2022 NFL Draft Prospects

TitanSS

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

It’s Christian Watson for me, he has huge upside my opinion & if Robert woods is healthy with AJ brown we can bring him in slowly. This kid reminds me of a bigger, 6’3 version of Percy Harvin. He can return kicks, a threat out the backfield, jet sweeps, end around, & screens. He’s more polished of a route runner than Percy was coming out of Florida. Dude is physical after the catch & has a 2nd gear of acceleration has some serious jets. Ran a unofficial 4.28 & a 4.36. 

Oh yea I’ve liked Watson from the beginning I was hoping we could sneak him in the later rounds before he blew up.. He definitely has everything that we need for our offense with size, speed, and blocking… the only way we get him is taking him in the 1st. I’d love to have him tho, I’ve heard he’s a great locker room guy too

There are a lot of guys to like in that second round range.  I like both Skyy Moore and Christian Watson, but "my guy" in the group is Calvin Austin.  Ascending player who did most of his work in the last half of the season, great Senior Bowl, great combine, and would be a great fit to the offense.  Could play slot, or be a deep threat.

Great potential complement to Brown.

46 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I can't get past David Bell. 
I just see a guy getting open, catching the ball and being a WR. 

Type of guy what will be in the league for 18 years and somehow end up being like top 20 all time in every receiving category. 

I was just saying the same thing about him. He’s not flashy and isn’t going to take the top off of a defense but he’ll be a consistent pass catcher who’ll be in the league a long time.. He fits the type of player we like honestly.. The guy said that we like him and I believe it.

• Like 1

Watching film of bell he gives me 2 vibes Mohammad Sonu & possibly Michael Thomas & the reason I say Michael Thomas is put him with a Offensive genius & a HOF QB talent I can see a guy becoming a household name. Not explosive but damn it he gets open can run routes & has good strong hands, but it’s some bout this Watson kid that has me open like a 50 cent wh0re. Love me some AJ brown really do but facts he’s never played a full 16 game season he always having knee issues. To pay him 22-25 mill a yr  most like 60 some mill guaranteed it’s gone get interesting 🤔. I think Watson gives us what we were searching for out of Corey Davis & Julio a #2 that can make plays & that is interchangeable 

9 hours ago, 615finest said:

I was just saying the same thing about him. He’s not flashy and isn’t going to take the top off of a defense but he’ll be a consistent pass catcher who’ll be in the league a long time.. He fits the type of player we like honestly.. The guy said that we like him and I believe it.

Yeah he seems like a Titan. Has the personality and I've seen him described as low tier Chris Godwin. With traits of Cooper Kupp. 
Yeah the lack of dynamic speed is an issue, but he seems fast enough on film playing in the Big Ten. 
Robinson has said consistently it's not just about speed. 

I really feel like if any of the QBs fall that we like we are going to draft them. With AJ, Simmons, and possibly Hooker needing an extension having that 5th year option for a qb makes a lot of sense. That money we’d save for letting go of Tanny makes too much sense.. We’d have a qb that would be in our system for a year and money to keep our core pieces.

Draft a QB and somebody like Velus Jones in the 3rd

or still go WR 1st and hope somebody like Carson strong falls to the 3rd

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

I really feel like if any of the QBs fall that we like we are going to draft them. With AJ, Simmons, and possibly Hooker needing an extension having that 5th year option for a qb makes a lot of sense. That money we’d save for letting go of Tanny makes too much sense.. We’d have a qb that would be in our system for a year and money to keep our core pieces.

Draft a QB and somebody like Velus Jones in the 3rd

or still go WR 1st and hope somebody like Carson strong falls to the 3rd

Yep, I just said something similar in another thread.
These teams are saying they can't pay a WR $20 plus million a year a long with paying a QB $30-40 million a year and properly build a team. 
Cap is real. Decisions are being made. 
Green Bay apparently was going to make it work with Adams but I still think they would have suffered somewhere else.

I can't see the Titans paying league leading contracts to AJ and Simmons then pay Tannehill $30-40 Million. 
Nate Davis, Hooker, David Long, and a Lewan contract needing attention can't all fit under the cap. Then Derrick will be up and a decision will need to be made there. 

Its a good problem to have, but it's still a problem. 

I think they take a QB in the 3rd. 1st if the guy they love falls.  But they not doing all this work on QBs just to take notes. The are making sure that if the one they likes gets to #26 they will b prepared to take him. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Yep, I just said something similar in another thread.
These teams are saying they can't pay a WR $20 plus million a year a long with paying a QB $30-40 million a year and properly build a team. 
Cap is real. Decisions are being made. 
Green Bay apparently was going to make it work with Adams but I still think they would have suffered somewhere else.

I can't see the Titans paying league leading contracts to AJ and Simmons then pay Tannehill $30-40 Million. 
Nate Davis, Hooker, David Long, and a Lewan contract needing attention can't all fit under the cap. Then Derrick will be up and a decision will need to be made there. 

Its a good problem to have, but it's still a problem. 

I think they take a QB in the 3rd. 1st if the guy they love falls.  But they not doing all this work on QBs just to take notes. The are making sure that if the one they likes gets to #26 they will b prepared to take him. 

Here’s the thing technically we don’t have to draft Tannehill replacement this yr, & can wait next yr. AJ is still under contract for another yr & we have Simmons 5th yr option to exercise. Therefore we don’t have to pony up money right now cap definitely is going to rise TV money kicks in 23 season. As for the cap is real to a certain extent it can always be manipulated if the owner is willing to cut a check & dump it into escrow 

• Like 1

I doubt a QB goes at 26 IMO.  That may just be wishful thinking, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Titans move around if a QB they like is on the board and falling to the point that he's a deal.  But of course, it's hard to say who they really like and how much.

If I had to guess, Malik Willis would be in play if he somehow made it to 26.  Pickett, maybe, but I just don't see it that high for this team.  And I think both are likely gone by the time we get to pick 26.  After that, it's hard to say.

I personally think Howell and Corrall are bad prospects that belong on Day 3, but some people are high on both, and either could be in play if the Titans move down a bit.  It'd be really hard to imagine them being the pick at 26.

Ridder is kinda the same.  I'm a lot higher on him than the previous two, and I think he better fits the mold of what the Titans would be looking for in this class.  I also think with his shortcomings, there's no way he's in play at 26, and with his upside, no way he makes it to 90.

If the Titans manage to trade down and secure more picks, then they could be freed up to grab one of those three somewhere in the third if they fall within striking range of a trade up.

3 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Here’s the thing technically we don’t have to draft Tannehill replacement this yr, & can wait next yr. AJ is still under contract for another yr & we have Simmons 5th yr option to exercise. Therefore we don’t have to pony up money right now cap definitely is going to rise TV money kicks in 23 season. As for the cap is real to a certain extent it can always be manipulated if the owner is willing to cut a check & dump it into escrow 

Yeah i don't think we take one in the 1st round. But the benefit of taking one say in the 3rd is you can see if the guy is something you can mold into a starter, while still having Tannehill keep us competitive. 

Truly there is never a good time to take a QB "early." Because its a wasted pick for the most part because they won't play. 

We don't have to draft one this year for he money, it's more about trying to lessen the down time at the QB spot. But to do that you have to throw a pick away and redshirt a guy.

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

I doubt a QB goes at 26 IMO.  That may just be wishful thinking, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Titans move around if a QB they like is on the board and falling to the point that he's a deal.  But of course, it's hard to say who they really like and how much.

If I had to guess, Malik Willis would be in play if he somehow made it to 26.  Pickett, maybe, but I just don't see it that high for this team.  And I think both are likely gone by the time we get to pick 26.  After that, it's hard to say.

I personally think Howell and Corrall are bad prospects that belong on Day 3, but some people are high on both, and either could be in play if the Titans move down a bit.  It'd be really hard to imagine them being the pick at 26.

Ridder is kinda the same.  I'm a lot higher on him than the previous two, and I think he better fits the mold of what the Titans would be looking for in this class.  I also think with his shortcomings, there's no way he's in play at 26, and with his upside, no way he makes it to 90.

If the Titans manage to trade down and secure more picks, then they could be freed up to grab one of those three somewhere in the third if they fall within striking range of a trade up.

Naw a QB won't go at 26. I'm seeing that many only have 1 QB worthy of an 1st round pick.