Stan Kroenke reneging on financial obligations to other owners

beekay414

3 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Does he have a side of the story? I feel like I always need to ask when it comes to sports media because they seem to get very coordinated when they go after a target.

Stan is pissed because reports are one of the owners in the Carson project had an email that got to the city of St Louis detailing how they feel the NFL and Stan broke the rules giving the city the basis for this lawsuit. So he doesn't feel he should pay to defend people that gave them the ammunition for this. Can't say I blame him if that's the case.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

I feel like St. Louis would've gotten a lot more than $790 million if it went to court.

I certainly understand not wanting to wait for the outcome, but I can't help but think they left a LOT of money on the table here.

The highest numbers I saw in damages were in the $3B range, but most of the damages beyond $1B depended on the Rams having to pay the city for the valuation of the team increasing in LA. That seems like a pretty tough sell, even to a St. Louis jury.

tbh this makes sense for both sides. For the city or for Kroenke, going all or nothing and losing would be a disaster.

• Like 2