Preseason WK1: Washington @ New England

turtle28

Hear a lot about the connection with Fitz and Humphries. That’s a good thing. 

I will say, the whole “Humphries had his best year in 2018 and who was his QB??” thing is going to get a little tired. He was significantly more productive in games with Jameis that season than he was with Fitz. So it’s not exactly like Fitz has the magic key to unlock Humphries or anything. Keeping Humphries on the field and surrounding him with quality receiving weapons is how you accomplish that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I bet this ends up being like the 2005 Brunell year. The defense carries us. Didn’t our kicker suck that year too 

We’ll our running game was awesome that year w/ CP & Betts, Moss went to the pro bowl & Cooley should’ve w/ a 71 rec, 7 TD year. That’s the year Moss went for 84 recs, 1483 yds & 9 TDs, so we were more than just a defense that year.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, turtle28 said:

We’ll our running game was awesome that year w/ CP & Betts, Cooley & Moss also had pro bowl years. That’s the year Moss went for 84 recs, 1483 yds & 9 TDs, so we were more than just a defense that year.

Didn’t we go weeks and weeks where Brunell didn’t throw for over 200 yards? We won a playoff game and he threw for like 25 yards. 

Just now, 4209 said:

We should be up at least 6-3. But thanks to a miss FG and Payne ill advise  decision.  

The name may change but everything else is still the same. Can’t recover fumbles and can’t make field goals. We just need the sure-fire dropped pick six to finish things off. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Didn’t we go weeks and weeks where Brunell didn’t throw for over 200 yards? We won a playoff game and he threw for like 25 yards. 

I remember Brunnell didn’t throw for a lot of yards (3050) - we did run the ball a lot with CP though - but I do remember Brunnell threw for 23 TDs which was the most a Washington QB had thrown for since Brad Johnson in 1999.

Just now, lavar703 said:

It really looked like Brown stopped and then tried to run again 

Think that was kind of an optical illusion with the camera starting to move as he was also moving. Made it look like he slowed down for a second, but I think it was just an overthrow. 

That’s classic Dyami Brown there, incidentally. Release isn’t super special, speed isn’t super special, and yet somehow he’s always getting behind guys and stacking them on those deep balls. It’s pretty remarkable really.

• Like 3