Trey Lance suffers knee sprain

biggie.

2 hours ago, biggie. said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32383442/san-francisco-49ers-qb-trey-lance-suffered-sprained-knee-first-nfl-start

I find it funny that SF traded up for Lance primarily because Jimmy is made out of cookies, then he gets hurt in his first start.

xD

I was going to come in here and say that Jimmy G. is taking his role as "mentor" a little too seriously.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Forge said:

He was deemed not talented enough without a big enough ceiling to trade 3 first round picks for. 

A decision you agreed with

That was a joke Forge. Don't get salty :)

But regardless of where he was drafted, his fitness makeup was irrelevant. From day 1 I didn't get how that mattered or why it warranted jokes (which started before the trade, and not just from 49ers fans). He's hefty. So what. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

That was a joke Forge. Don't get salty :)

But regardless of where he was drafted, his fitness makeup was irrelevant. From day 1 I didn't get how that mattered or why it warranted jokes (which started before the trade, and not just from 49ers fans). He's hefty. So what. 

What do I have to be salty over? Your post, on its own with no context (and certainly no indication of being a joke) just appears to cast derision on those who didn't want Mac Jones, which I felt was disingenuous (at best), given your own opinion on the matter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

What do I have to be salty over? Your post, on its own with no context (and certainly no indication of being a joke) just appears to cast derision on those who didn't want Mac Jones, which I felt was disingenuous (at best), given your own opinion on the matter. 

Oh okay. Guess I didn't grasp the tone of your response since it seemed take a shot at me regarding an idea that wasn't necessarily mutually exclusive from my perspective.

You're right, I didn't think taking Jones with the capital given up was worth it. He has a limited ceiling. To clarify, my comment which was in jest (sorry that wasn't clear enough) was towards those were making fun of his not so desirable physical makeup. Those criticisms did start before the trade though, not from 49ers fans alone, but everyone. If you thought it was more along the lines of a slick mean-spirted remark, that honestly wasn't my intention. I just didn't get the heehaw towards the player's physical makeup. Regardless of how or where he was drafted, that is what I was pushing back towards. All in good fun though I would hope? 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Oh okay. Guess I didn't grasp the tone of your response since it seemed take a shot at me regarding an idea that wasn't necessarily mutually exclusive from my perspective.

You're right, I didn't think taking Jones with the capital given up was worth it. He has a limited ceiling. To clarify, my comment which was in jest (sorry that wasn't clear enough) was towards those were making fun of his not so desirable physical makeup. Those criticisms did start before the trade though, not from 49ers fans alone, but everyone. If you thought it was more along the lines of a slick mean-spirted remark, that honestly wasn't my intention. 

All good, obviously I just missed the joke lol

• Like 1