Random Thoughts

dll2000

21 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Most random thought I'd meant to share on here:

Last week I had just wrapped up a chat over messenger with DLL about Chicago and why I like it, talking a bit of politics, city vs rural life etc. Was thinking about that while getting ready to go surfing, when all of a sudden I notice this dude walking up to me, and meet his eye.  He looks like he knows me so I figure maybe someone from work?  Is he surfing? As he's walking up to me I notice he's wearing this huge oversized Bears jacket, so figure he's maybe going out on the water too and is wearing the jacket as a cover all to stay warm?  Or do I somehow know him from a bar from days past? I kind of give a little nod to the Bears logo on his jacket and start to say something about the Bears last game to cover up for the fact that I cannot recall this guy at all.  I figure he's going to say something about the water conditions, or the Bears, or just random BS that people usually do to me when I'm trying to get ready in a hurry.  Instead:

"My son, whom I will never see, and will only live for thirty three years, will bring love and light to the world until he is crucified"

Oh. 

"Oh yeah, hey that's great buddy, anyway I got a thing to-"

"Not just people. Animals too."

"That's really really good, anyway-"

"Birds.  Cats. Dogs."

"OK"

"The fish in the sea" (points at Montrose beach)

"OK. Guessing them squirrels too, eh?" (points at squirrel hoping guy will get distracted and talk to the squirrel"

"No. Not them"

"Oh." (really resisting urge to ask what's up the squirrels. Why not them? Maybe he has a garden?)

Long pause. I'm like halfway into a wetsuit and am trying to figure out how that would affect a possible physical attack, wondering how far away something heavy or pointy is,  and he's staring at my board like he gets it, so I ask:

"Have you been surfing today?"

"No, I've been flying, you're going to fly too" (He turned out to be very wrong about that, terrible day on the water and I broke a bunch of gear)

"Yeah, well about that, I better get ready to go" and wander off to the car to put away some gear"

Then, I swear I hear him say "Bears by 10" and I kind of say "huh?" against all instincts

"Your life will never end"

"Ah, OK, nevermmind, thought you said-" 

And he just wandered off through the park, avoiding the squirrels.  He turned out to be wrong about a lot of stuff, but for a while I really had my hopes up that the Bears were going to win by 10, or at least that I'd go flying. Turned out not to be so, but at least I don't have to worry about the squirrels now.

When I lived in Chicago and took public transportation I had convos with dude or gals  like this about once a week at least, usually one sided with me looking anywhere but at them.

They seemed to draw to me like magnets.   Maybe because I wasn't hurting them or being mean and they could get an audience.

My thought bubble would be:   Don't sit here, don't sit here, don't sit here, don't sit here, oh crap he made eye contact the tractor beam has been engaged here he comes.   

"Zanos will be here on the equinox and the president will tremble!!!! (holds out cup of change)"

On plus side a lot of pretty girls or even women would choose to sit next to me as well (this is young me).   Those were better days.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

When I lived in Chicago and took public transportation I had convos with dude or gals  like this about once a week at least, usually one sided with me looking anywhere but at them.

They seemed to draw to me like magnets.   Maybe because I wasn't hurting them or being mean and they could get an audience.

My thought bubble would be:   Don't sit here, don't sit here, don't sit here, don't sit here, oh crap he made eye contact the tractor beam has been engaged here he comes.   

"Zanos will be here on the equinox and the president will tremble!!!! (holds out cup of change)"

On plus side a lot of pretty girls or even women would choose to sit next to me as well (this is young me).   Those were better days.

I often have to stop myself from putting my mental scars/burdens on you. Can confirm it is your fault.

There is no Sugashane, there is only Zuul.

• Like 3

Sorry, I haven't been as active lately. Apparently things got screwed up at work and I was assigned a second ID number or something, so I was only paid for 33 hours out of the last two weeks. They've found all my badge scans, assessment notes, and such and that is what they "think" happened. So I took off until I get my check for the missing 60 hours (bi-weekly pay, not doing anything nuts anymore  lol).

They expect me to have it rushed tomorrow or Monday morning at the latest so sadly I am only getting tonight off it seems. My boss said he'll put me in time for doing module work though to make up half the shift. 4 hours isn't a ton but I do appreciate that they're recognizing the effort I put in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Who in the hell decided it was time for a mid season whine party around here?

Focus on Fields and the real party we can have to celebrate Nagy be let go.  Phuc the rest.

On Black Monday the Chicago may have a Time Square Ball Drop kind of event. lol

• Like 1

Just got called and asked to go in because of a call of. It's holiday pay so double play, but call ins are time and a half.

I didn't mean to say "f*** yeah" to my boss but she got a kick out of it. Going in so I'll be off here tonight unless it is slow.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. My kiddos are in full on food coma after everything I made. Wife isn't far off. lol

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Just got called and asked to go in because of a call of. It's holiday pay so double play, but call ins are time and a half.

I didn't mean to say "f*** yeah" to my boss but she got a kick out of it. Going in so I'll be off here tonight unless it is slow.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. My kiddos are in full on food coma after everything I made. Wife isn't far off. lol

So time and half based on double pay?

Like Reg rate $20 per hour x 2 (holiday pay) = $40 per hour x 1.5 (call in rate) = $60 per hour?

14 hours ago, soulman said:

So time and half based on double pay?

Like Reg rate $20 per hour x 2 (holiday pay) = $40 per hour x 1.5 (call in rate) = $60 per hour?

Yeah. So it was base pay, $4 extra per hour due to being third shift, doubled and then THAT was time and a half. For 8 hours i made stripper money.  😂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Yeah. So it was base pay, $4 extra per hour due to being third shift, doubled and then THAT was time and a half. For 8 hours i made stripper money.  😂

Well it's a relief to know you won't be performing here anytime soon.  🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

That is like the time I got called in to do an "emergency" Christmas night, I asked them if they were positive they didn't want me to wait for a couple hours. They said no and I got paid triple time at my union wages.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

That is like the time I got called in to do an "emergency" Christmas night, I asked them if they were positive they didn't want me to wait for a couple hours. They said no and I got paid triple time at my union wages.

That's awesome. We were absolutely dead so I organized and did busywork for 8 hours. They started letting a few people go and I refused to leave. 

I've put on the request to be on-call for Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Years. I'll repair the drop ceiling or something Idk. I'll stay busy. 

• Like 2