Pre Season Week 3 GDT: Packers at Bills!

Trentwannabe

The last pre season game is here. Unlike in years past when the final game is full of car salesman and future podcasters, the Bills will be playing most of their starters, including Josh Allen.

Questions for week 3:

What are you looking for from the starting unit?

How long should they play?

What starters, if any, should see significant time?

Who’s on the roster bubble and needs a big game?

I want Allen to play 1-2 series with Diggs and Sander just to get that live chemistry going. I also would like to see the starting oline in with Singletary to get the regular season action preview. I do not see Trubisky having to be out there to risk injury as he is just as important as Allen is at this point, he has proven he is capable and showed us last week. Having webb and fromm each in with the starting oline would be interesting as it could help see what they can do with a capable oline protecting them so after the 2 series with Allen and one of each for those 2 qbs I would then pull the oline for back ups and go in to the rest of the game with bubble roster spots to find the swing tackle or back up olineman that should make the sqaud. I would also like to see the defense out there particularly the starting front 6-7 for those 2 series against Rodgers if he plays. If rodgers doesnt play then I think one series is enough for the defense just to get the feel of having everyone in the huddle and able to make the calls at the line. Rest of game should be roster bubble players. Ideally the CBs is what I will be most interested in as this still seems to be a concern as it is a huge concern with depth at the position.

Jake Fromm had a decent game today. Much better than the Bears game... 

Stevenson continued to impress me. I think he had a better preseason than the training camp hero Kumerow. Be interesting to see who we keep at the WR position. Especially with some injuries.

And i stand by my stance in that Siran Neal is better than Taron Johnson. Taron may make a huge play every once in awhile but Siran is way more consistent on thw field.

2 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

And i stand by my stance in that Siran Neal is better than Taron Johnson. Taron may make a huge play every once in awhile but Siran is way more consistent on thw field.

I don’t see this at all. Neal is a very good special teamer and solid Swiss Army knife on defense. But Johnson is one of the better NCB against the run and fits the defense perfectly for where they funnel passes.

Yes the offensive was effective while I liked what I say with Allen and the passing game having only 1 snap on run is worrisome as I would like to see what the run game can do and singletary did not have one carry in the game. Moss had 1 rush behind dawkins, feliciano, morse, ike, and williams. All passes when ford was RG. 

The other thing that is worrisome is the defense, while there were some nice showings they struggled with having Love as qb, no adams and no Jones at rb. Offense is going to have to step up big early on to mask the growing pains the defense may have. Shutting out GB was nice but if you look at it a couple mistakes by love that rodgers wouldnt make and GB would be right up there in scoring.