2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

7 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

i've seen some people bring up the idea of signing ayton in the offseason.i wouldn't give him a full max but i'd do somewhere between $25-28 million probably. i think he'd be a great roll guy with cade and would still fit paolo or jabari

depending how the rest of the year goes for killian i'd also be down move on and draft ivey if we end up picking outside the top 2 

I don't love Ayton but he would be a solid young guy to add.  I do like Stewart down low as a bull dog.  He too is probably best suited as a 6th man type but with the right shooters around him he is pretty decent still.  I feel like our money could be used better elsewhere but I wouldn't hate it.  

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They have Lavine's bird rights so they can offer him a 5 year max and go into the luxury tax to extend him. For him to be signed and traded it would have to be a team he wants to go too because he's an unrestricted free agent. I can't imagine that Lavine, in his prime, would want to leave an emerging team that's currently 3rd in the East to play for a rebuilding team in a small market that has the worst record in the league.

And I expect the Bulls are going to finish in the 4-6th in the East and Derozan and Vuc are getting older.  Playing for a team with a stud like Cade who I think most would rather play with him in the future opposed to anyone on the Bulls aside from Lavine, and another top pick like Paolo?  You don't think going to a real up and coming team that can extend your prime years is exciting to play with.  Of course we suck right now but have the ability to have a good roster with lotto luck and cap space.  

6 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

The max is 29 and they didnt want to give him that.  Not sure they would match for a mil or two less.  Or we could just give him the max because sometimes you have to overpay.  

They didn't want to give him a full 5 year max. Outside of an injury, they'll match any offer another team makes him.

9 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't love Ayton but he would be a solid young guy to add.  I do like Stewart down low as a bull dog.  He too is probably best suited as a 6th man type but with the right shooters around him he is pretty decent still.  I feel like our money could be used better elsewhere but I wouldn't hate it.  

i like stewart but the more we watch him try to match up with legit 7 footers it's pretty obvious his future is as an energy bench big who comes in when the other team's center comes out or they go small. he's just not big enough or springy enough to protect the rim or grab contested rebounds consistently. recently there was a cade + stew + bench lineup playing and they basically ran cade/stew pick and rolls every possession and cade was great at creating little pockets of space but having a real lob threat would do wonders for him (this isn't really news)

my get rich slowly plan is to draft paolo or jabari, then somehow get the #1 pick again in 2023 for wenbanyama and then fill out the rest of the roster with shooters, defense, and athletes. but that either requires insane lottery luck or decent lottery luck and another really ****ty year and i don't want cade to win 35 games in his first two seasons and decide he's sick of detroit