WEEK 8: 3-4 Denver Broncos vs 2-5 Washington Football Team - Sunday 2.25pm MDT /// 4.25pm EDT

Dbrog24

2 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Incompetent playcalling, inexplicable unintelligence from players and misexecution all over the place.

What a shambles this team is. 

And, to boot, we lost another two starters in Callahan (plays 75% of snaps) and Bolles.

What happened to Bolles? I just heard he got hurt.

1 minute ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Rolled up on from behind on the TD run. Think it's an ankle. Wasn't a break I don't think, but he looked in serious pain.

Well, at least Anderson was a pretty solid backup last year. Actually I'd kinda like to see how he's progressed

6 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Incompetent playcalling, inexplicable unintelligence from players and misexecution all over the place.

What a shambles this team is. 

And, to boot, we lost another two starters in Callahan (plays 75% of snaps) and Bolles.

The good news is we won, got back to .500 and we will be listed on that “in the hunt” graphic the shows use when they are talking about the playoff picture. 

Good news today for our GM - his oft-stated season goal of “playing meaningful football in November and December” looks like it will come to fruition. 

It’s a good day to be a Broncos fan. 

• Like 1

I didn't watch this game today. From the sounds of it, it doesn't appear that I missed much. Both of these teams suck, we just sucked a tiny bit less. Shurmur still has zero feel for establishing any kind of offensive rhythm, our o-line still can't pass block, our team is still injury prone, and Fangio is still standing on the sideline with that stupid look on his face. Like a checkers player staring at a chess board for the first time. 

But as my friend AAA so eloquently put it, at least we're back on track to being a completely mediocre team again. With a little bit of luck, we might even barely miss the playoffs this year. Here's to 9-8 gents 🍻 

Cynicism aside, it sounds like we may have found ourselves a player in Kenny Young. And by found I mean traded for out of pure desperation. But for a dude who just got off the airplane a few days ago, it appears he did quite well. So there's that. 

Edited by 1234567

Some further reflections:

* Our IDL held up really well against the run for a change and even got some push in pass rush. The clear caveat is the injuries on the WFT OL. 

* Again, same caveat as above, but Malik Reed really showed up in the clutch. That one handed lean in bull rush shove is a trademark of Von; Chubb also stole it from Von which is great to see

* PS2 is one of the most complete rookies I've ever seen. That outroute he basically ran for Mclaurin was incredible mental processing for a rookie

* I too was impressed with Young at ILB considering his time in the Defense. I actually thought Browning grew into the game too. They should, in theory, only get better

* The Jeudy out route ..... He simply didn't get enough targets

Ugly win. This isn't a good team in any way shape or form. That final drive was disastrous, pathetic execution. Unsurprising, but it is what it is.

A few positives:

• Surtain is the real deal. Just an absolute stud.
  • LBs were pretty good considering the overall experience level.
  • Thought Gordon looked good, unclear why he didn't get more touches when he was making things happen, but that's typical Shurmur.
  • Jeudy looked good, of course didn't get enough targets.
  • Simmons played like a guy deserving of that big contract.
  • ST was excellent. Any time you block two FGs it's a good day.

Still not a good team. The amount of no-shows is clearly something bothering the Broncos brass given the amount of tweets about that particular topic today. Perhaps they can look no further than a terrible performance vs. one of the leagues worst defenses. No one wants to continually watch this ugly football.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, broncos67 said:

Ugly win. This isn't a good team in any way shape or form. That final drive was disastrous, pathetic execution. Unsurprising, but it is what it is.

A few positives:

• Surtain is the real deal. Just an absolute stud.
  • LBs were pretty good considering the overall experience level.
  • Thought Gordon looked good, unclear why he didn't get more touches when he was making things happen, but that's typical Shurmur.
  • Jeudy looked good, of course didn't get enough targets.
  • Simmons played like a guy deserving of that big contract.
  • ST was excellent. Any time you block two FGs it's a good day.

Still not a good team. The amount of no-shows is clearly something bothering the Broncos brass given the amount of tweets about that particular topic today. Perhaps they can look no further than a terrible performance vs. one of the leagues worst defenses. No one wants to continually watch this ugly football.

Yesterday morning I heard on the radio that tickets were going for as low at $25. You can't get tickets to the minor league hockey team here in Loveland for that cheap. And it's only going to get worse with Von gone. 

I've been saying it for a long time, this team cannot get sold soon enough. I'd love to see the Tweets you're talking about, I'm not much of a Twitter guy other than sharing videos and updates on the local high school games I cover and I only do that to help the kids get recognized by college scouts. 

9 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Yesterday morning I heard on the radio that tickets were going for as low at $25. You can't get tickets to the minor league hockey team here in Loveland for that cheap. And it's only going to get worse with Von gone. 

I've been saying it for a long time, this team cannot get sold soon enough. I'd love to see the Tweets you're talking about, I'm not much of a Twitter guy other than sharing videos and updates on the local high school games I cover and I only do that to help the kids get recognized by college scouts. 

Hopefully now I can start making some real headway on the season tickets waitlist just in time for our 2035 Superbowl run! 

I was away so missed the game live, other than seeing on a sports bar TV screen every now and then, but only 5 major thoughts:

1.   We're so bad offensively.     I'm glad none of our core O guys got hurt.   That's really all I want at this stage.   MG3 is very lucky WFT didn't come back, what a boneheaded move.

2.   Our OL got absolutely wrecked in pass pro.   Part of that is how good WFT's front 4 are, but man, it was tough to watch.

3.   Our pass rush showed up.   That's good to see.

4.   We won because of the key 4th and 1 and 2 blocked FG's - otherwise, WFT is driving down 1 or even leading late.    Still, you give credit to the guys for fighting hard. 

5.  Besides MG3, the other guy who's very fortunate are Fangio & Shurmur for their late game management.   That 3-down last series would have been a fitting epitath to their reign here if WFT had managed to tie it up after MG3's fumble.

The most important thing - no core guy (except Bolles) got hurt, and it did NOT change GM Paton's outlook that we should be sellers.   I was really worried we'd see a repeat of Elway GM era, where he only called it quits once we were truly eliminated.   Glad to see Paton sees the team for what we are - try-hard, but no-O-threat middle-of-the-road team.    You can explain the D struggles with the injuries decimating us especially up front 7, but the stark reality is until we get our QB situation fixed (along with more progress from the OL) - we're not there yet.  So it's good to see Paton go to 2022+ mode.  It's so very obvious to every fan who watches, so good to see he didn't have the blinders on like Elway/Ellis did in 2017-20.

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

The tweets were Klis and Renck talking about attendance + Halloween being a factor for no-shows, Klis initally being a good little mouthpiece and saying that actually 11k no-shows aren't bad because of Halloween, etc..

It's clear to me that the number of fans that were present, for a Manning ROF ceremony of all things, is a major concern. Heads will roll soon and then Paton can make the team in his image.