he’s great.  But I strongly disagree that an elite RB doesn’t need an o-line or a QB around him (even an average o-line/QB would satisfy me, but his is literally one of the WORST situations in the NFL).

I mean look at Zeke last year as an example (though I agree that Barkley is more physically talented than Zeke). The one healthy game Barkley had last year he went 15 attempts for SIX yards against Pitt. Look at his stats the year prior, multiple garbage games. Barkley is going to give you 3-4 GREAT games and than single handy lose you one…  as your 2nd RB sure, that’s fantastic, but as my RB1, I’ll take Chubb and the others over him considering his health risk and his team being hot garbage around him. I’d rather have the consistently great RB (with less health risk) as my foundation piece, even if by the end of year he’s scored less total points.

Edited by 101Raider

7 hours ago, 101Raider said:

Yes, he’s great.  But I strongly disagree that an elite RB doesn’t need an o-line or a QB around him (even an average o-line/QB would satisfy me, but his is literally one of the WORST situations in the NFL).

I mean look at Zeke last year as an example (though I agree that Barkley is more physically talented than Zeke). The one healthy game Barkley had last year he went 15 attempts for SIX yards against Pitt. Look at his stats the year prior, multiple garbage games. Barkley is going to give you 3-4 GREAT games and than single handy lose you one…  as your 2nd RB sure, that’s fantastic, but as my RB1, I’ll take Chubb and the others over him considering his health risk and his team being hot garbage around him. I’d rather have the consistently great RB (with less health risk) as my foundation piece, even if by the end of year he’s scored less total points.

Zeke isn’t an elite RB. 

BTW...all RBs have variation. Even Barry Sanders had ups and downs. If Barkley is back...this receiving ability buffers the rushing stats to an extent. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

14 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

I view Saquon as a potential league winner this year if he starts to dip a bit in his ADP because of the injury or if he may not be ready to play the first week or 2.

So at what point would you step in and draft him, if he's falling?

Let's say you're 11 or 12 in first round and he's still there. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

50 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

So at what point would you step in and draft him, if he's falling?

Let's say you're 11 or 12 in first round and he's still there. 

Absolutely with the 11th or 12th picks, If he falls to me at 10 in 10 man league Im taking him there, Id probably take him at 7 or 8 tbh

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 2