2022 Prospects

Tetsujin

2 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

I had liked this comment and left it liked. A few more weeks like this last one and he will change my mind. Parker and Fuller still need to go. 

I agree.  If Albert Wilson can stay healthy and the Coaching staff commits to getting him involved then he makes us a better Offense.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

I like all those players you listed, but I have us addressing WR and OT early due to need.  I also am predicting we bring back Gesicki and Ogbah, two players that are in the top 5 of their positions.  Our GM obviously isn't going RB in round 1 ( I think we make a push to sign Cordarelle Patterson at RB ) and with Ogbah and Phillips healthy there's no need for an Edge defender ( same can be said for Jones and X at CB ).  We have a huge need at WR and OT with both positions extremely underperforming and frequently injured ( Waddle being the exception ).  I think we dip into FA to fill one OT spot ( Terron Armstead from NO to play LT ) and look to the draft (again) for the other.  Eichenberg moves back to LG.  I think we let go of a few of our underperforming WR's to clear roster space for new blood and luckily this isn't a terrible WR class at the top, so we go WR early to fill a huge need. 

Additionally, I like some of the LB's that will be going in the first 2 rounds of 2022, but with Baker signed long term to be our Off Ball LB, Phillips being able to play 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB, and AVG still on his rookie deal we only have a need for the Ball / Run / thump LB spot, and we just have bigger needs to fill early.

IMO needs are

QB, OT, WR, C, LB / RB (=)

I agree with getting a WR early, if we got Drake London in round 2 that would be awesome, feel like he’s gonna be what Devante Parker was suppose to be, only taller and more physical, better in the red zone and in contested catches but still runs crisp routes and has great YAC ability, he would be the perfect compliment to Waddle. I know we’re not gonna take a RB in round one and I think Allgeier can be had in round 3 possibly even 4, I really want him, might be my favorite RB as well as overall player in this draft and a couple other ones, but there are a lot of great backs in this draft, Zach Charbonnet, Jerome Ford, Kenneth Walker, Breece Hall, Kennedy Brooks, Sincere McComick, and Pierre Strong is a guy from a South Dakota State who has put up great numbers and had good size. Totally agree with you about Edge, we have Philips and Ogbah but if Sam Williams or Jermaine Johnson are there for a second or third round pick ans out other positions of need aren’t up to value with the pick, then I would be happy to take them, also Deangelo Malone would be an awesome late round pick, great length at 6’4” 240,  ver lean and wirey. As for ILB’s, Demarvion Overshown would be awesome, 6’4” 245 and great in coverage, also I like Mike Rose, Devin Lloyd, Nakobe Dean, he reminds me of Roquan Smith, for a later round pick amount Deng is interesting, 6’6” 250, very lean but is an athletic freak, making plays is what he does but has been injured the last couple years. For the o-line C and RT/LT need help, wouldn’t mind signing 2 veteran OT’s and getting a you f anchor at C, our best o-line years recently were when mike pounced was here, people forget how important the C position is, Tyler Linderbaum is by far the best C but Alec Lindstrom, Jarrett Patterson, Alex Forsyth, Ben Brown, and Emil Ekiyor are great options

10 hours ago, Jdolphins18 said:

people forget how important the C position is, Tyler Linderbaum is by far the best C but Alec Lindstrom, Jarrett Patterson, Alex Forsyth, Ben Brown, and Emil Ekiyor are great options

I like Lindstrom in round 3 or 4 he would be a quality pick with great value IMO but he is a bit lean weighing in under 300lbs and doesn't profile well to our gap power blocking scheme.

Edited by Swampbilly

• 3 weeks later...

If you haven’t seen the senior bowl roster yet I suggest you go look at it. I’m pretty sure it’s not complete yet as some players are still deciding but man it is packed already with really exciting players. The defense especially has a lot of players that I have and will be studying thoroughly. I’m gonna lost some players i think the Phins will be looking at before the draft.

RB: Rachaad White, Abram Smith, Dameon Pierce

WR: Jalen Tolbert, Jahan Dotson, Romeo Doubs, Alec Pierce, Calvin Austin

TE: Tre McBride, Isaiah Likely, Charlie Kolar, Cole Turner, this is by far my favorite group on the offense l, these 4 guys have all been very productive and are just complete headaches for Def. coordinaters. Kolar kinda had a down year after having a huge 2020 but I still really like, Trey McBride’s stat line this year was insane! 90 catches, 1,121, 12.5 YPC, 1TD, I know the 1 touchdown looks bad but usually college TE’s don’t get close to 1,000 yards or 90 catches, that’s unheard of. I think he would compliment Gesicki/Long very well, he’s 6’4” 260, could be the Hernandez to our already Gronk sized TE’s. McBride and Likely are very similar players. I wonder if Cole Turner can be turned into a WR, he’s 6’6” 240 and very very lanky. Has the frame of a WR.

OL: Trevor Penning(T), Bernhard Raimann(T), Darian Kinnard(T/G), Zion Johnson(G), Lecitus Smith(G), Cole Strange(G), Marquies Hayes(G), Daniel Faalele (T,6’9”,380), Andrew Stueber(T), Max Mitchell(T), Ed Ingram(G), 

DL: Deangelo Malone(DE/OLB), Amare Barno(DE/OLB), Michael Clemons(DL), Arnold Ebiketie(DE), Perrion Winfrey(DT), Boye Mafe(DE/OLB), Dominique Robinson(DL), Logan Hall(DL), Travis Jones(NT), Zachary Carter(DL), Devonta Wyatt(DT), John Ridgeway(NT/Massive Person)

LB: Mike Rose, Chad Muma, Devin Lloyd, D’Marco Jackson, Damone Clark

DB: Sterling Weatherford(S), Marcus Jones(CB), Derion Kendrick(CB), Jalen Pitre(S), Roger McCreary(CB) Coby Bryant(CB), Tariq Woolen(CB), Yusuf Corker(S)

• 4 weeks later...