Jaguars trade LB Joe Schobert to PIT

.Buzz

7 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

A qbs best friend is a solid TE.   Per pff he's the 5th best TE in the afc.  However he's more like the 3rd best considering waller is not much of a blocker and gesicki is a glorified jumbo-slot wr. 

Here's a nice curve ball for u. 

Ertz makes 8 million and would cost a pick of some sorts(I'm not sure what they want but let's say a 4th round pick.  Now keep in mind ertz would need a new contract and for arguments sake let's say he would take 10 million per year. 

To me if I'm gonna spend a solid quality pick and have to pay him a double digit contract I'm taking the 26 year old over ertz. 

Junno I get cuz that deal is very meh to me even tho he's arguebly one of the most athletic tes in the nfl. 

Also just something to consider tes are starting to get paid.  Next year's fa crop:. Evan Engram, Mike Gisecki, Zach ertz, Robert Tonyan Jr, David Njoku, Hayden Hurst. 

Thats great and all but really it just speaks to how weak the position is at a whole. Just like you dont reach on a shallow position in the NFL Draft, you dont just overpay for injury-prone TEs that are better than most but still not that good

Yes, having Henry over Ertz would be preferred but there are other ways to get a TE on the roster... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thats great and all but really it just speaks to how weak the position is at a whole. Just like you dont reach on a shallow position in the NFL Draft, you dont just overpay for injury-prone TEs that are better than most but still not that good

Yes, having Henry over Ertz would be preferred but there are other ways to get a TE on the roster... 

Yes it's called drafting them but It takes a few years for 1 to develop.   We potentially wouldn't even be having this discussion had we not traded Oliver for a peanut and granted Oliver's injury history in the nfl isn't good but as we all saw with this draft we took multiple guys coming off injury or opt out. 

And by all reports so far Oliver has impressed with his opportunities. 

While it might have been a slight overpay to have Henry he would have given us by far the best TE since we had prime Lewis. 

We clearly overpaid to bring in joe and we clearly traded him for peanuts on the dollar considering we are paying part of his salary this year. 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Just like it was a bad decision to not really address the TE spot this off-season.  

Can we address everything all in 1 offseason? Maybe that’s why we have been perennially terrible we havent thrown money and resources at everything. Nevermind the salary cap, the market, finite draft picks and BPA

29 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Can we address everything all in 1 offseason? Maybe that’s why we have been perennially terrible we havent thrown money and resources at everything. Nevermind the salary cap, the market, finite draft picks and BPA

We had multiple chances to add a solid te this off-season.  Hell we passed on brevin Jordan for Luke Farrell.  Could have signed Everett for 1 year 6 million. 

Don't give me this we don't have cap room stuff.  We have 35 million in cap room.  I mean we are paying reshawn Jenkins after this year 10 million a year.  That's okay but not bringing a te like Henry

8 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

We had multiple chances to add a solid te this off-season.  Hell we passed on brevin Jordan for Luke Farrell.  Could have signed Everett for 1 year 6 million. 

Don't give me this we don't have cap room stuff.  We have 35 million in cap room.  I mean we are paying reshawn Jenkins after this year 10 million a year.  That's okay but not bringing a te like Henry

For all you know Everett wanted a chance at a ring and he has a better chance in Seattle with what he knows about the 2 teams now

Once again, just because we have the space doesnt mean you just spend for the hell of it. There is actually talent on this roster that will need an extension soon as well

Plus if you're saying had we used the same 5th round on Farrell for another rookie TE, the position you just hammer like no tomorrow wasnt worth it because they dont develop quickly year 1, that would've satisfied you?...a 5th round pick?....but because they picked "the wrong one"

I love how you pick to go with just the salary cap and completely ignore the market part of it...did you just forget all the crap that was talked about us because of Coughlin and all that? Even if he's gone, its not like that just goes away. If everything was a level playing field across the board, sure we'd probably have spent more money but 

1. We went into the off-season as not a good football team and guys dont like losing. 

2. Even if you say "But Trevor" they dont give 2 craps about a rookie no matter what the media says, they have been the ones grinding in the big leagues

3. Some damage is done from TC and I bet you there is a % of players that remember all the crap spewed from Ramsey-ARob-Yannick etc and they dont want the drama

4. Once again playing for a winner matters. Not surprised Everett signed with Seattle and Henry signed with BB

So go ahead, keep thinking despite the fact I listed 4 things, all I said was the salary cap sure

• Like 2

We’re in a thread that’s specifically about how this team made a significant overpay for a player who didn’t fit the team design, didn’t work out and had to eat a significant portion of the contract to get the player off the team. And yet the big argument in here is how we should have overpaid for someone else because overpaying for players is good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pwny said:

We’re in a thread that’s specifically about how this team made a significant overpay for a player who didn’t fit the team design, didn’t work out and had to eat a significant portion of the contract to get the player off the team. And yet the big argument in here is how we should have overpaid for someone else because overpaying for players is good.

Precisely. 

9 hours ago, pwny said:

I don't see 12 million as overpay for a proven well rounded te. 

We will see if that 12 million is overpay with next year's class but I still think we overpaid for S Jenkins with 10 million. 

7 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I don't see 12 million as overpay for a proven well rounded te. 

We will see if that 12 million is overpay with next year's class but I still think we overpaid for S Jenkins with 10 million. 

idk man.  Seems like an overpay, by a pretty large amount.  When Tebow is only $920k.  Like, that's tens of millions in salary differential.