Foster headed to IR

turtle28

Woz called you out already because you bash Norman each and every week. You've done it since he signed here. You wait until he makes any kind of mistake and you pounce. 

Now, as far as McClain, McGee, Compton, Kelley and Lauvao are concerned, they do suck. I can accept guys like Kelley and Compton being bad because they aren't paid to be starters. The other three however, are terrible and they're paid to not be terrible. Lauvao has been awful the whole time he's been here. Why you named Paul, Hood and Grant as players I bash I honestly don't know? I may give Grant crap occasionally but he's a fifth round pick that's pressed into playing because our GM is an idiot.

Bruce Allen rushed out and paid two back up DL starter money when free agency started. They sucked so bad during preseason and the start of the season that there was talk of them not even making the team. Now they're only starting because all of our starters got hurt. If you go out and pay a pair of DL starter money and they only become starters because other players got hurt, what does that tell you? And if you really think them getting minimal push or pressure which leads to Case Keenum looking like Joe Montana is okay because "hey, McGee had 8 tackles" than you've gone completely off the deep end with your defense of sucky players. 

Woz didn’t say I called out Norman every week, he pointed I out that I did last week and rightfully so because he had a bad game and his poor coverage and lack of effort in tackling Murray and my and McKinnon attributed greatly to our loss.

Look were not going to agree on this but everyone you've been clamoring about that sucks are good rotational pieces/good back ups and/or serviceable starters and especially Hood and Chester have been for nearly a decade in the NFL. Hood, McClain and McGee are decent role players and do their jobs most of the time but don’t make that many flashy plays. I know that and have never claimed otherwise. I am only pointing out when they have made good plays.

The truth is McClain will probably finish the season with 30 tackles and 3 or 4 sacks like I thought he would before the season.

McGee probably won’t get the 3 or 4 sacks I thought he would - he’ll probably end up with 1 or 2 but I also didn’t believe that Ioannidis would break out and take snaps away for them - no one didn’t - but I’m estatic that’s Ioaniddis has broken out and looks like like he could be a future long starter for us at DE or NT.

28 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Woz called you out already because you bash Norman each and every week. You've done it since he signed here. You wait until he makes any kind of mistake and you pounce. 

Now, as far as McClain, McGee, Compton, Kelley and Lauvao are concerned, they do suck. I can accept guys like Kelley and Compton being bad because they aren't paid to be starters. The other three however, are terrible and they're paid to not be terrible. Lauvao has been awful the whole time he's been here. Why you named Paul, Hood and Grant as players I bash I honestly don't know? I may give Grant crap occasionally but he's a fifth round pick that's pressed into playing because our GM is an idiot.

Bruce Allen rushed out and paid two back up DL starter money when free agency started. They sucked so bad during preseason and the start of the season that there was talk of them not even making the team. Now they're only starting because all of our starters got hurt. If you go out and pay a pair of DL starter money and they only become starters because other players got hurt, what does that tell you? And if you really think them getting minimal push or pressure which leads to Case Keenum looking like Joe Montana is okay because "hey, McGee had 8 tackles" than you've gone completely off the deep end with your defense of sucky players. 

It wasn’t just Bruce Allen who decided to sign them them. Scot mcCloughan had McClain and McGee on his target list for DL that we used, and Tomsula endorsed the move as well and said he wanted them. You conveniently leave that out just to take a shot Allen.

They also didn’t suck last year and weren’t back ups for the cowboys and Raiders. In fact they were the best interior DL on each of their teams last year.

So, the signings made sense when they when they were made and they’ve been ok for us and decent rotational players. They probably would have more stats for those of you who just want them to get sacks if Ioannidis hadn’t broken out but he did. None of us predicted that Ioannidis would break out, although I did say Ioannidis could give us something as a rotational guy because he flashed some at the end of the year which, I’m pretty sure you ripped me for saying. W/o Ioannidis stepping up they’d probably have a few more sacks between them because they would be playing 10 to 15 more snaps a game.

20 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Scot McCloughan doesn't work here anymore. McCloughan didn't have any control and was out of the organization. Bruce decided to sign them. Not Scot. 

Dude you can’t pick and choose who you give MCCloughan credit for us drafting and signing. I said that McCloughan, Williams, Jay, Manusky and Tomsula had a part in the scouting and decision making process.

we used scot’s board in the draft and his target list for free agency.

You're quick to give McCloughan credit for the drafting of Allen and others because he scouted them and for the signing of Brown and Swearinger because they’ve been good FA signings and were on McCloughans FA target list but all the guys who haven’t turned into good or great starters you’ll say that was all because of Bruce Allen because it convienently fits your narrative against him.

Thats very hypocritical.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Dude you can’t pick and choose who you give MCCloughan credit for us drafting and signing. I said that McCloughan, Williams, Jay, Manusky and Tomsula had a part in the scouting and decision making process.

we used scot’s board in the draft and his target list for free agency.

You're quick to give McCloughan credit for the drafting of Allen and others because he scouted them and for the signing of Brown and Swearinger because they’ve been good FA signings and were on McCloughans FA target list but all the guys who haven’t turned into good or great starters you’ll say that was all because of Bruce Allen because it convienently fits your narrative against him.

Thats very hypocritical.

Its been pretty widely covered in the media that the Redskins used McCloughan's board for the draft.  He left a scouting list for the free agents he'd sign but he had been out of the organization for quite some time by free agency.  That was Brucey boy's doing.  Also, regardless of McCloughan's scouting on the free agents, Bruce is the one that seriously overpaid for McGee and McClain.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Was mccloughan in charge of the franchise when the moves were made? Did he sign them? Just answer that question. 

No but again, they used his list off the scouting he did on th free agents.

We Can gave it your way, I’m fine with that. So, in your world, McCloughan had nothing to do with setting up the draft board or free agency list which netted us Brown, Swearinger too and got us Allen, Anderson, Moreau, Perine, Sprinkle, Roullier, JHC and Holsey as well.

Fair?

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Its been pretty widely covered in the media that the Redskins used McCloughan's board for the draft.  He left a scouting list for the free agents he'd sign but he had been out of the organization for quite some time by free agency.  That was Brucey boy's doing.  Also, regardless of McCloughan's scouting on the free agents, Bruce is the one that seriously overpaid for McGee and McClain.

They still used his list in both instances. Again, you all can’t be hypocrites and pick and choose which ones you like and don’t based on how they’ve performed as pucks and free agent signings. McCloughan and everyone in the front offices and even coaches had some say in what they did this past offseason.

Theyre not overpaid, it’s the going rate for serviceable DL in their prime (3-5 million a year, Baker and RJF have made the same over the last 2 years and they’re not that much better than McClain & McGee if they’re better at all).

At least we didn’t overpay like Shanahan & Bruce did to get Stephen Bowen and Cofield. Those two contracts cost us far more than McClain and McGee.

39 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They still used his list in both instances. Again, you all can’t be hypocrites and pick and choose which ones you like and don’t based on how they’ve performed as pucks and free agent signings. McCloughan and everyone in the front offices and even coaches had some say in what they did this past offseason.

Theyre not overpaid, it’s the going rate for serviceable DL in their prime (3-5 million a year, Baker and RJF have made the same over the last 2 years and they’re not that much better than McClain & McGee if they’re better at all).

At least we didn’t overpay like Shanahan & Bruce did to get Stephen Bowen and Cofield. Those two contracts cost us far more than McClain and McGee.

They aren’t serviceable.  

40 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

No but again, they used his list off the scouting he did on th free agents.

We Can gave it your way, I’m fine with that. So, in your world, McCloughan had nothing to do with setting up the draft board or free agency list which netted us Brown, Swearinger too and got us Allen, Anderson, Moreau, Perine, Sprinkle, Roullier, JHC and Holsey as well.

Fair?

I've never given mcclughan credit for this free agency class. He even said on twitter they deviated from his board in the 2017 draft. And I've given him crap for the Jones pick. I have no idea what you are going on about with that stuff? 

Just now, lavar703 said:

I've never given mcclughan credit for this free agency class. He even said on twitter they deviated from his board in the 2017 draft. And I've given him crap for the Jones pick. I have no idea what you are going on about with that stuff? 

McCloughan said they pretty much followed his draft board to a T.  

Archived