Random Thoughts

dll2000

9 hours ago, soulman said:

Well a big ol' congrats from me.  Your reading comprehensions has improved immeasurably. 😜

LOLOL.....sorry Ty.  Couldn't resist. 

@Ty21It took me a minute to sort out characters to be honest.  

I was intrigued by the planned rude talking during the show.  But it really hooked me when it turned to beating a 14 year old girl with a brick.    

Then it ended with a mother and daughter reconciled.

Good stuff. 

15 hours ago, soulman said:

Gotta get ahead while I can.  You're usually too quick for me.  😆

He's heard that a lot. 

4 hours ago, Ty21 said:

giphy.gif

@Sugashane learned the getting older part never ends though 

I'm admittedly bitter about getting bested. I've resolved that the easiest and most practical response is to just hate everyone under the age of 21. 

Going to be a rough adjustment for my own kids but it has to be done. 

• Like 2

Most random thought I'd meant to share on here:

Last week I had just wrapped up a chat over messenger with DLL about Chicago and why I like it, talking a bit of politics, city vs rural life etc. Was thinking about that while getting ready to go surfing, when all of a sudden I notice this dude walking up to me, and meet his eye.  He looks like he knows me so I figure maybe someone from work?  Is he surfing? As he's walking up to me I notice he's wearing this huge oversized Bears jacket, so figure he's maybe going out on the water too and is wearing the jacket as a cover all to stay warm?  Or do I somehow know him from a bar from days past? I kind of give a little nod to the Bears logo on his jacket and start to say something about the Bears last game to cover up for the fact that I cannot recall this guy at all.  I figure he's going to say something about the water conditions, or the Bears, or just random BS that people usually do to me when I'm trying to get ready in a hurry.  Instead:

"My son, whom I will never see, and will only live for thirty three years, will bring love and light to the world until he is crucified"

Oh. 

"Oh yeah, hey that's great buddy, anyway I got a thing to-"

"Not just people. Animals too."

"That's really really good, anyway-"

"Birds.  Cats. Dogs."

"OK"

"The fish in the sea" (points at Montrose beach)

"OK. Guessing them squirrels too, eh?" (points at squirrel hoping guy will get distracted and talk to the squirrel"

"No. Not them"

"Oh." (really resisting urge to ask what's up the squirrels. Why not them? Maybe he has a garden?)

Long pause. I'm like halfway into a wetsuit and am trying to figure out how that would affect a possible physical attack, wondering how far away something heavy or pointy is,  and he's staring at my board like he gets it, so I ask:

"Have you been surfing today?"

"No, I've been flying, you're going to fly too" (He turned out to be very wrong about that, terrible day on the water and I broke a bunch of gear)

"Yeah, well about that, I better get ready to go" and wander off to the car to put away some gear"

Then, I swear I hear him say "Bears by 10" and I kind of say "huh?" against all instincts

"Your life will never end"

"Ah, OK, nevermmind, thought you said-" 

And he just wandered off through the park, avoiding the squirrels.  He turned out to be wrong about a lot of stuff, but for a while I really had my hopes up that the Bears were going to win by 10, or at least that I'd go flying. Turned out not to be so, but at least I don't have to worry about the squirrels now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Well brother they often claim Cali is a land of fruits and nuts and it would seem you met one of them.  Just glad you weren't attacked by a bunch of rabid squirrels.  😁

We have a pretty extensive garden at home, and the squirrels ruin most of it each fall.  Whatever the guy who thinks he's Jesus' dad was, he was right about the squirrels.  

Dude totally psyched me out that day.  Anyway,  just wanted to get really random with the random thoughts.

• Like 1

Just now, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Bears signed Bruce Irvin? Thats what im seeing on instagram.

If true, is Mack's injury worse then expected?

Only 10 years too late with this pick up haha...I wanted Irvin or Chandler Jones and we ended up with Shea McClellin hahaha...

Shut Mack down for the year...this is a nothing season...bring him back 100% healthy for the next HC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

We have a pretty extensive garden at home, and the squirrels ruin most of it each fall.  Whatever the guy who thinks he's Jesus' dad was, he was right about the squirrels.  

Dude totally psyched me out that day.  Anyway,  just wanted to get really random with the random thoughts.

Squirrels are a pain in the *** to everyone but other squirrels.  The love to torture dogs too.

As for Jesus old man I'm glad to hear that he's a Bears fan.  We can use all the help we can get.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Only 10 years too late with this pick up haha...I wanted Irvin or Chandler Jones and we ended up with Shea McClellin hahaha...

Shut Mack down for the year...this is a nothing season...bring him back 100% healthy for the next HC.

It's beginning to look that way isn't it?  Wonder what his foot injury involves?

54 minutes ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Bears signed Bruce Irvin? Thats what im seeing on instagram.

If true, is Mack's injury worse then expected?

https://sports.yahoo.com/bruce-irvin-signs-bears-000245265.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

With both Mack and Attaochu out all we have is Quinn, Gipson, and Marsh for edge guys so it makes sense I guess.  It also means that Mack may be headed for the IR for the first time.

11 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Most random thought I'd meant to share on here:

Last week I had just wrapped up a chat over messenger with DLL about Chicago and why I like it, talking a bit of politics, city vs rural life etc. Was thinking about that while getting ready to go surfing, when all of a sudden I notice this dude walking up to me, and meet his eye.  He looks like he knows me so I figure maybe someone from work?  Is he surfing? As he's walking up to me I notice he's wearing this huge oversized Bears jacket, so figure he's maybe going out on the water too and is wearing the jacket as a cover all to stay warm?  Or do I somehow know him from a bar from days past? I kind of give a little nod to the Bears logo on his jacket and start to say something about the Bears last game to cover up for the fact that I cannot recall this guy at all.  I figure he's going to say something about the water conditions, or the Bears, or just random BS that people usually do to me when I'm trying to get ready in a hurry.  Instead:

"My son, whom I will never see, and will only live for thirty three years, will bring love and light to the world until he is crucified"

Oh. 

"Oh yeah, hey that's great buddy, anyway I got a thing to-"

"Not just people. Animals too."

"That's really really good, anyway-"

"Birds.  Cats. Dogs."

"OK"

"The fish in the sea" (points at Montrose beach)

"OK. Guessing them squirrels too, eh?" (points at squirrel hoping guy will get distracted and talk to the squirrel"

"No. Not them"

"Oh." (really resisting urge to ask what's up the squirrels. Why not them? Maybe he has a garden?)

Long pause. I'm like halfway into a wetsuit and am trying to figure out how that would affect a possible physical attack, wondering how far away something heavy or pointy is,  and he's staring at my board like he gets it, so I ask:

"Have you been surfing today?"

"No, I've been flying, you're going to fly too" (He turned out to be very wrong about that, terrible day on the water and I broke a bunch of gear)

"Yeah, well about that, I better get ready to go" and wander off to the car to put away some gear"

Then, I swear I hear him say "Bears by 10" and I kind of say "huh?" against all instincts

"Your life will never end"

"Ah, OK, nevermmind, thought you said-" 

And he just wandered off through the park, avoiding the squirrels.  He turned out to be wrong about a lot of stuff, but for a while I really had my hopes up that the Bears were going to win by 10, or at least that I'd go flying. Turned out not to be so, but at least I don't have to worry about the squirrels now.

I was expecting this to end that the guy you ran into was actually DLL…..and I’m still not convinced that you didn’t.