Preseason Wk2 - Bengals @ Washington

Thaiphoon

On 8/22/2021 at 5:48 PM, e16bball said:

Either one is very likely going to hold us back from where we’re supposed to be. It’s going to be frustrating, but we might as well understand it going in, so we can at least manage expectations and enjoy the good plays/games when they happen.

Woah woah woah ... you want us to have calm, rational discussions and not fly off the handle one way or the other based on the very last play?!?

Who do you think we are, man?! :D:D:D

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:
On 8/26/2021 at 3:51 PM, Thaiphoon said:

And if he did for that one year? Then what do you say? I have a hard time believing you'd want the WFT to let him walk. So then we'd go down from there. What if it's 3400 and 24-26 TDs but he had athletic and off schedule plays? We'd then get excuses about how it's not his fault and if we just got better talent on the offense, etc... 

At least with Fitz, I'm guaranteed he's not on this team 4 years from now.

There’s nothing wrong with extending Trubisky if he came here & played well on a one year deal & then drafting a QB high to compete with him to be the starter. That’d actually be a great situation for us. We’d have a QB like Trubisky who’s kind of middle of the road, maybe a little less & is just entering his prime and then we’d have a great young prospect who has the potential to be a franchise QB.

If Trubisky had a stellar season in a contract year, I would say the same thing I said three years ago: regression to the mean.

I don't know if it was Nagy's offense, but Trubisky has a career YPA of 6.7. Alex Smith's career YPA was 6.9. Do we want another dink and dunker?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Woz said:

If Trubisky had a stellar season in a contract year, I would say the same thing I said three years ago: regression to the mean.

I don't know if it was Nagy's offense, but Trubisky has a career YPA of 6.7. Alex Smith's career YPA was 6.9. Do we want another dink and dunker?

I’d rather have him than Fitzpatrick, that’s all I’m saying really.

• Like 1