Random Thoughts

dll2000

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I don't see anyone ignoring Pace's failures on offense. He deserves credit and blame whenever they're due. He's built a fantastic defense and a garbage offense.  

He's a normal Chicago GM so far.  

Why would we keep around Jerry Angelo 2.0?

38 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

When Pace is fired and we can get serious about building an offense.

Well then it's your choice I guess.  If you're waiting for that your arms are gonna get tired from beating that horse and the "Pace Sucks" keys on your keyboard may need replacing.  He's made a few poor offensive picks and others whom the jury is still out on.  I would like to have believed this season would answer some of those questions but as screwed up as COVID has everything before all is said and done this may look like a strike impacted season where nothing works as anticipated.

45 minutes ago, soulman said:

Well then it's your choice I guess.  If you're waiting for that your arms are gonna get tired from beating that horse and the "Pace Sucks" keys on your keyboard may need replacing.  He's made a few poor offensive picks and others whom the jury is still out on.  I would like to have believed this season would answer some of those questions but as screwed up as COVID has everything before all is said and done this may look like a strike impacted season where nothing works as anticipated.

The arms are less tired than yours from propping up a mediocre GM.

I get it you are a Bears fan, which means you are addicted to 8-8.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Why would we keep around Jerry Angelo 2.0?

I've said a number of times here, if he and Nagy don't field a competent offense this year then they both need fired. One pretty good year that the PPG were inflated due to like 5 defensive touchdowns cant outweigh the ridiculous offense that was fielded this year. This should be the hot seat year for them both. 

If there is no season then I'm not sure you want to move on. One because there are fluke positive years and fluke negative years, they both should get an opportunity to show 2019 was a fluke. This isn't CIN going year after year with Lewis or anything, this is a 3rd hear HC. Second is the prospect pool. Yes there are guys on a short list but you missed out on the primary prospects for 2020, I'd like this season for the evaluation of the next GM/HC combo rather than reviewing with a gap. 

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Well, there's this, so that's good

Maybe they should've added a roof in the offseason and set the temperature to exactly 66 degrees 😅

Sean Payton - "I have two demands. Get me Trubisky in the offseason, and then set the domes temp to 66 degrees."

GM - "But Hill is the guy you said was the futur-"

Payton - "Hill is the away game QB! Get me Trubisky for the home games!"

Edited by Sugashane
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

The arms are less tired than yours from propping up a mediocre GM.

I get it you are a Bears fan, which means you are addicted to 8-8.

I'm not propping him up.  I believe I'm being realistic while you are always negative about Pace and his work.  And anyone whose known me for long knows I'm not addicted to 8-8 and can be very critical when called for.  If I'd have posted here during the Fox era you'd have heard plenty of bitching outta me.  Things have improved since then.

You're also avoiding my question.  Give us the names of some other GMs or personnel guys from other teams whom you feel may be both available and better.  We gotta have a GM right?  So.....given the chance who would you hire to replace Pace.

It's easy to complain but complaining alone never solves a problem.  It takes action steps to do that.  If the front office is truly broken how would you fix it and with who?

Pretend for an hour or two you're George McCaskey........GO.

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I've said a number of times here, if he and Nagy don't field a competent offense this year then they both need fired. One pretty good year that the PPG were inflated due to like 5 defensive touchdowns cant outweigh the ridiculous offense that was fielded this year. This should be the hot seat year for them both. 

If there is no season then I'm not sure you want to move on. One because there are fluke positive years and fluke negative years, they both should get an opportunity to show 2019 was a fluke. This isn't CIN going year after year with Lewis or anything, this is a 3rd hear HC. Second is the prospect pool. Yes there are guys on a short list but you missed out on the primary prospects for 2020, I'd like this season for the evaluation of the next GM/HC combo rather than reviewing with a gap. 

This could turn out to be a very odd season from which to evaluate anyone least of all the coaching staff and GM.

I believe we all expect a winning record provided the season plays out in at least a somewhat predictable manner but that's anything but assured right now.  Players still have a decision to make whether or not to opt-out and there is always a chance rosters could change dramatically throughout the season should players test positive and require a lengthy quarantine.  So any predictability based on what we know now may be a 50/50 deal at best.

Given the work that still needs to be done at QB and with continuing to rebuild and strengthen the OL I really don't see either Pace or Nagy not returning in 2021.  Even if manage to only go 8-8 again we'd still have a 28-20 (.583) record over 3 years.  Contrast that to what we suffered under 3 years with Fox; 14-34 (.292).  We surprised some teams in 2018 but I think we all know the entire foundation for consistent winning hadn't been built yet.

No matter what the outcome of this season I think we can all admit we have a far better looking roster now than when Nagy first arrived.

Edited by soulman

2 hours ago, soulman said:

I'm not propping him up.  I believe I'm being realistic while you are always negative about Pace and his work.  And anyone whose known me for long knows I'm not addicted to 8-8 and can be very critical when called for.  If I'd have posted here during the Fox era you'd have heard plenty of bitching outta me.  Things have improved since then.

You're also avoiding my question.  Give us the names of some other GMs or personnel guys from other teams whom you feel may be both available and better.  We gotta have a GM right?  So.....given the chance who would you hire to replace Pace.

It's easy to complain but complaining alone never solves a problem.  It takes action steps to do that.  If the front office is truly broken how would you fix it and with who?

Pretend for an hour or two you're George McCaskey........GO.

Trent Kirchner, Seattle

Will McClay, Dallas

Jeff Dodd, Indianapolis

George Patton, Minnesota

Mike Borgonzi, KC, if you want the Nagy connection 

I have never avoided that question and the list remains largely the same.

2 hours ago, soulman said:

This could turn out to be a very odd season from which to evaluate anyone least of all the coaching staff and GM.

I believe we all expect a winning record provided the season plays out in at least a somewhat predictable manner but that's anything but assured right now.  Players still have a decision to make whether or not to opt-out and there is always a chance rosters could change dramatically throughout the season should players test positive and require a lengthy quarantine.  So any predictability based on what we know now may be a 50/50 deal at best.

Given the work that still needs to be done at QB and with continuing to rebuild and strengthen the OL I really don't see either Pace or Nagy not returning in 2021.  Even if manage to only go 8-8 again we'd still have a 28-20 (.583) record over 3 years.  Contrast that to what we suffered under 3 years with Fox; 14-34 (.292).  We surprised some teams in 2018 but I think we all know the entire foundation for consistent winning hadn't been built yet.

No matter what the outcome of this season I think we can all admit we have a far better looking roster now than when Nagy first arrived.

We can not compare it to what we were under Fox.

Comparing where you are at to the pathetic history of the Bears is useless, it doesn’t get you close to a Super Bowl.

”We are better than bad” is not going to hoist a trophy.

The offense needs serious work, I see no reason that Ryan Pace needs to be here for that. He has been an abject failure at QB evaluations and bad in offensive evaluations.

5 hours ago, soulman said:

Anything less than a .500 would be a major concern. That would likely mean total incompetence offensively, so I'd pull the plug on them. QB and OL are a mess that Nagy and Pace created. Pace had the final say in the picks and hires but Nagy should have seen the OL failing and forced a correction (be it replacing Long, shuffling players back to their 2018 positions, etc). He cant coach around that completely of  course but that doesnt mean he can pretend it isn't an issue and push it solely off on the position coach. 

My concern is that Pace gets to flop another QB pick, then after firing him in after the 2021 season we have another time where the coach is hired in on the QB rather than helping pick his guy. 

The Nagy years are definitely better than the Fox ones, but the offense falling behind a Loggains-led group really has me concerned. 

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Trent Kirchner, Seattle

Will McClay, Dallas

Jeff Dodd, Indianapolis

George Patton, Minnesota

Mike Borgonzi, KC, if you want the Nagy connection 

I have never avoided that question and the list remains largely the same.

I wouldn't be opposed to Adam Peters either