Foster headed to IR

turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The front 7 has its three best DL out with injury and Foster.

Exactly. They are down their top guy and I’d say their 3rd and 4th most talented players. But one of those guys has never stayed healthy so banking on that was never realistic. Gallett sucks!!!! In the end we have Smith and Kerrigan. Murphy went down in preseason and that hurt!! Allen is a stud. We need to find him another stud to really free up our OLB’s. I don’t think our front 7 is bad but we need depth and we need a better top 3! Allen is great let’s find one more hopefully a NT and put this unit together

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Allen loves those guys. 

http://www.spotrac.com/research/nfl/value-grading-notable-2017-nfl-free-agents-645/

With the 2017 NFL regular season now nearly half complete, we'll take a look back at the free agent season that was. We've identified all free agent contracts of at least $2M from each team, assessing a "Value Level" for each based on $ vs. production. Green is excellent, yellow is average, and red is of course below average. Players with a white rating were injured to start the year, released, or retired.

So, I decided to score out the results. I gave each team 3 points for a green free agent and 1 for a yellow free agent. I then tried it with -1 for red and -3 for white (the idea being that if they're already off the team then it was a complete waste of time to pursue them) as well as a -3 for red and -1 for white (the idea being that you got rid of your mistake early). Here's what the league looks like:

3 for green
1 for yellow

WHITE=-3    RED=-3  NO. FA
Arizona         3       3       5
Atlanta         -2      -8      4
Baltimore       3       -3      9
Buffalo         16      18      10
Carolina        4       -2      6
Chicago         -3      -11     9
Cincinnati      2       0       2
Cleveland       4       2       4
Dallas          -8      -2      4
Denver          5       1       5
Detroit         6       2       6
Green Bay       0       -2      6
Houston         3       1       3
Indianapolis    9       9       11
Jacksonville    -8      2       8
Kansas City     2       2       2
LA Chargers     4       4       2
LA Rams         7       5       5
Miami           -2      -6      6
Minnesota       9       7       5
New England     1       -3      5
New Orleans     -3      -9      7
NY Giants       -11     -11     7
NY Jets         3       1       5
Oakland         2       0       4
Philadelphia    3       3       5
Pittsburgh      -7      -3      5
San Francisco   3       1       11
Seattle         -1      -5      3
Tampa Bay       -3      -5      9
Tennessee       2       -8      10
Washington      0       -8      6

With the higher penalty for discarding a player early in the process, the Redskins rank 21st having garnered zero points (tied with Green Bay). With the higher penalty for keeping a bad player, the Redskins tie for 27th (alongside Atlanta and Tennessee).

Sufficed to say, the 2017 free agent class has not wrapped itself in glory. And if the Redskins inexplicably let Zach Brown walk ... oy ...

3 hours ago, Woz said:

http://www.spotrac.com/research/nfl/value-grading-notable-2017-nfl-free-agents-645/

So, I decided to score out the results. I gave each team 3 points for a green free agent and 1 for a yellow free agent. I then tried it with -1 for red and -3 for white (the idea being that if they're already off the team then it was a complete waste of time to pursue them) as well as a -3 for red and -1 for white (the idea being that you got rid of your mistake early). Here's what the league looks like:

3 for green
1 for yellow

WHITE=-3    RED=-3  NO. FA
Arizona         3       3       5
Atlanta         -2      -8      4
Baltimore       3       -3      9
Buffalo         16      18      10
Carolina        4       -2      6
Chicago         -3      -11     9
Cincinnati      2       0       2
Cleveland       4       2       4
Dallas          -8      -2      4
Denver          5       1       5
Detroit         6       2       6
Green Bay       0       -2      6
Houston         3       1       3
Indianapolis    9       9       11
Jacksonville    -8      2       8
Kansas City     2       2       2
LA Chargers     4       4       2
LA Rams         7       5       5
Miami           -2      -6      6
Minnesota       9       7       5
New England     1       -3      5
New Orleans     -3      -9      7
NY Giants       -11     -11     7
NY Jets         3       1       5
Oakland         2       0       4
Philadelphia    3       3       5
Pittsburgh      -7      -3      5
San Francisco   3       1       11
Seattle         -1      -5      3
Tampa Bay       -3      -5      9
Tennessee       2       -8      10
Washington      0       -8      6

With the higher penalty for discarding a player early in the process, the Redskins rank 21st having garnered zero points (tied with Green Bay). With the higher penalty for keeping a bad player, the Redskins tie for 27th (alongside Atlanta and Tennessee).

Sufficed to say, the 2017 free agent class has not wrapped itself in glory. And if the Redskins inexplicably let Zach Brown walk ... oy ...

Ya the free agents we signed other than Zach Brown were utter crap.  I said this all summer.  Although I thought the Pryor signing would turn out better.  

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya the free agents we signed other than Zach Brown were utter crap.  I said this all summer.  Although I thought the Pryor signing would turn out better.  

Eh, I thought the Swearinger signing wasn't bad. I do admit that I thought Pryor would turn out better than he has.

But the DL signings were obvious wastes at the time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2017 at 9:45 AM, lavar703 said:

The bad thing is the idiot gave McGee and McClain sizable contracts so we won't be getting compensation picks for losing Baker, DJax or Garçon. 

The same Baker who can’t get on the field in Tampa. Baker was the best DL on the worst DL in the NFL in 2015 & 16. That doesn’t make him a good player, he’s average just like McClain and McGee. He also got nearly twice as many snaps McClain and McGee so that’s why he would have more tackles, pressures and sacks as well.

We miss Djax & Garçon, but let’s not forget they haven’t done anything this year as well. Desean only has 33 recs and 2 yds through 9 games and Garçon is out for the year with a neck injury which tends to happen to Wrs when they get over 30.

Also, while Garçon had 40 receptions for 500 yards in half a season, he didn’t have any TDs. 

So yes, Kirk misses them in our passing game but they haven’t been successful as free agents either. 

Also, let’s not forget that neither really wanted to return. Garçon and Jay didn’t get along and i don’t think Garçon ever accepted being the #2 wr and never loved how Kirk wouldn’t target him more. And Djax wanted to get paid, and they both got paid handsomely and really haven’t/didn’t deliver for their teams this year either.

If we had kept them and Baker, we probably don’t have Zach Brown and maybe not Swearinger either because of how much Djax & Garçon cost in free agency and then our defense is still amongst the worst in the nfl instead of being average.

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The same Baker who can’t get on the field in Tampa. Baker was the best DL on the worst DL in the NFL in 2015 & 16. That doesn’t make him a good player, he’s average just like McClain and McGee. He also got nearly twice as many snaps McClain and McGee so that’s why he would have more tackles, pressures and sacks as well.

We miss Djax & Garçon, but let’s not forget they haven’t done anything this year as well. Desean only has 33 recs and 2 yds through 9 games and Garçon is out for the year with a neck injury which tends to happen to Wrs when they get over 30.

Also, while Garçon had 40 receptions for 500 yards in half a season, he didn’t have any TDs. 

So yes, Kirk misses them in our passing game but they haven’t been successful as free agents either. 

Also, let’s not forget that neither really wanted to return. Garçon and Jay didn’t get along and i don’t think Garçon ever accepted being the #2 wr and never loved how Kirk wouldn’t target him more. And Djax wanted to get paid, and they both got paid handsomely and really haven’t/didn’t deliver for their teams this year either.

If we had kept one of them and Baker, we probably don’t have Zach Brown and maybe not Swearinger either because of how much Djax & Garçon cost in free agency.

Dude will you just stop excusing every dumb *** move they made. McClain and McGee are awful. Baker is better than both and I don't care what he's done in Tampa because he was clearly better here. Jackson and Garçon were very good here. What they've done in Tampa and San Fran is not indicative of what they would've done here.

We didn't pay Brown much at all so yes, we still could've afforded him. And we could've kept Baker with the money we paid McClain and McGee. And we most likely could've fit Jax and Garçon under the cap as well. Schaffer has done it enough times to know what he's doing. Bruce just thought his way would work and it didn't. He's an idiot. 

32 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Dude will you just stop excusing every dumb *** move they made. McClain and McGee are awful. Baker is better than both and I don't care what he's done in Tampa because he was clearly better here. Jackson and Garçon were very good here. What they've done in Tampa and San Fran is not indicative of what they would've done here.

We didn't pay Brown much at all so yes, we still could've afforded him. And we could've kept Baker with the money we paid McClain and McGee. And we most likely could've fit Jax and Garçon under the cap as well. Schaffer has done it enough times to know what he's doing. Bruce just thought his way would work and it didn't. He's an idiot. 

Im tired of so many in this forum having posts like this but having no actual proof to back up their claims. Almost every week both McGee & McClain flash, they are better against the run than the lazy arse Baker ever was because they actually give effort on run downs and stay gap sound unlike Baker & RJF.

In know way have I ever claimed either player to be above average or good, but to say they are awful is the most disingenuous load of crap ever!

Theyre jags - average players - the way the NFL contracts have increased over this CBA you have to pay jags like Lauvao, McClain and McGee $3 to 5 million a year because that’s today’s NFL’s market for an average NFL starter or a decent back up.

Cooley grades they every week and most weeks they get C grades. Once McGee was a D but most weeks he’s a C or B. I think every week McClain has been a B or C.

Its the same reason why Cousins will get overpaid - yes he’s not an nfl max contract player - but he’s a top 10 qb and will get one of the most expensive contracts in nfl history next offseason from someone and maybe the most expensive contract in nfl history.

Another example, Otto Porter isn’t worth his contract for the wizards but because of the market in the NBA’s new CBA he got a max contract as a role player.

Jay and Garçon didn’t get along. Garçon didn’t want to return. Now he’s an overpaid 31 year old wr with a neck injury. It sucks to say this because it’s cold, but I’m glad that’s the 49ers problem and not the Redskins problem.

Djax got overpaid. Yes, we could have fit him under the cap and still gotten Brown & Swearinger and maybe retained Baker as well but Djax has had a down year and Baker can’t even get on the field.

You should quit ignoring the facts.

What do you mean we have no proof? They suck. I can see it with my own eyes when I watch the games.

The same Cooley who said fans were stupid because they said Chris Chester sucked when, in fact, Chester was dreadful? McGee and McClain get no push whatsoever and they rarely make plays. They're not being paid like JAGs either. 

27 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

What do you mean we have no proof? They suck. I can see it with my own eyes when I watch the games.

The same Cooley who said fans were stupid because they said Chris Chester sucked when, in fact, Chester was dreadful? McGee and McClain get no push whatsoever and they rarely make plays. They're not being paid like JAGs either. 

McClain has 2 sacks and multiple pressures on the season as well playing solid run D. He had 5 solo tackles in Seattle and a huge sack of  Russell Wilson on of Seattle’s final drives and maybe i5 was their final drive. McGee is coming off an 8 tackle game as a DL (4 solo, 4 assisted), he’s an ok run defender, pushes the pocket well and has 2 tipped passes on the year, one of which allowed Kerrigan to get the int on Wentz and return it for the TD in week 1. And yes, in today’s nfl they are be paid like jags. You may not agree but jags in the nfl now get paid 3 to 5 million a year In most positions. 

Chris Chester didn’t suck, he was an average starter just like Lauvao. When he left to go to play for the Falcons he was part of a great run blocking OL and would have won a super bowl last year if the arrogant and stupid Kyle Shanahan had run the clock out more with a huge lead instead of throwing so much in the second half which allowed Brady and the Pats the time to come back and win. 

Jesus Christ now you're defending Chris Chester? He was friggin horrible. He wasn't average at all. He sucked. 

You bash Josh Norman every week and you're defending McClain and McGee lmao. To make it even better you're defending Chester as well lol

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Jesus Christ now you're defending Chris Chester? He was friggin horrible. He wasn't average at all. He sucked. 

You bash Josh Norman every week and you're defending McClain and McGee lmao. To make it even better you're defending Chester as well lol

It’s amazing how you take someone’s analysis of a player and them saying they’re average and not that they just suck constantly - which is a joke of and  a crap know nothing analysis I’d expect from a 5 year old, not a grown man. Stop saying I’m just defending players  as some great players because it’s not true. I point out both sides of their game, good and bad in my analysis of players.

It’s funny how you ignore when I’m hard on these players that you always say I defend and only see when I say yeah but they do this at an average level sometimes and they’ve made these plays. Don’t get mad because I just pointed out that each of them made a few game changing plays and McClain has 2 sacks on the season and 5 solo tackles last game which I’m sure is something you had no clue of or that McGee had 8 tackles last game.

You're unbelievable, you totally ignore the good in even average players and only focus on a player’s negatives. That is a horrible way to analyze a player’s performance and it offers no good discussion about what is really going on when they are on the field to the forum.

You know damn well what I’m saying about all 3 of them is true, you just want to act a certain way like you always do and just hate on some Redskins players because they’re not the best players on the team, they’re only rotational role players.

I also don’t bash Norman every week, another thing you get wrong! He had a bad game and got burned a lot and shyed away from tackling running backs probably because of his broken ribs - it happens, not every CB is going to be perfect every week - don’t get mad at me for being honest about his bad game and his 4th or 5th dropped int of the season which if he had made them may have led us to a win win week 1 vs Phila, vs KC or last week vs Min. Those are game changing plays he’s not making.

If you don’t want to a corner that we are paying like a qb to be held to an elite standard every game then I don’t know what the hell were supposed to do!

Why do you hold guys like Grant, Kelley, Lauvao, Paul, Hood, McGee, McClain and Compton to an unattainable elite standard, but not Norman to an elite standard which is what he should be every week?

That doesn’t make much sense at all. Norman is making $20 mil this year, he needs to be better than the second coming of Carlos Rogers if this team is going to be better than average on defense and make it back to the playoffs.

Archived