Bucs (4-1) @ Eagles (2-3)- Thurs. Night Football

ravishingone

Short week on the road.  Philly has a special place in Bucs history.  In the present, we'll see how the Bucs fare against a very mobile QB.

Key to the whole game for ne is to keep Hurts in the pocket and let's see if he can be accurate the entire game.

On offense, the standard is to put over 30 on the scoreboard.  Nothing less is acceptable.  Good to see the running game continue to get better.

Discuss

I want to see the Bucs put up a good offensive game on the road. The coverage is what it is it seems until Davis, SMB and Winfield return. They just won't be very good in coverage until they get healthy.

The Eagles run more which helps the Bucs.

Hopefully Gronk returns for the Bucs, key to efficient red zone play.

I think they win this one running away because the Eagles are a more run heavy team. 

31-17

9 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I want to see the Bucs put up a good offensive game on the road. The coverage is what it is it seems until Davis, SMB and Winfield return. They just won't be very good in coverage until they get healthy.

The Eagles run more which helps the Bucs.

Hopefully Gronk returns for the Bucs, key to efficient red zone play.

I think they win this one running away because the Eagles are a more run heavy team. 

31-17

Gronk is so important.  His value is immeasurable.  Forget about going max protect with him out of the game.  OJ whiffed.  Brate at least got in the way on the 9 route to Evans.  

These conference games are crucial to playoff seedings.  Slay is a very good CB.  Like most teams their CB3 match up is going to be a critical problem.  

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Gronk is so important.  His value is immeasurable.  Forget about going max protect with him out of the game.  OJ whiffed.  Brate at least got in the way on the 9 route to Evans.  

These conference games are crucial to playoff seedings.  Slay is a very good CB.  Like most teams their CB3 match up is going to be a critical problem.  

Bucs have to keep winning and they know it. The NFC standings will be tight, so every game is really important.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

yeah, of the weapons Gronk might the most important player. He just grabs those throws in close, tight games that others can't because they don't have this massive body.

16 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

Man I dont know about this game, Doubt Lavonte will be healthy, Davis and SMB will both still be out. But if we play Devin as a QB spy for most of the game and contain Hurts we should win.

Bucs 38-21

I would move Whitehead to LB and spy Hurts

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

Why we putting a player with 6 working fingers out in coverage.

But honestly have him rest next week and maybe the week after Tyron is great and rather have JPP fully healthy for the big matchups.

I m not going to try justify the defense called.  My assumption was that JPP's responsibilty was in the flat and when Gaskins went out and up someone in the secondary had responsibility.

For me the JPP to play or not play is an aspect of the game not really talked about.  When does a coaching staff over rule a player and sit them down?  If your JPP, I played thru a knee injury all year and was vital in winning a SB.  I missed 2 games because of hand and shoulder, no way I'm missing more time. How do we put a value with his leadership to  his teammates on game day?  Basically, it's not an easy decision either way.  

Finally for some reason Bowles likes to get cute in his zone blitz packages.  He s aggressive and BA wants the team to be that way on both sides of the ball.  At certain moments, it gets very annoying.  However, over the long haul their philosophy has been proven correct.

8 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I m not going to try justify the defense called.  My assumption was that JPP's responsibilty was in the flat and when Gaskins went out and up someone in the secondary had responsibility.

For me the JPP to play or not play is an aspect of the game not really talked about.  When does a coaching staff over rule a player and sit them down?  If your JPP, I played thru a knee injury all year and was vital in winning a SB.  I missed 2 games because of hand and shoulder, no way I'm missing more time. How do we put a value with his leadership to  his teammates on game day?  Basically, it's not an easy decision either way.  

Finally for some reason Bowles likes to get cute in his zone blitz packages.  He s aggressive and BA wants the team to be that way on both sides of the ball.  At certain moments, it gets very annoying.  However, over the long haul their philosophy has been proven correct.

they just get burned with that tactic down 3 DBs. But Bowles will probably be stubborn. On the flip side, he'll probably look good again when their defense is healthy again. It is what it is.

• Like 1