Tight Ends; best of the rest

Hunter2_1

Higbee belongs on this list. We saw what he can do when he is being used. When McVay started to really use him in the offense back in 2019 especially when Everett was out Higbee balled out. He was literally a few yards shy from setting the record for consecutive games with at least 100yds  by a tight end. Now with Stafford as the QB and Everett in Seattle I strongly feel Higbee is going to put together a complete season together of greatness.

Oh and have people forgot to clutch plays he made in the NFCCG in OT to help setup Zuerlein to kick the game winning field goal? Dude is a baller. Again he should be easily in the top 10. I think Pitts will be special but let the guy play a snap in a real game first. Saying he should be in the top 10 because of projecting is like me saying Derek Stingley Jr. the corner from LSU is a top 10 corner already in the NFL next year because I’m projecting smh lol. We know he has the potential to be great very fast when he gets to the NFL but dang I should at least let him play a meaningful down in the NFL first. 

Edited by stl4life07

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Higbee belongs on this list. We saw what he can do when he is being used. When McVay started to really use him in the offense back in 2019 especially when Everett was out Higbee balled out. He was literally a few yards shy from setting the record for consecutive games with at least 1,000yds by a tight end. Now with Stafford as the QB and Everett in Seattle I strongly feel Higbee is going to put together a complete season together of greatness.

Oh and have people forgot to clutch plays he made in the NFCCG in OT to help setup Zuerlein to kick the game winning field goal? Dude is a baller. Again he should be easily in the top 10. I think Pitts will be special but let the guy play a snap in a real game first. Saying he should be in the top 10 because of projecting is like me saying Derek Stingley Jr. the corner from LSU is a top 10 corner already in the NFL next year because I’m projecting smh lol. We know he has the potential to be great very fast when he gets to the NFL but dang I should at least let him play a meaningful down in the NFL first. 

Do your list then. Other TEs exist, I'm curious where you put him

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Is Goedert there? I sincerely don't know.

Efficiency wise, yes. Excellent blocker and weapon in much more limited snaps compared to other top TEs. I think calling him top 5 right now based on talent and what he should be is fair, but he was gridlocked behind Ertz and has been a bit too injured for the bulk numbers to come through as of yet.

I think saying he is a top 5 TE is more of a projection of what you think he will do as the main guy, which is fair but also could see people just saying he is a top 10 guy.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I think saying he is a top 5 TE is more of a projection of what you think he will do as the main guy, which is fair but also could see people just saying he is a top 10 guy.

That's very fair, I can buy that. 

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Is Goedert there? I sincerely don't know.

Based on FF’s answers I believe he was the 5th or 6th most mentioned. Hock right there too, as was Ertz. But then most of the Phillip fans in that thread said Goedert is better….I personally think he is due to being much more well rounded, blocks like a beast 

haha, Phillip. I’m not editing that. Say Terrance…

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Do your list then. Other TEs exist, I'm curious where you put him

Idk what you mean by other TEs exist? You could’ve put any current NFL TE who has played a down in the NFL but to put a guy who literally hasn’t played a meaningful snap in the NFL as the 7th best TE that’s a bit extreme. 

Honestly Idk where I’d put Pitts on a list but he would be below guys that are at least somewhat well established or showed promise last season. It’s not to diss Pitts but to show respect to the others and see Pitts play a few meaningful games. Then when the season ends we can revisit the list and move Pitts accordingly. At least that’s how I see it. 

45 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Damn, that's impressive 

I meant 100yds lol 

In 2019 Higbee had (4) straight 100yd receiving games and was 16yds short of breaking the record for tight ends of most consecutive 100yd receiving games. I really wish he would’ve gotten it so at least people can put some respect on his name. People don’t even think about what he did in OT in the NFCCG against the Saints because to most everything that happened after that no call pass interference don’t matter. But Higbee is a very good tight end that should be shown respect that’s all I’m saying. 

Edited by stl4life07