2022 Mock Draft Sims

kingseanjohn

System check. The first is me picking with a needs list of Edge, DT, WR, S, OT and secondary needs of RB, LB, TE. Must take one of the top 10 listed players.

30: R1 P30 DL Devonte Wyatt - Georgia
62: R2 P30 EDGE Kingsley Enagbare - South Carolina
94: R3 P30 LB Leo Chenal - Wisconsin
103: R3 P39 RB Isaiah Spiller - Texas A&M
134: R4 P30 OT Dare Rosenthal - Kentucky

For this round, i picked for the NY Giants and the computer selected This. Yuch.

30: R1 P30 WR Jahan Dotson - Penn State
62: R2 P30 EDGE Nik Bonitto - Oklahoma
94: R3 P30 LB Brian Asamoah - Oklahoma
103: R3 P39 RB Abram Smith - Baylor
134: R4 P30 OT Max Mitchell - Louisiana

On 3/12/2022 at 1:44 PM, onejayhawk said:

The Jordan Davis = Dontari Poe idea works for me. One issue was how fast Poe flamed out.

Is Devonte Wyatt = Chris Jones fair?

If those are the comparisons, it’s Wyatt all day.  I loved Poe, but he’s no Chris Jones.  One of the websites actually compared McNeal to Jones for what is worth.

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

System check. The first is me picking with a needs list of Edge, DT, WR, S, OT and secondary needs of RB, LB, TE. Must take one of the top 10 listed players.

30: R1 P30 DL Devonte Wyatt - Georgia
62: R2 P30 EDGE Kingsley Enagbare - South Carolina
103: R3 P39 RB Isaiah Spiller - Texas A&M
134: R4 P30 OT Dare Rosenthal - Kentucky

For this round, i picked for the NY Giants and the computer selected This. Yuch.

30: R1 P30 WR Jahan Dotson - Penn State
62: R2 P30 EDGE Nik Bonitto - Oklahoma
94: R3 P30 LB Brian Asamoah - Oklahoma
103: R3 P39 RB Abram Smith - Baylor
134: R4 P30 OT Max Mitchell - Louisiana

I mean, there’s worse ways drafts could go.  I don’t like Dotson, but we need a WR. 103 seems WAY to early for Smith according to the mocks I’ve been doing.  I like Mitchell.

When sims go wrong. If no one has a position on their needs list, then this can happen.

30: R1 P30 DT Jordan Davis - Georgia
62: R2 P30 DT Devonte Wyatt - Georgia
94: R3 P30 DT Logan Hall - Houston
103: R3 P39 LB Chad Muma - Wyoming
134: R4 P30 DT Perrion Winfrey - Oklahoma

13 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

When sims go wrong. If no one has a position on their needs list, then this can happen.

30: R1 P30 DT Jordan Davis - Georgia
62: R2 P30 DT Devonte Wyatt - Georgia
94: R3 P30 DT Logan Hall - Houston
103: R3 P39 LB Chad Muma - Wyoming
134: R4 P30 DT Perrion Winfrey - Oklahoma

I’ve seen Hall listed as Edge…so there’s that…maybe…

No trade draft. Lucky to get Jones in the 2nd rd. Run defense will be strong as will pass defense with fresh bodies in there. WR's add much to our offense. Sanborn a natural at MLB.
30.  DeMarvin Leal, IDL, Texas A&M
62.  Travis Jones, IDL, UConn
94.  Kyle Philips, WR, UCLA
103. Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati
135. Jack Sanborn, LB, Wisconsin 
Edited by mayanfootball

7 hours ago, mayanfootball said:
No trade draft. Lucky to get Jones in the 2nd rd. Run defense will be strong as will pass defense with fresh bodies in there. WR's add much to our offense. Sanborn a natural at MLB.
30.  DeMarvin Leal, IDL, Texas A&M
62.  Travis Jones, IDL, UConn
94.  Kyle Philips, WR, UCLA

And we still can’t win because we aren’t getting to the QB and can’t cover forever.  lol.  Sorry couldn’t resist, I’da great draft if we get some other work done.

Didn't want to make a thread for this and didn't know where else to put it.

I'm doing a 3-year mock GM sim... made this move this offseason, wanted to post it to let you guys weigh in on it. I actually felt like it benefited the Chiefs more than the Saints.

Again, this is just a mock trade.

13 hours ago, Dome said:

Saints trade SS Malcolm Jenkins to the Kansas City Chiefs for their two earliest 7th round picks. They designate it a post June 1st cut.

KC gets a leader and SB tested veteran in their secondary. He's a bit slow these days, but if you don't leave him stranded on an island he's more than serviceable and an awesome leader. Saints move on from a fan favorite and send him to a Super Bowl contender... they get some picks to fill out their roster. 

Saves the Saints $7.75m this season with a 3.95 cap hit in 2022 and 2023

Edited by Dome

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Didn't want to make a thread for this and didn't know where else to put it.

I'm doing a 3-year mock GM sim... made this move this offseason, wanted to post it to let you guys weigh in on it. I actually felt like it benefited the Chiefs more than the Saints.

Again, this is just a mock trade.

It's not very realistic with Justin Reid in the mix now.    Reid/Thornhill are starting at Saf,     we do need a 3rd Safety but can't pay that much cap for one.      Like Jenkins versatility,   but Snead and Reid already fill that area for us.

It's nice value for the Chiefs trade wise..    Don't think the need matches his cap hit though.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedGold said:

It's not very realistic with Justin Reid in the mix now.    Reid/Thornhill are starting at Saf,     we do need a 3rd Safety but can't pay that much cap for one.      Like Jenkins versatility,   but Snead and Reid already fill that area for us.

It's nice value for the Chiefs trade wise..    Don't think the need matches his cap hit though.   

Sorry, wasn't clear on that. I'm on year two of this GM mock, and just got behind on keeping the thread updated while moving into my new house and some other ****.

This move "happened" as a way for the Saints to clear out cap space last week. In the extended universe of my GM mock, you guys got Jenkins for two 7th instead of Reid.

Or maybe you did this then extended/restructured jenkins and signed Reid anyways. IDK. lol... as long as you like the value and jenkins versatility, for the purposes of my mock thats good for me.

Edited by Dome

This draft gives the Chiefs a monster DLine. New CB Taylor-Britt can start in place of Ward. Pierce at WR had a stellar Combine and will improve our WR corp. Sanborn is a natural at MLB.
30. Perrion Winfrey, IDL, Oklahoma
62, DeMarvin Leal, IDL, Texas A&M
94. Cam Taylor-Britt, CB, Nebraska
  •  

Moster DL is a stretch, thoughin a couple of years they might be significantly improved. It's not like you have two top 10 picks. We still need an Edge.

Try this.

30: R1 P30 DL Jordan Davis - Georgia
62: R2 P30 EDGE Drake Jackson - USC
103: R3 P39 WR Wan'Dale Robinson - Kentucky
135: R4 P30 S S JT Woods - Baylor

This is assuming we sign no one else prior to the draft...

32. Jahan Dotson, WR Penn State - Day one starter. With the way the board fell, a trade down would be a legit option.

62. Sam Williams, DE Ole Miss - Some may consider this early, but I want to make sure the pass rush gets upgraded. He should be the starter year one opposite Clark. At worst, he should be first man up in the rotation.

94. Josh Jobe, CB Alabama - Should contribute early and often. The flaws that I see are coachable. He should start next year.

103. JoJo Domann, LB Nebraska - Like Jobe, should contribute early and often. I just recently scouted him and I liked what I saw. He'll be 25 by week 1 though, so he's not a 2+ contract guy.

135. Rachaad White, RB Arizona State - I still see a young Le'Veon Bell when I watch his tape. Plus, I learned that he's from the KC area; so bonus points. I think he could be the steal of the draft for someone.

233. Verone McKinley III, S Oregon - Developmental guy who should get playing time early. I could see Thornhill taking over Sorensen's role in the 3 safety looks with McKinley playing deep and Reid in Mathieu's role.

243. Micheal Clemons, DE Texas A&M - Another guy I recently scouted for the first time. He has stuff to work on but should be in the rotation early. He could develop into a legit starter within a couple years.

251. Samori Toure, WR Nebraska - Should contribute year one and beyond.

TDN doesn't simulate picks 257-262 apparently, so I couldn't select anyone at 260. I would've gone BPA though. This isn't my favorite draft, but I'd be happy with it.