Week 7: (2-4) WFT at (5-1) GB - 1 PM on FOX (GIF theme: Bill Murray/Caddyshack)

MikeT14

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Zero intercepts as a college and Pro player . Z E R O . wouldn't you think he get a cupcake somewhere, a tipped lollipop ? 

That doesn’t make him a bad DB, it just makes it the reason he’s playing DB and not WR. 😉

As I said when he was drafted or in the months after, I’d rather take a corner who’s solid to good at everything and has great length in round 3 like him rather than 9th overall like we did with Carlos Rogers in 2005 who was a very comparable player to Juice IMO while we passed on Aaron Rodgers who is still playing at an incredibly high level 17 years later meanwhile we still don’t have a franchise QB. Gibbs really screwed the pooch on that draft.

Edited by turtle28

12 hours ago, mar29020 said:

Chase Young at 1.5 sacks for the year.....awful

I am so tired of hearing people rip on Chase. I understand his sack numbers are nowhere near where we think they should be, but I constantly watch him get chipped by the tight end, blocked by the tackle, then given help from the running back, not to mention the phantom roughing the passer calls. Things should be opened up for everyone else on the line to feast right? You don't think teams game plan to stop Chase and try to make the rest of the line beat them? Plus the secondary is so horrible the quarterback gets the ball out of his hand in under 2 seconds which gives very little time for anyone to even get a chance at a sack. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

I am so tired of hearing people rip on Chase. I understand his sack numbers are nowhere near where we think they should be, but I constantly watch him get chipped by the tight end, blocked by the tackle, then given help from the running back, not to mention the phantom roughing the passer calls. Things should be opened up for everyone else on the line to feast right? You don't think teams game plan to stop Chase and try to make the rest of the line beat them? Plus the secondary is so horrible the quarterback gets the ball out of his hand in under 2 seconds which gives very little time for anyone to even get a chance at a sack. 

violin GIF

54 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Can’t forget Chase has 2 sacks taken away for bogus roughing the passer calls.

If Chase had 4.5 sacks right now, would you  still fell he may be a bust?

Maybe not a bust but remember his bar was set so high with that "Generational" talk . 

AND IMHO there's never a player that's not a QB worthy of the second overall pick.If there's no Q B available I'm doing my best to trade it for a boatload . Just saying .

Maybe not a bust but remember his bar was set so high with that "Generational" talk . 

AND IMHO there's never a player that's not a QB worthy of the second overall pick.If there's no Q B available I'm doing my best to trade it for a boatload . Just saying .

So would you rather have Tua than Chase Young right now? Because that's who would've been drafted in that spot if we didn't take Chase. 

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That doesn’t make him a bad DB, it just makes it the reason he’s playing DB and not WR. 😉

As I said when he was drafted or in the months after, I’d rather take a corner who’s solid to good at everything and has great length in round 3 like him rather than 9th overall like we did with Carlos Rogers in 2005 who was a very comparable player to Juice IMO while we passed on Aaron Rodgers who is still playing at an incredibly high level 17 years later meanwhile we still don’t have a franchise QB. Gibbs really screwed the pooch on that draft.

Carlos Rogers at one point was considered a top man coverage corner in the NFL during his career with us.  Just couldn’t catch a cold because we couldn’t give him a simple eye exam. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Carlos Rogers at one point was considered a top man coverage corner in the NFL during his career with us.  Just couldn’t catch a cold because we couldn’t give him a simple eye exam. 

Yep, I remember. I liked him a lot while others who also still post in here couldn’t stand that he couldn’t catch. I was not happy we re-signed DHall over Rogers for example, and I was really so miffed that our team doctors/training staff didn’t figure out that he needed glasses.

They should’ve been canned after that! 

Just now, turtle28 said:

Yep, I remember. I liked him a lot while others who also still post in here couldn’t stand that he couldn’t catch. I was not happy we re-signed DHall over Rogers for example, and I was really so miffed that our team doctors/training staff didn’t figure out that he needed glasses.

They should’ve been canned after that! 

If it was Inova Health at that time, Trent Williams does indeed have a case for negligence.  

• Like 1

Justin Herbert. had the arm, had the size . 

Dwayne Haskins had the arm and had the size too. No one knew Justin Herbert was going to be what he turned into that fast. If you can find me something that shows you were all in on drafting Justin Herbert over Chase Young, then I'll tip my cap to you and you should be hired as a college scout for the WFT. Rivera would've been crucified and ran out of town before he even coached a game if he drafted Herbert over Chase Young. 

31 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

Dwayne Haskins had the arm and had the size too. No one knew Justin Herbert was going to be what he turned into that fast. If you can find me something that shows you were all in on drafting Justin Herbert over Chase Young, then I'll tip my cap to you and you should be hired as a college scout for the WFT. Rivera would've been crucified and ran out of town before he even coached a game if he drafted Herbert over Chase Young. 

Fine , my theorem says draft a QB, OR trade the pick . So I'd have that option . I'm not saying it's right . Just what I'd do.