Preseason game 2 Raiders at Rams GDT

agarcia34

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

my thoughts exactly, but physicality and tackling is a big part of good slot play. tackle a guy after a quick hitch/bubble, etc. run support as well

Yeah as a slot CB you have to be able to tackle, which is why I don't think Arnette is suited to play there considering he led the NFL in missed tackles last season. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Yeah as a slot CB you have to be able to tackle, which is why I don't think Arnette is suited to play there considering he led the NFL in missed tackles last season. 

which is weird, because tackling and physicality were among his better traits in college

Just now, Turnobili said:

which is weird, because tackling and physicality were among his better traits in college

IIRC he said he was playing at 175 pounds last season and also had a cast on his hand for most of the season. Don't think it helped that he had like 3 concussions during the season either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

IIRC he said he was playing at 175 pounds last season and also had a cast on his hand for most of the season. Don't think it helped that he had like 3 concussions during the season either. 

true, though that big missed tackle in the preseason opener didnt exactly make his case either

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

true, though that big missed tackle in the preseason opener didnt exactly make his case either

That's true but he's pretty small, he's probably like 180 pounds. Tough to be able to tackle NFL players when you're that light. IIRC he had a couple of concussions at Ohio State and had 2-3 last season as well. And didn't he just say in a recent interview that he doesn't even remember playing last year? Wouldn't shock me if he retires for medical reasons soon.