MNF: CHI @ PIT

Sad People

Who wins?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bears
    • Steelrs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/09/2021 at 01:30 AM

25 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Players can improve in many ways, but purely physical attributes do not improve as a player enters their late 20s. Santos is a more accurate kicker than he was years ago, there is literally zero chance he can kick further, though.

How many kickers in the NFL would you be okay with attempting a 65 yard FG to win the game?

5 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I'm misrepresenting anything. I'm quoting you verbatim. You said "dude doesn't much beyond 55 yards" and I asked you to name how many other kickers do. Now I agree, most kickers can hit from that range in PRACTICE but how many kickers can do it in real time under pressure?

Then you responded with "the vast majority of NFL Kickers have the leg to hit beyond 60 and maybe 65 . Well if this is true then where is this long list of kickers who can and where are you getting this information?

I just think using beyond 55 yards as an arbitrary cut-off limits the field quite a bit.

Look, I don't agree with the decision. I hated it!  I would feel uneasy about putting ANY kicker in those situations (even Tucker).

You continue to make statements that change the substance of my point and then move the goal-posts when called on it, just like you did here. There are 20ish Kickers in the NFL who can hit from 60+. Santos isn't one of them. In fact, he might have the weakest leg of any Kicker in the NFL (Rodrigo Blankenship might be the only guy who has less range). There are five to ten Kickers who have the leg to make it worth considering that 65 yard Kick. Not only is Santos not one of them, but it is so far out of his range that it makes Nagy look foolish to have actually tried it in that situation.

That official should be suspended and made an example of. That was a perfect example of how refs influence the game through their indignance and straight up arrogance. They are part time employees running on power trips just because they have a shield on their back. You see the same thing with a mall cop. 

It is absolute trash that these people get to influence the livelihood of coaches and the best athletes in the world who literally dedicate their life to this game.

You guys dont think officials influence the game? You just saw it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

You continue to make statements that change the substance of my point and then move the goal-posts when called on it, just like you did here. There are 20ish Kickers in the NFL who can hit from 60+. Santos isn't one of them. In fact, he might have the weakest leg of any Kicker in the NFL (Rodrigo Blankenship might be the only guy who has less range). There are five to ten Kickers who have the leg to make it worth considering that 65 yard Kick. Not only is Santos not one of them, but it is so far out of his range that it makes Nagy look foolish to have actually tried it in that situation.

JAF is just a Nagy fanboy.

dont mind him

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm not changing anything. I'm sticking to the subject, You keep make statements that you can't backup.

Name these kickers and where you are getting this info from? I keep asking but you keep dodging the question.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

How many kickers in the NFL would you be okay with attempting a 65 yard FG to win the game?

Tough to say. I don't even know the current starting kicker for most NFL teams. Don't play Madden like I used to, or have time to chart some of the stats I used to. But hail mary success rate is a little under 10%, over the past 10 years or so. So you need a kicker with a higher success rate than that, which I would say is probably most of them. I would trust Butker, for sure. Tucker obviously. Kickers like Prater, Zeurlein, and McManus, known for strong legs. Jake Elliott could make it. Tyler Bass. It wouldn't surprise me if somewhere between 1/2 to 2/3 of the league would have higher odds with a field goal than with a hail mary. The Bears are not one of those teams though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Tough to say. I don't even know the current starting kicker for most NFL teams. Don't play Madden like I used to, or have time to chart some of the stats I used to. But hail mary success rate is a little under 10%, over the past 10 years or so. So you need a kicker with a higher success rate than that, which I would say is probably most of them. I would trust Butker, for sure. Tucker obviously. Kickers like Prater, Zeurlein, and McManus, known for strong legs. Jake Elliott could make it. Tyler Bass. It wouldn't surprise me if somewhere between 1/2 to 2/3 of the league would have higher odds with a field goal than with a hail mary. The Bears are not one of those teams though.

is hail mary really one in 10?

feels like once you get to the 45-50, throwing 4 hail marys is a decent investment