WEEK 8: 3-4 Denver Broncos vs 2-5 Washington Football Team - Sunday 2.25pm MDT /// 4.25pm EDT

Dbrog24

11 hours ago, broncos67 said:

The tweets were Klis and Renck talking about attendance + Halloween being a factor for no-shows, Klis initally being a good little mouthpiece and saying that actually 11k no-shows aren't bad because of Halloween, etc..

It's clear to me that the number of fans that were present, for a Manning ROF ceremony of all things, is a major concern. Heads will roll soon and then Paton can make the team in his image.

Let me stop you right there.

Absolutely no one buys a ticket to a Broncos game and then thinks “Actually I’m not gonna go because it’s Halloween”

If anything the attendance was artificially high because of the Manning ROF ceremony. Assuming we take the expected beat down in Dallas on Sunday then I expect 20,000+ no-shows for the game against the Eagles the next week. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Let me stop you right there.

Absolutely no one buys a ticket to a Broncos game and then thinks “Actually I’m not gonna go because it’s Halloween”

If anything the attendance was artificially high because of the Manning ROF ceremony. Assuming we take the expected beat down in Dallas on Sunday then I expect 20,000+ no-shows for the game against the Eagles the next week. 

I completely agree with you.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Well @Dbrog24 you get the honor of starting Week 9's GDT.  No rush, just an unfamiliar feeling where someone gets to go for more than 1 week lol.

Wowza! I actually prefer this spot though as it's like a snake draft in Madden or Fantasy and I'm the double pick spot. Makes my big board easier :D

8 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Assuming we take the expected beat down in Dallas on Sunday then I expect 20,000+ no-shows for the game against the Eagles the next week. 

It that happens then it is an absolute indictment of the Ellis/Elway leadership of the Broncos - for a team that traditionally has had packed houses to have 1/4 of the stadium empty is telling.