Random Thoughts

dll2000

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Sorry I can't stand the "Quarantine Edition" titled thread.  Time to move on from that nightmare.

https://fb.watch/9bYoAEqEJj/

I guess that foul hurt, because he went over board is in retaliation.   

Not why I posted though, it was really funny to me that #14 was going to do something after the  retaliatory hit and then immediately thought better of it. 

I don't watch NBA, but this Jokic guy is a rather large man.  Not sure I blame him.  

Jokic got a one game suspension but maybe it was worth it.  It kinda like in the NHL where when someone hits you with a cheap shot you respond fast and hard 'cause it's payback time.  If you don't you're gonna end up on the receiving end of even more cheap shots.  IMHO that was fair retribution despite the fact that it was a very intentional foul.

Edited by soulman

My random midseason thought is can Teven Jenkins get healthy enough to play and save Ryan Pace's job?...

Let me be clear...Matt Nagy and his entire coaching staff can't be here next season...and in my heart of heats I truly believe they won't...but I think like most I still hold out some hope for Pace as a talent evaluator and think more importantly the McCaskey's seem to love him...if Jenkins comes back and plays even to the same level we have seen from Borom so far how do you fire him after this years draft? I fully believe he has found a franchise QB...just need to pair him with an offensive mind...he would have found a pair of young bookend tackles...and a quality young running back who will be able to contribute to this offence...all while not having a 3rd or 4th round pick...Jenkins could swing it for him.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Let me be clear...Matt Nagy and his entire coaching staff can't be here next season...and in my heart of heats I truly believe they won't...

*sigh*

But can't they, though? They shouldn't be here now. There's no reason to think the insanity won't continue. We'll see how it unfolds, but Monday is a pretty clear boost for Nagy--and there's no reason to think such stuff won't happen from here on out. 

It's all so unfortunate, too, as Nagy is the weak link in the entire coaching staff. 

Edited by Heinz D.
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Sorry I can't stand the "Quarantine Edition" titled thread.  Time to move on from that nightmare.

https://fb.watch/9bYoAEqEJj/

I guess that foul hurt, because he went over board is in retaliation.   

Not why I posted though, it was really funny to me that #14 was going to do something after the  retaliatory hit and then immediately thought better of it. 

I don't watch NBA, but this Jokic guy is a rather large man.  Not sure I blame him.  

Lol you know you can edit the titles fo threads you created, right?  I’ll merge the two and edit the title,

6 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

*sigh*

But can't they, though? They shouldn't be here now. There's no reason to think the insanity won't continue. We'll see how it unfolds, but Monday is a pretty clear boost for Nagy--and there's no reason to think such stuff won't happen from here on out. 

It's all so unfortunate, too, as Nagy is the weak link in the entire coaching staff. 

The only thing that would save Nagy is a playoff appearance and that isn't happening...the production of the offence (and now defence)...indiscipline of the team & general feel of the fans towards Nagy means he is gone...the rumors we are already looking at replacements confirms that...but as I have been saying for a while the talent on this team is far better than the record suggests and if that is the case can Pace really be fired? I can already hear the end of season presser that Pace would give talking about how successful last years draft had been and if Jenkins turns out to be good he is 100% right...

At this point if you told me we could have Pace/Kellen Moore next season I would snap your hand off for it.  

15 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

My random midseason thought is can Teven Jenkins get healthy enough to play and save Ryan Pace's job?...

Let me be clear...Matt Nagy and his entire coaching staff can't be here next season...and in my heart of heats I truly believe they won't...but I think like most I still hold out some hope for Pace as a talent evaluator and think more importantly the McCaskey's seem to love him...if Jenkins comes back and plays even to the same level we have seen from Borom so far how do you fire him after this years draft? I fully believe he has found a franchise QB...just need to pair him with an offensive mind...he would have found a pair of young bookend tackles...and a quality young running back who will be able to contribute to this offence...all while not having a 3rd or 4th round pick...Jenkins could swing it for him.

Between you, me, and the fence post I believe a decision on Pace has already been made and that he will not be fired.  Nagy will be let go but some of his staff may stick around at least until a new HC has been hired.

I'll be very surprised if Jenkins is in kind of shape to play right now and furthermore why even take that risk?  Peters has played well enough at LT and Borom is now getting his feet wet at RT.  I'd let it ride as is.

While I don't love some of the moves Pace has made in the past he and his scouts do have knack for finding NFL caliber talent on Day 3 of The Draft and he's also aggressive enough to make trades for players he wants.

Some have failed to live up to expectations but I see others who I believe could thrive with better coaching and a better offensive scheme and play calling.  For instance, Cole Kmet is finally showing up in the stats now that Lazor is calling his number.

Are there better GMs?  Probably.  But are they available?  There are also far worse GMs as well ala Phil Emery and even JA who all too often failed to be aggressive enough as far as landing key players who could be difference makers.

Lastly the McCaskeys seem to love Ryan Pace and trust him.  If they've allowed Ted Phillips to keep his job this long despite the Bears record under his tenure I don't believe they'll find it all that difficult to self-justify keeping Ryan Pace around.  JMHO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Between you, me, and the fence post I believe a decision on Pace has already been made and that he will not be fired.  Nagy will be let go but some of his staff may stick around at least until a new HC has been hired.

I'll be very surprised if Jenkins is in kind of shape to play right now and furthermore why even take that risk?  Peters has played well enough at LT and Borom is now getting his feet wet at RT.  I'd let it ride as is.

While I don't love some of the moves Pace has made in the past he and his scouts do have knack for finding NFL caliber talent on Day 3 of The Draft and he's also aggressive enough to make trades for players he wants.

Some have failed to live up to expectations but I see others who I believe could thrive with better coaching and a better offensive scheme and play calling.  For instance, Cole Kmet is finally showing up in the stats now that Lazor is calling his number.

Are there better GMs?  Probably.  But are they available?  There are also far worse GMs as well ala Phil Emery and even JA who all too often failed to be aggressive enough as far as landing key players who could be difference makers.

Lastly the McCaskeys seem to love Ryan Pace and trust him.  If they've allowed Ted Phillips to keep his job this long despite the Bears record under his tenure I don't believe they'll find it all that difficult to self-justify keeping Ryan Pace around.  JMHO

I'm starting a rumor that Pace has secretly swept in to take over the Bears, and turned Virginia against everyone. When she does eventually pass Pace will be left the entire franchise for this exact reason.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'm starting a rumor that Pace has secretly swept in to take over the Bears, and turned Virginia against everyone. When she does eventually pass Pace will be left the entire franchise for this exact reason.

Q-Shane????   LOL

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, soulman said:

Q-Shane????   LOL

I am trying to justify him sticking around, plus when this makes Yahoo and Facebook at least I'll get to enjoy the idiots compound my conspiracy theory. I like Pace the evil genius more than Pace the mediocre GM. 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soulman said:

It really wouldn't surprise me if Pace has been given those assurances at this point and that is where the rumours of us already looking a new head coaches is coming from...I hope even with Pace still in place we are able to attract the best candidates based on the talent we clearly have.

• Like 1