Preseason WK1: Washington @ New England

turtle28

Just now, ARTMONK HOF said:

Whiff by Apke. He sucks

I have no idea why they keep giving him chances, I guess he’s under contract so it doesn’t hurt to give him one last try but this could be the end of the road for Apke after these 3 preseason games.

• Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

Practice squad! Try to move him to TE, he’s a good athlete & big, it’s a long shot but could work.

He’s just a practice squad, career back up type. I think he’s done fine for a guy who never threw a pass before. Made one big mistake. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think they keep both. Patterson is playing well but it’s been vs 2nd & 3rd stringers that always has to be taken into consideration. I’d like to see him get some carries vs the other teams starters next week.

IMO thats too many RBs. You have to imagine that McKissic and Gibson are virtual locks barring some off the field incident, keeping one more RB means you keep a roster spot for a 6th or 7th WR or a 4th TE, which are more pressing needs.

I have never been a fan of Peyton Barber. So I may be bias, but Patterson has way better burst and elusiveness and I love his toughness/grittiness.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I have no idea why they keep giving him chances, I guess he’s under contract so it doesn’t hurt to give him one last try but this could be the end of the road for Apke after these 3 preseason games.

I listened to L Paulsen on how camp was going. I posted it. He said Apke was excellent at ST. Sucks at everywhere else. Is he worth a ST position? We’ll see. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

I’m a Hopkins supporter — at least in the sense that I think it’s harder than people think to find a slightly below-average NFL kicker — but I think they’d probably be wise to bring someone else in for the rest of camp after today. I’m not married to keeping Hopkins, I just think they need to be sure they’ve got an upgrade before they cut bait. 

Guess Nordin is off the list now, the guy has only made 50% of his XPs as a pro. Pathetic.