Preseason WK1: Washington @ New England

turtle28

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

Speaking of TEs, weird thing I was thinking about just now — this is the first time Sammis Reyes has taken the field for a football game. Ever. 

Yeah, that’s so strange, but there was a time when Antonio Gates had never played a football game for the Chargers too. That had to be weird and who would’ve thunk that he’d have the career he did.

Not saying Reyes will be any special just comparing those two experiences.

Steven Sims with a great snag over the middle. That wasn’t the easiest catch. He needs to continue to show consistent hands if he wants to make the team. On the radio today Chris Russell said after practice everyday Sims is working on the jugs machine for like a half hour. So, he’s out the work in.

It’s a bold strategy let’s see if it pays off for him Cotton!

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Because he’ll get hurt or because you think they’ll end up benching him?

I think he’ll end up being benched. I think his play will force Rivera’s hand but he’s going to have a very long leash. I have no idea why anybody thinks this Fitz thing is going to turn out well? Dude nearly threw two interceptions on the second drive of the game. That’s just who he is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I think he’ll end up being benched. I think his play will force Rivera’s hand but he’s going to have a very long leash. I have no idea why anybody thinks this Fitz thing is going to turn out well? Dude nearly threw two interceptions on the second drive of the game. That’s just who he is. 

As I keep saying on Twitter, Fitz = Case Keenum to me. He’s going to look good some weeks - week 1 vs Phila in 2018 - but then other weeks you’ll wonder why he’s even in the league. 

I don’t think he moves the needle as much as Washington homers on Twitter thinks he does.