Random Thoughts

dll2000

Opened Twitter this morning and immediately learned of the sudden passing of longtime score overnight radio host, Les Grobstein.  Damn, RIP.  I used to listen to Grobber all the time when I was on patrol working the overnight shift.  A quirky guy for sure, but he had a memory like none other.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Opened Twitter this morning and immediately learned of the sudden passing of longtime score overnight radio host, Les Grobstein.  Damn, RIP.  I used to listen to Grobber all the time when I was on patrol working the overnight shift.  A quirky guy for sure, but he had a memory like none other.

Holy ****! That is very sad to hear.  I use to listen to him on the way home back in the day when I was working later shifts.  I remembering marveling about his recall of just about all things sports related.  I listened to him recently and he was starting to slip a little in regards to remembering player's names and situations.  RIP Grobber!  A Chicago institution gone.

26 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I used to listen to Score a lot, but I honestly don't remember the name.   Maybe if I heard his voice.

I only listened to Jiggets and Buffone and Mike North regularly there.   They mixed and matched those 3 guys quite a bit.  

Mike North was always kind of goofy, but he has gotten really goofy since he went off the air.

I don't listen to radio at all anymore.   It's all podcasts.   I can't be only one.   Ratings have to be really low compared to old days when everyone listened to radio whenever they were in the car.  

Howard Stern used to make fun of internet radio.  And it was a joke early on.   Now Joe Rogan is biggest show in America.

20 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I used to listen to Score a lot, but I honestly don't remember the name.   Maybe if I heard his voice.

I only listened to Jiggets and Buffone and Mike North regularly there.   They mixed and matched those 3 guys quite a bit.  

Mike North was always kind of goofy, but he has gotten really goofy since he went off the air.

I don't listen to radio at all anymore.   It's all podcasts.   I can't be only one.   Ratings have to be really low compared to old days when everyone listened to radio whenever they were in the car.  

Howard Stern used to make fun of internet radio.  And it was a joke early on.   Now Joe Rogan is biggest show in America.

He had a real nasally voice and he would remember the most obscure facts from a game he was at 40+ years ago.  If youve ever listened to him, you’d probably never forget him.

• Like 1