Week 4 - Jags week

THE DUKE

I hope you guys are proud of yourselves.  In the last month, I have watched you beat my old team (the Vikings) and tonight I had to watch you beat my new team!  Hahaha!  Good game tonight, Bengals fans.  It was fun watching two of my favorite young QB's compete on an NFL stage. 

The Jaguars are going to lose their share of games this year, but I don't think they are the absolute dumpster fire that some people say they are.  It seems like they are going through the same rebuilding process the Bengals are going through.  You are just a year or two further along.  You have a lot to look forward to in the future.  The Burrow to Chase combo is going to be deadly to opposing defenses for the next decade.  I also like that Uzomah guy of yours.  That guy is a monster!

Anyway, best of luck the rest of the year!

#BeatTheSteelers
#BeatTheRavens

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 3

I watched pieces of the game last night. Mostly the first half 0-14 and then one drive of the second half (right after the Bengals tied it - kind of passed out on the couch). Passed out again after that 3rd Jacksonville score.

So I saw all three Jacksonville scores. And none of the Bengals. 

You're welcome everyone for not watching the whole thing. 

Now that i'm past the emotional part of the game, some notes on the game, of which I actually got to see a fair bit of for a change.

• Logan Wilson was really good at LB. If he can stay healthy, then he is going to make a name for himself this season.
  • It's been said before, but we are really missing that depth at edge with Ossai being hurt and I think Sample was out too, but he's more of a depth piece, at least as a rookie. Hendrickson and Hubbard are a solid starting duo, to the point to where i'm on board extending Hubbard.
  • Carman was ok, but still looks like a rookie.  On his good plays he looks real good, but he still gets caught off guard too much.
  • Definitely a noticeable drop off with Tee out, hopefully with a long week off now, he'll be good to go in week 5.
  • I really didn't notice Trae Waynes, so I hope that's a good thing. I noticed Eli Apple and Mike Hilton getting picked on a bit, but outside of a few plays the pass defense wasn't too bad.  I hated the soft cushions we kept giving them on 3rd and short for easy first downs, but I get the play it safe don't give up the big play strategy. If Bates is playing, I hope we are a little more aggressive.
  • I think we need to run the stretch play to Mixon outside a little more.  Even when it didn't work it seemed like we'd get a yard or two and Mixon looked good finding the cut back lanes as they opened.  Hopefully, whatever bothered him to keep him out the last drive isn't serious.
  • Joe Burrow is the ******* man.
  • Like 2