Bucs (4-1) @ Eagles (2-3)- Thurs. Night Football

ravishingone

My morning after reaction to the game.  It was like a cat playing with a mouse.  Bat the mouse here, bat him there.  The mouse tries to escape, gets some space, but the cat quickly recovers and gives the mouse the double paw.  The Bucs almost let the Eagles escape. but didn t.  For me there were 3 plays if even one goes differently, game over

- Ross Cockrell cannot drop that screen pass that hits him in the hands with zero velocity.  It s a pick 6, score would have been 35-14.

- Bucs are up 28-14 with Rojo in the game.  Already got a first dwn running the ball.  Looks like Philly D starting to wilt and OL starting to impose its will.  Rojo goes for 8 yds on first dwn, holding call on Smith.  Yes, it was a hold.  Refs don t call holding on either team, but game in the balance now a flag.  Very questionable.

- Later in the drive dump off to Howard on 3rd and 10.  He has one guy to beat for a first and a lot more.  He gets tripped up while being barely touched.  For such a big man, Howard has to get thru that tackle at that point of the game.  Side note:  on the 4th down play sure looks like Evans was open quick on an out pattern and Brady was even looking that way.  Why he came off that, no clue, but he screwed himself because only Howard was back side in the pattern.

5-1 is all that matters.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

not sure why. Davis and Murphy-Bunting will be back in a couple of weeks. Good cornerbacks aren't usually available anyway and the Bucs are tight against the cap.

Davis not coming back until after the bye week. SMB status is still up in the there. Sherman maybe out for weeks. ill take a flier CB on a rookie deal atp

9 minutes ago, indifference said:

Davis not coming back until after the bye week. SMB status is still up in the there. Sherman maybe out for weeks. ill take a flier CB on a rookie deal atp

that's fine, you are facing Jameis and Fields until the bye. I very much doubt Licht makes a move now.

28 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

that's fine, you are facing Jameis and Fields until the bye. I very much doubt Licht makes a move now.

Afer the bye it s WFT and Giants I believe.  Like yourself, I would be very surprised if Licht makes a CB move.  In his mind even if we luck out and find a guy who can play, it will take him so long to get up to speed.  Not like the rest of the league is not looking for CB help also.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Afer the bye it s WFT and Giants I believe.  Like yourself, I would be very surprised if Licht makes a CB move.  In his mind even if we luck out and find a guy who can play, it will take him so long to get up to speed.  Not like the rest of the league is not looking for CB help also.

agree, I think you need to get it done with the guys you have in the building.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Have to disagree with this one, coach.  JPP is playing with on hand at the moment, I can t believe one handed JPP is that much better then 2 handed JTS 

Arians defending JPP is just coach speak. Everyone knows the truth, JPP will be taken a lessor role next year and paycut

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, indifference said:

Arians defending JPP is just coach speak. Everyone knows the truth, JPP will be taken a lessor role next year and paycut

Arians is stubborn. And loyal.

I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a while before JTS gets more reps. If at all.

• Like 2