Around the NFL

LeeEvans

11 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Nowhere, at this point I don't even wanna waste an asset to bring in someone's scrap heap.

Roll with the garbage we have and supplement next year.

Mohammed Sanu is an option. They have been counting on Ridley the last 2 weeks and Sanu is clearly their #3 right now. I would be all for them giving up a mid round pick and taking that small salary on, at worst he would be the bills #2 moving forward.

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Mohammed Sanu is an option. They have been counting on Ridley the last 2 weeks and Sanu is clearly their #3 right now. I would be all for them giving up a mid round pick and taking that small salary on, at worst he would be the bills #2 moving forward.

Who would be number one in this situation?

5 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Who would be number one in this situation?

for the bills? It would be someone else to bring in or draft. For Atlanta they would have ridley and julio. So they maybe willing to take on a mid round pick to fill other needs on the team and get some cap relief. Free agency wont have a #1 wr out there and to pay one to be the #2 would be double what sanu is getting in his current contract. Funchess, Kbenji, golden tate, chris hogan, Cobb, dorsett and lockett will be available. To me Sanu is as good if not better then some of them and is younger then most of them. 

24 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

for the bills? It would be someone else to bring in or draft. For Atlanta they would have ridley and julio. So they maybe willing to take on a mid round pick to fill other needs on the team and get some cap relief. Free agency wont have a #1 wr out there and to pay one to be the #2 would be double what sanu is getting in his current contract. Funchess, Kbenji, golden tate, chris hogan, Cobb, dorsett and lockett will be available. To me Sanu is as good if not better then some of them and is younger then most of them. 

Gotcha. I thought you were saying he’d be the number 2 on the current roster lol

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Gotcha. I thought you were saying he’d be the number 2 on the current roster lol

Do the bills even have a #1, 2 or 3? I feel they just have guys but no one set at that position. So maybe Sanu would be the #1 or #2 on the current roster. Depends on how you look at Benjamin, he has the potential to be a #1 but seems like he is to lazy or scared of potentially getting injured. 

6 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Do the bills even have a #1, 2 or 3? I feel they just have guys but no one set at that position. So maybe Sanu would be the #1 or #2 on the current roster. Depends on how you look at Benjamin, he has the potential to be a #1 but seems like he is to lazy or scared of potentially getting injured. 

The only thing Benjamin has the potential to be is my least favorite Bill of all time. He’s such a bum.

19 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

You know who i miss? Robert Woods. I knew he was going to be a stud once he got away from us. Dude is a baller

He is a solid #2 wr. Problem is you had whaley as your GM overpaying other players and having no room to bring this guy back, not to mention a qb who was incapable of getting the ball to the wr.

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Bills traded Newhouse to the Panthers. Not sure what the compensation is but I for one am happy he is gone. I couldnt track every play he was in but the 2 I noticed were when he came in as an extra olineman and both times were flagged for him false starting or holding. 

And we signed Jeremiah Sirles... If it wasn't for an injury then he could have been a starter this year. Nice little addition.

Rishard Matthews is upset on the new HC staff and is requesting a trade or to be let go. I think this would be a nice addition for the bills to bring him in as he was the titans #1 wr the last 2 years and his contract is fairly cheap. They could probably trade that conditional pick they got for Newhouse to get him.

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Rishard Matthews is upset on the new HC staff and is requesting a trade or to be let go. I think this would be a nice addition for the bills to bring him in as he was the titans #1 wr the last 2 years and his contract is fairly cheap. They could probably trade that conditional pick they got for Newhouse to get him.

Looks like the titans just let him go. He would be an upgrade to the WR corps for the bills but the mentality of quitting on a team is something to be concerned about.

Archived