Random Thoughts

dll2000

33 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Things can always get worse.   

When I lost my job in mid 2000s with market crash I told my wife lets start over in another state.  I can apply for jobs in South and we can move.   Its a good time, the state isn't moving in a good direction.  Property value will go up in South and is cheap now (which it did - a lot).  

She didn't want to do it - she wanted to stay close to her friends, mom and dad and her brother.  So I had to find another job in IL, which wasn't easy at the time.   

Well now mom and dad spend about 1/2 the year in AL, she never sees her brother anyway and her best friend moved to FL.      Now she wants to move.

I am 15 years older now and it isn't as easy to change jobs now as I am not a spring chicken, plus what I am doing now can only be done in IL really. 

Whatever.  At least I get to say I told you so.

I wish I had the option of moving south. Have an uncle near Coca Beach, one that lives in Fort Myers, and one in South Carolina. Would MUCH rather move to any of those locations than where I'm going back to. 🤮

20 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I wish I had the option of moving south. Have an uncle near Coca Beach, one that lives in Fort Myers, and one in South Carolina. Would MUCH rather move to any of those locations than where I'm going back to. 🤮

My brother moved to TN in nice Knoxville suburb.   He loves it there.

I don't want to give impression that I am complaining.   Things are good for me.  Great wife, two great kids.   

Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone and God bless.

Dan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

My brother moved to TN in nice Knoxville suburb.   He loves it there.

I don't want to give impression that I am complaining.   Things are good for me.  Great wife, two great kids.   

Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone and God bless.

Dan

Only was in TN for about a week, people there seemed nicer than most places. Lot of nice scenery too all around the state.

No, never meant you were complaining or anything. I am complaining. 😁

Oh well. It will be nice to not have any rent or mortgage to pay and I'll have about 3/4 of an acre of land, and it is super peaceful there. My dad just fancied himself the carpenter that he never was... so I'm going to have to do some work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

It's up there with people that comment on the weather every day or **** like "wow, that looks like it hurt!"

"It's freezing out!" says Chicago citizen of 40+ years in February. Wow who knew? I figured it would be 75 degrees today like it never was in the past

• Like 1

On 12/18/2021 at 10:06 AM, beardown3231 said:

"It's freezing out!" says Chicago citizen of 40+ years in February. Wow who knew? I figured it would be 75 degrees today like it never was in the past

i mean, its been in the 60s a ton here in Denver all month. barely any snow - the slopes have been disappointing this season 😭