Random Thoughts

dll2000

Random rant on NFL's new gamepass design. It's the dumbest thing ever. We was trying to put together a breakdown of Fields play to post here, and this has become the worst experience I could ever have imagined. I've bought all-22 since it's inception in 2011-2012(?) and I've seen some horrendous changes over time but this one takes the cake.

A quick salute to those who didn't buy NFL gamepass this year. You're the real winners here, making the rest of us fools look like idiots because this has become an absolute joke. Save your 100 dollars. This is seriously embarrassingly bad. Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be fired immediately. But then again it's the NFL so why am I surprised, right.

--First they stopped offering monthly payments. It used to be you could either pay 100 straight up or 125 in 4 separate payments. Nope. Not this year. 100 straight up or nothing. For those of you who used to get all-22 when they offered a 50% price after week 8 I wouldn't count on it this year.

--Then it took them 4 weeks to have all-22 available unless you were considered "media" and didn't mention it at all as if noone would notice the media posting all-22 content while still wondering why they didn't have it even after paying for it.

--Then they took away the player search feature which allowed you to see all plays from a certain player and that's gone now.

--The slow replay feature is gone, which is very useful for many reasons.

--Then they changed the whole gamepass format, which is a disaster itself.

--Clips are only like 10 seconds long and now they have an overlay that darkens the screen showing the play/back/forward button that remains visible for 5 seconds.  

--Then they took away the ability to choose the video quality format.  You used to be able to select the quality of each video (360, 540, 720).....nope.....not anymore....the terrible NFL.com website decides that for you now. Which means even if you have a 100/100 connection, you may watch a half of a clip in a potato format designed like it's 2001 (with a darkened overlay for 5 seconds) AND have to keep replaying the video over and over until you randomly get lucky for the video to play in a format that is actually visible at the start.

--For those who don't know, they have 2 different camera angles. One is sideline view (so can see every player on the field from a far angle) and endzone view (which is a closer view that focuses on the OL, RB, front-7 and QB). Each video used to play each angle simultaneously but now you have to select each one of them from a stupid drop down while enduring the same frustrating flaws as mentioned above.

o0AMyHN.png

TLDR; Sorry guys. This crap has been so frustrating that I felt the need to get it off my chest and possibly save others for making the same mistake by buying this overpriced garbage, and I know messaging them would fall on deaf ears. Carry on.

/End rant.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Random rant on NFL's new gamepass design. It's the dumbest thing ever. We was trying to put together a breakdown of Fields play to post here, and this has become the worst experience I could ever have imagined. I've bought all-22 since it's inception in 2011-2012(?) and I've seen some horrendous changes over time but this one takes the cake.

A quick salute to those who didn't buy NFL gamepass this year. You're the real winners here, making the rest of us fools look like idiots because this has become an absolute joke. Save your 100 dollars. This is seriously embarrassingly bad. Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be fired immediately. But then again it's the NFL so why am I surprised, right.

--First they stopped offering monthly payments. It used to be you could either pay 100 straight up or 125 in 4 separate payments. Nope. Not this year. 100 straight up or nothing. For those of you who used to get all-22 when they offered a 50% price after week 8 I wouldn't count on it this year.

--Then it took them 4 weeks to have all-22 available unless you were considered "media" and didn't mention it at all as if noone would notice the media posting all-22 content while still wondering why they didn't have it even after paying for it.

--Then they took away the player search feature which allowed you to see all plays from a certain player and that's gone now.

--Clips are only like 10 seconds long and now they have an overlay that darkens the screen showing the play/back/forward button that remains visible for 5 seconds.  

--Then they took away the ability to choose the video quality format.  You used to be able to select the quality of each video (360, 540, 720).....nope.....not anymore....the terrible NFL.com website decides that for you now. Which means even if you have a 100/100 connection, you may watch a half of a clip in a potato format designed like it's 2001 (with a darkened overlay for 5 seconds) AND have to keep replaying the video over and over until you randomly get lucky for the video to play in a format that is actually visible at the start.

--For those who don't know, they have 2 different camera angles. One is sideline view (so can see every player on the field from a far angle) and endzone view (which is a closer view that focuses on the OL, RB, front-7 and QB). Each video used to play each angle simultaneously but now you have to select each one of them from a stupid drop down while enduring the same frustrating flaws as mentioned above.

o0AMyHN.png

TLDR; Sorry guys. This crap has been so frustrating that I felt the need to get it off my chest and possibly save others for making the same mistake by buying this overpriced garbage, and I know messaging them would fall on deaf ears. Carry on.

/End rant.

I mostly get bears news via podcast and every single one has been implying it's gotten worse and more difficult to do their jobs, so you're certainly not alone. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, soulman said:

I think it would be incredible to have a partner who was a skilled classically trained musician.  Violin and cello are great partners for an acoustic guitar.   Can I borrow her for a few jam sessions brother???  😄

Maybe. I can hardly get her to play with me. She can play in front of gyms and her family but makes me go away when she wants to play. 😂

When we started dating I would drive to her house and hear her playing but she would never play in front of me. Got married and id come home from work and listen from the front porch to hear her. I dont get it. Shes way better at violin and singing than i am at guitar and singing. 

Probably just that I have no shame. 

• Like 2

@JAF-N72EX

Years ago they were really good.   They had all 22 broken down by play with a description of play and built in software you could use to draw on All-22.

Then for some reason instead of getting better over time it got worse.   

I am not sure if they keep changing vendors and taking lowest bid or what, but its a joke that a trillion dollar outfit puts out that product.

Honestly College, HS and youth uses HUDL and it is 100000x times better than NFL product.  There is no comparison.   

Disgusting that they are okay with quality of customer service and that product.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, soulman said:

Still somewhat of an upgrade for GB.  They typically do ILB like we do QBs.  Not all that well.

I think its a solid upgrade. I'd be happy to have him here but like Mike said he isnt what he was in college. Still would be a hell of a guy to pair with Roquan here. 

That isn't me bashing Olgetree either. Jaylon just is a better player with a higher ceiling. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I think its a solid upgrade. I'd be happy to have him here but like Mike said he isnt what he was in college. Still would be a hell of a guy to pair with Roquan here. 

That isn't me bashing Olgetree either. Jaylon just is a better player with a higher ceiling. 

I'm not so sure Smith is a better player than Ogletree. Higher ceiling yes, but Ogletree is playing really well right now. Smith is a mess in coverage, like very very bad "mess." 

35 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm not so sure Smith is a better player than Ogletree. Higher ceiling yes, but Ogletree is playing really well right now. Smith is a mess in coverage, like very very bad "mess." 

He may be. I have only seen 1 game of DAL's and some spot viewing otherwise. Against the Chargers he looked pretty good i thought. Was a hair late on a pass or two but IIRC prevented firsts on both. 

Definitely could have missed so bad plays too though. There's no rewinding on streaming sites. Lol 

On 10/7/2021 at 12:05 AM, JAF-N72EX said:

o0AMyHN.png

/End rant.

tell us how you really feel

15 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i think you're remembering the jaylon smith from ND and not the jaylon smith from the 2020 cowboys

For GB he's still more than likely an upgrade.  Who would have ever thought Ogletree would be starting for us and playing as well as he has.