•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

27 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I have visions of Big E when I watch Trevor Penning. The thought of adding him and nasty demeanor at 24 is really growing on me.

I think Cowboys fans will not have much patience for the holding and personal foul penalties he’s going to wrack up early in his NFL career.

Okay....   SI mock draft is crazy in my mind.... WHY in the world would we trade with TB with both Zion and Dean available. That is crazy.   Sure it works on paper as we end up taking Dean which isn't the worst that could happen but NO way would I trust Dean making it back to us.  Then hey have us taking a safety in the second.......  uh I sure hope we aren't taking a safety in the second.   

Actually listening to all the talk here, I am almost at the point of drafting Zion or Linderebaum at 24 over Dean.. they have Linderbaum going at 32.

Well I did a couple more mocks...    every one had Zion available

instead I went with OT Penning, WR Olave, and WR Burks

thinking back I hope we would take Zion over Penning but...  also not sure about the Burks pick as he seems to be falling.

My fav was...

1 WR-Olave  2 T-Kinnard 3-T Diesch 4 TE Calcaterra 5 LB McFadden

5 T- Paul 5 DT-Ogbonnia 5 S Weatherford.

I would expect 1-2 of those T to actually be a guard on our team. The other a swing tackle.  The TE pick was probably a mistake. But I have zero knowledge on who's who by that stage.....

35 minutes ago, quiller said:

Okay....   SI mock draft is crazy in my mind.... WHY in the world would we trade with TB with both Zion and Dean available. That is crazy.   Sure it works on paper as we end up taking Dean which isn't the worst that could happen but NO way would I trust Dean making it back to us.  Then hey have us taking a safety in the second.......  uh I sure hope we aren't taking a safety in the second.   

Actually listening to all the talk here, I am almost at the point of drafting Zion or Linderebaum at 24 over Dean.. they have Linderbaum going at 32.

The link for those who haven’t seen it: https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2022/04/01/mock-draft-trades-after-free-agency

I would 100% do that trade with the Bucs. Adding pick #91 to go back 3 spots is a no brainer, especially with Zion, Green, Linderbaum, Lloyd, and Dean still on the board. Guaranteed to still land one of Dallas’s top choices. #91 could be a rookie starter at linebacker or your future at TE.

That said, I’d bet a year’s salary that our first 2 picks are not a linebacker and safety. 

13 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

The link for those who haven’t seen it: https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2022/04/01/mock-draft-trades-after-free-agency

I would 100% do that trade with the Bucs. Adding pick #91 to go back 3 spots is a no brainer, especially with Zion, Green, Linderbaum, Lloyd, and Dean still on the board. Guaranteed to still land one of Dallas’s top choices. #91 could be a rookie starter at linebacker or your future at TE.

That said, I’d bet a year’s salary that our first 2 picks are not a linebacker and safety. 

While it is a positive trade right now we have so many 5th and 6th round pics that frankly have little potential to actually improve our team in 2022 that adding another pic is questionable but sounds good the way you explain it.  But man taking a LB-Safety in the first two rounds would really really suck. Though a elite LB who can play well side line to side line and cover the occasional TE would be nice. 

54 minutes ago, quiller said:

While it is a positive trade right now we have so many 5th and 6th round pics that frankly have little potential to actually improve our team in 2022 that adding another pic is questionable but sounds good the way you explain it.  

There is a ton of potential to improve this team through the draft. And this draft is exceptionally deep, due to the extra year of eligibility granted to many players last year because of Covid.

Gimme all the top-100 picks I can get. Those guys should be NFL starters.

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

There is a ton of potential to improve this team through the draft. And this draft is exceptionally deep, due to the extra year of eligibility granted to many players last year because of Covid.

Gimme all the top-100 picks I can get. Those guys should be NFL starters.

I hope you are right ..  and right now we have 3 top 100. 1 at 129 and 5 more in the 155-193 range.   My problem is I think right now we have 5 spots on this team that can use upgrading. In order LG, C, LB, Edge Rusher and no3 WR. And I don't see anyone in the 129 plus range being better then what we already have.     I also have a hard time seeing any one of those 155  plus pics really making this team as our midlevel depth is frankly real good right now.  

1 hour ago, quiller said:

I hope you are right ..  and right now we have 3 top 100. 1 at 129 and 5 more in the 155-193 range.   My problem is I think right now we have 5 spots on this team that can use upgrading. In order LG, C, LB, Edge Rusher and no3 WR. And I don't see anyone in the 129 plus range being better then what we already have.     I also have a hard time seeing any one of those 155  plus pics really making this team as our midlevel depth is frankly real good right now.  

I don’t really agree with a ton here, except the fact that, yes, there are a lot of holes on this roster. Exactly why adding extra top-100 picks would be a good thing.

Someone I feel has a solid chance going higher than projected and well worth keeping an eye on is WF OL Zach Tom. Allowed 0 sacks/pressures vs Jermaine Johnson. Nearly 3k snaps between LT and Center. Allowed only 4 sacks and 37 pressures.

His numbers are mirror images to Rashawn Slater.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/rashawn-slater

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/zach-tom

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Someone I feel has a solid chance going higher than projected and well worth keeping an eye on is WF OL Zach Tom. Allowed 0 sacks/pressures vs Jermaine Johnson. Nearly 3k snaps between LT and Center. Allowed only 4 sacks and 37 pressures.

His numbers are mirror images to Rashawn Slater.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/rashawn-slater

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/zach-tom

I’m intrigued.

I’m getting more and more comfortable with the day 2 IOL in this class. Parham, Strange, and Ingram are all really solid prospects. It’s making me lean a bit towards WR in round 1.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 2