Bucs (4-1) @ Eagles (2-3)- Thurs. Night Football

ravishingone

After watching BAL and Indy's garbage pass defense last night, I'm not going to be as critical of Bowles.  Eberflus and Martindale have gotten more HC interviews then Bowles during the last 2 seasons.  The bar for average pass D in today's NFL is a lot lower then 10 yrs ago.

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Brilliant 

Pure genius 

Hence Bowles won't do it lol

I could see it with David out and Winfield returning. Minter would get torched in coverage. 

Hurts running around and making plays will be the threat they need to concern themselves with and Whitehead is perfect for that.

23 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

After watching BAL and Indy's garbage pass defense last night, I'm not going to be as critical of Bowles.  Eberflus and Martindale have gotten more HC interviews then Bowles during the last 2 seasons.  The bar for average pass D in today's NFL is a lot lower then 10 yrs ago.

The pass rush to me is the most disappointing thing that I'm not sure you can bash Bowles for. The injuries in the secondary are out of his hand but the TB DL just needs to win their matchups upfront and so far they haven't.

4 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Both teams decimated by injuries at the DB position. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, indifference said:

Both teams decimated by injuries at the DB position. 

Yup just as the Bucs secondary.  The defense that can make timely stops in the second half is pretty much all that can be expected today.  Holding teams below 17 pts for an entire season is pretty much gone, IMO 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Yup just as the Bucs secondary.  The defense that can make timely stops in the second half is pretty much all that can be expected today.  Holding teams below 17 pts for an entire season is pretty much gone, IMO 

you can't have a good defense without a good coverage unit. Bucs just need to get by until they have a healthy defense again.