Report: Lions exploring trade for Jamie Collins

Nnivolcm

Lions linebacker Jamie Collins didn’t participate in a walk-through Wednesday for non-injury reasons, and Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports the team is exploring trade options.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/09/22/report-lions-exploring-trade-for-jamie-collins/

I wouldn't expect to much in return. He hasn't played up to the contract Quintricia signed him to, he's older, and his play has been atrocious. The biggest benefit would be more play time for Barnes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LionArkie said:

When comparing Collins to Anzalone, Campbell said the following:

“Does he move with the same effort or have the same effort as Alex? No, I don’t (think so),” Campbell said. “I think Alex just plays at a high level all the time. That’s him. That’s how it goes.”

He may play with a high level of energy, but not skill.  Anzalone has been brutal this year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

He may play with a high level of energy, but not skill.  Anzalone has been brutal this year. 

I was thinking the same thing. I think Campbell made apparent you're going to bust your hump or you're out.  At least that's what I was reading into it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LionArkie said:

I was thinking the same thing. I think Campbell made apparent you're going to bust your hump or you're out.  At least that's what I was reading into it.

I get that.  I also don't like killing trade value to make a point.  Would be cool if we get anything for him at this point.  Can trade his buddy Trey along with him.  Just reset everything and be bad this year.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I get that.  I also don't like killing trade value to make a point.  Would be cool if we get anything for him at this point.  Can trade his buddy Trey along with him.  Just reset everything and be bad this year.  

According to OTC, 

• Collins (post-June 1 Trade) = $4M Cap Gain ($3.33M Dead Cap)
  • Flowers (post-June 1 Trade) = $14M Cap Gain ($5.61M Dead Cap)

18 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

According to OTC, 

• Collins (post-June 1 Trade) = $4M Cap Gain ($3.33M Dead Cap)
  • Flowers (post-June 1 Trade) = $14M Cap Gain ($5.61M Dead Cap)

Flowers actually has pretty decent PFF ratings again, not sure how but he does.  Maybe he will have some actual value on the trade market.  I'd rather just let Julian Okwara play and any other young guys to see what we have and let them develop some.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I wouldn't mind Collins and Anzalone both being replaced by Barnes and Pittman. I'm sure as rookies they'll play with plenty of energy if that's the bar Anzalone has set. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

This season. The OTC calculator is funny (at least for me) when it comes to completing post-June 1st trades. I can see the impact but it won't let me process it (to see future impacts). 

Excellent. I'm more than okay with reasonable dead cap hits for this year which limits the Quintricia mistakes from impacting future seasons. 

• Like 1

"We’ll see where it goes," Campbell said. "There again, we’re just letting this thing play out right now. We’ve got suitors right now. So certainly we’re hoping to have this done sooner than later, but we’re not necessarily putting a timetable on it either. We had open communication with Jamie. We sat down and told him straight up. He’s been good. He understands."

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2021/09/23/jamie-collins-trade-detroit-lions-dan-campbell/5826818001/

• Like 1