(Poll) When Hue is Fired Will You Agree?

Mind Character

When Hue is Fired Will You Agree  

38 members have voted

1. 1. When Hue is Fired Will You Agree?

• Yes - Fire Him. Blow it up again.
    • No - Don't Fire Him. Keep continuity. The Primary issue is Talent
    • I'm Torn, but Leaning Toward Agreeing with his Firing
    • I'm Torn, but Leaning Toward DISagreeing with his Firing

1 hour ago, Iamcanadian said:

I'm not saying it will fix anything, but a new HC and FO with a QB drafted #1 overall and the fan base will probably give it a chance and continue to buy tickets. Actually, the #1 job of a GM is to keep the stadium sold out, otherwise, the owner will loose millions of dollars, something few owners will put up with.

Somebody will be the scapegoat for our incompetent owner, he is not going to blame himself, unfortunately. I agree in a way, firing FO's every year or 2 is absolutely ridiculous, but the only difference between us, is I am just not seeing a FO that drafts well or follows the tried and true path for a rebuild and Haslam hired these incompetents and he is a miserable judge of FO talent, so, I see absolutely no reason, to put my faith in a FO that Haslam hired.

To be brutally honest, I am not sure Haslam can ever produce a consistent winning franchise in Cleveland, he is that incompetent and winning franchises always begin with a solid owner and Haslam sure isn't that guy.

Put a winner on the field and the seats will fill, that's the only concern the GM needs. We'll see in the next season or two if their their plan was successful.

As far as whether or not they can evaluate talent, how do we know?  Are you telling me you're already certain as to what the last two draft classes will produce 8 and 24 games into their career?  Surely that can't be the case.

6 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

I'm not saying it will fix anything, but a new HC and FO with a QB drafted #1 overall and the fan base will probably give it a chance and continue to buy tickets. Actually, the #1 job of a GM is to keep the stadium sold out, otherwise, the owner will loose millions of dollars, something few owners will put up with.

Somebody will be the scapegoat for our incompetent owner, he is not going to blame himself, unfortunately. I agree in a way, firing FO's every year or 2 is absolutely ridiculous, but the only difference between us, is I am just not seeing a FO that drafts well or follows the tried and true path for a rebuild and Haslam hired these incompetents and he is a miserable judge of FO talent, so, I see absolutely no reason, to put my faith in a FO that Haslam hired.

To be brutally honest, I am not sure Haslam can ever produce a consistent winning franchise in Cleveland, he is that incompetent and winning franchises always begin with a solid owner and Haslam sure isn't that guy.

I agree 100% with you that Haslam couldn't pick a winner if he was standing in Seabiscuit's stable. By that logic, though, why then should we dump the current regime just to have a scapegoat to appease the fans? Haslam has done that every 1.5 years and it sure hasn't worked, and the message when this F.O. team was hired is that it's going to be a long term rebuild plan, yet everyone has torches and pitchforks at the door after...you guessed it...1.5 years. Chances are the next team he brings in could fall on it's face. The only thing we haven't tried is giving a team proper time for a rebuild. As skeptical as I am  about the way the current front office is structured, we need to give them at least another year to see if their plan begins to turn things around. If there are less than robust ticket sales at the beginning of next year, too bad: they deserve it. But if next year we are even sniffing a .500 record, the fans are going to get excited and start showing up again.

8 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

I agree 100% with you that Haslam couldn't pick a winner if he was standing in Seabiscuit's stable. By that logic, though, why then should we dump the current regime just to have a scapegoat to appease the fans? Haslam has done that every 1.5 years and it sure hasn't worked, and the message when this F.O. team was hired is that it's going to be a long term rebuild plan, yet everyone has torches and pitchforks at the door after...you guessed it...1.5 years. Chances are the next team he brings in could fall on it's face. The only thing we haven't tried is giving a team proper time for a rebuild. As skeptical as I am  about the way the current front office is structured, we need to give them at least another year to see if their plan begins to turn things around. If there are less than robust ticket sales at the beginning of next year, too bad: they deserve it. But if next year we are even sniffing a .500 record, the fans are going to get excited and start showing up again.

I feel like if the single biggest Sashi Brown hater ^^^^^ on the site can see the logic in not firing another front office, why can't everyone?

Good post.

If Hasslem blows this thing up after this season.....I will become a dormant Cleveland Browns fan....I will put all my ish in storage and remove all logo's from my vehicle...and I will torch my Lanyards and get a Company one. 

GOOD for Sashi if he told the Owner and HC that we are NOT trading a 2nd AND 3rd round pick for a QB, who will NOT reverse our fortunes this season AND 2. we can have in another 8 games for the cost of a contract (Unless Cincy tenders him with a 1rst round RFA)...and Cincy is a team that is always up against the cap...and contracts for Geno Atkins, Dre Kirpatrick and AJ Green are due up in the next year or so.....

Archived