College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

9 minutes ago, RuralBill said:

people are mad because we finally got a coach worth a damn. All people want to care about in CFB is their team and whoever the top 5 name brand teams are at the time. It drives people insane that we got Jimbo. People just can't handle it.

He's a good coach for sure. Good recruiter. Good at creating a culture. Understands tradition.

But he's got some flaws. His teams haven't been exceptional outside of 2013-2014 with Jameis and pretty much an NFL roster. And in 2014 his team was completely unfocused. His offenses are ridiculously complicated for the college level. FSU's freshmen WRs barely ever saw the field. You need a special QB to run it well. His offenses are slow and cumbersome. Jimbo could be great if he would cede playcalling and get a real offensive coordinator. But he's going to try to be both HC and OC. I think that's his biggest flaw. He also swears against spread/"college" offenses. He needs to acknowledge that they work at this level and stop being so stubborn. Alas, he's extremely stubborn.

Locking up the best coach sans Saban for TEN YEARS... is a bad thing? Try again. Since it's a great coach, the longer the deal, the better it is. And it's a lot of money we are giving him, okay. We have the LARGEST alumni group of any college in the NATION! A great majority supposedly gave $100 to make this deal work. The university isn't going to be hurting.

if you want to argue Dabo is better, cool. He's the only one who could Ben argued at this point. And I wonder how you'd all feel about him if he wasn't at Clemson, but rather at FSU with lesser resources (besides arguably recruiting) and more instate competition.

No one can give concrete proof on who will be the best team in the future. If you're looking for indications of this, though, then they're right in front of you. Best coach long-term, recruiting will be a breeze as we are/have: best state for HS talent, best team in said state, and are in the best conference (and best division) in the nation. 

Are you seriously asking how a premiere SEC school led by the best long term coach in the nation has more potential than a Tom "bust" Herman led Big XII team that hasn't done sh!t in more than ten years? Stop it.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

You're in for some serious disappointment if you think Jimbo Fisher is the 2nd best coach in college football.

Yea.  Dabo and Urban are definitely better.  I'd take several others as well.  Jimbo's teams lack discipline.  That doesn't have anything to do with resources.

1 minute ago, RuralBill said:

Locking up the best coach sans Saban for TEN YEARS... is a bad thing? Try again. It's a lot of money, okay. We have the LARGEST alumni group of any college in the NATION! A great majority supposedly gave $100 to make this deal work. The university isn't going to be hurting.

if you want to argue Dabo is better, cool. He's the only one who could Ben argued at this point. And I wonder how you'd all feel about him if he wasn't at Clemson, but rather at FSU with lesser resources (besides arguably recruiting) and more instate competition.

No one can give concrete proof on who will be the best team in the future. If you're looking for indications of this, though, then they're right in front of you. Best coach long-term, recruiting will be a breeze as we are/have: best state for HS talent, best team in said state, and are in the best conference (and best division) in the nation. 

Are you seriously asking how a premiere SEC school led by the best long term coach in the nation has more potential than a Tom "bust" Herman led Big XII team that hasn't done sh!t in more than ten years? Stop it.

1 and 2) I gave you more coaches who are better than Jimbo. Argue against them, please. 

3) Oh so then hopefully you can see how it's reasonable to laugh at you assertion that A&M is going to be the best team in a couple years. 

4) Texas A&M is a premier SEC school? Since when? Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Florida. Those are premier SEC schools. A&M is in the next tier. Again, prove how Jimbo is the best long term coach in the nation. And please discuss why Tom Herman is a bust.

7 minutes ago, RuralBill said:

Locking up the best coach sans Saban for TEN YEARS... is a bad thing? Try again. Since it's a great coach, the longer the deal, the better it is. And it's a lot of money we are giving him, okay. We have the LARGEST alumni group of any college in the NATION! A great majority supposedly gave $100 to make this deal work. The university isn't going to be hurting.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm not trying to be unreasonable here. There's a lot of AM/Fisher hate, let's try to put your biases aside and listen to me. Nobody, even Aggie fans, think Jimbo is the greatest coach ever and will win a NCG every year. Do expect him to lead us to 3-5 NCG wins in his 10-20 years here, though.

I'm not trying to be unreasonable here. There's a lot of AM/Fisher hate, let's try to put your biases aside and listen to me. Nobody, even Aggie fans, think Jimbo is the greatest coach ever and will win a NCG every year. Do expect him to lead us to 3-5 NCG wins in his 10-20 years here, though.

@catcheryea we know it's you.

I'm not trying to be unreasonable here. There's a lot of AM/Fisher hate, let's try to put your biases aside and listen to me. 

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nobody, even Aggie fans, think Jimbo is the greatest coach ever and will win a NCG every year. Do expect him to lead us to 3-5 NCG wins in his 10-20 years here, though.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You just said Jimbo is going to be the best coach in the country when Saban retires besides for maybe Dabo. 

You also just said that A&M is going to be the best team in a couple years.

That's unreasonable. 

Just now, RollEagles said:

You just said Jimbo is going to be the best coach in the country when Saban retires besides for maybe Dabo. 

You also just said that A&M is going to be the best team in a couple years.

That's unreasonable. 

If Jimbo isn't the best coach in the nation besides Saban, why do we give him 70 million dollars?

yeah. 

Nice try.

Archived