Random Thoughts

dll2000

19 hours ago, Sugashane said:

We just found out my kids' godmother passed away in her sleep last night. She was only 30, been my wife's best friend for 20 years.  Not sure how often I'll be on the next week.

Damn. My condolences to you and yours Suga.

26 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Cancer?

No, she actually was only 30 too. She had a procedure done last week and they think a blood clot formed. Autopsy isn't until Monday. I thought we'd be leaving immediately but once I got through making all the calls Katie fell out and I got some time to think about it. She will get 3 days bereavement so we are going to stay here until its time for the funeral. I'm technically a contractor so as long I can come and go as I please without penalty.

8 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Damn. My condolences to you and yours Suga.

Appreciate it man. I actually didn't like her in high school because she was so stubborn and narrow minded. She got to college and started to see people with real struggles, hear about their childhoods and grew up super quick. She actually used that stubbornness to take care of a ton of kids doing social work.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 2:18 PM, Sugashane said:

We just found out my kids' godmother passed away in her sleep last night. She was only 30, been my wife's best friend for 20 years.  Not sure how often I'll be on the next week.

In her sleep at age 30?  Wow!  Had she been ill or have a serious long term illness?

46 minutes ago, soulman said:

In her sleep at age 30?  Wow!  Had she been ill or have a serious long term illness?

They think a blood clot from a procedure she had last week. Haven't heard yet. She was doing really well, even was set to return to work Monday. Just insane.

38 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

They think a blood clot from a procedure she had last week. Haven't heard yet. She was doing really well, even was set to return to work Monday. Just insane.

That's scary especially if it came as a result of surgery or something.

About 11-12 years ago before an operation they diagnosed me with a pulmonary embolism yet went ahead with the surgery.  Obviously I survived but ever since then that embolism has me spooked so I'm always looking for stuff that may indicate other blood clots exist as well.  In the lungs or the brain it can happen fast.

So sorry to hear this Shane.  My condolences to your bride and the friends family.

6 hours ago, soulman said:

That's scary especially if it came as a result of surgery or something.

About 11-12 years ago before an operation they diagnosed me with a pulmonary embolism yet went ahead with the surgery.  Obviously I survived but ever since then that embolism has me spooked so I'm always looking for stuff that may indicate other blood clots exist as well.  In the lungs or the brain it can happen fast.

So sorry to hear this Shane.  My condolences to your bride and the friends family.

Agreed, I appreciate it. I've had 3 ACL surgeries (2 cadaver donations and one patellar tendon reconstruction into one) and never even thought about something like this. Just had to have a coin removed from my 4 year old that was stuck above her stomach. Just insane.

Came to work and told my boss that I'd be out for the funeral soon and he tried to send me home after he heard the story. Told him no, otherwise I'd be re-organizing the garage all night. So now he has me re-editing instructional sheets and flow forms to look more professional so I don't have to do assessments. Guy is a damn good boss to have.

• Like 2

Would’ve been nice if the NFL could protect their picks in trades like the NBA does so the Bears could’ve belayed their first round pick to next year since it’s looking like a top 6 draft pick this year lol. 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Would’ve been nice if the NFL could protect their picks in trades like the NBA does so the Bears could’ve belayed their first round pick to next year since it’s looking like a top 6 draft pick this year lol. 

That would be a pretty interesting idea...

Only reason I am not made about not getting a top 5 pick in this draft is that if Fields was in this draft he would without doubt be the #1 overall pick even with Hutchinson around.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I never knew they were making a movie about Payton but this is a terrible choice to use to cast him. I mean my god. Doug looks more like Mike McCarthy than he does Sean Payton. 

The least they could've done was to try to get Bruce Willis to grow a little hair and/or wear a hat most of the time like Payton.

usa_today_17070510.0.jpg

depositphotos_16524681-stock-photo-bruce

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I never knew they were making a movie about Payton but this is a terrible choice to use to cast him. I mean my god. Doug looks more like Mike McCarthy than he does Sean Payton. 

The least they could've done was to try to get Bruce Willis to grow a little hair and/or wear a hat most of the time like Payton.

usa_today_17070510.0.jpg

depositphotos_16524681-stock-photo-bruce

That's a good call...never noticed they look a bit alike before 😂

• Like 1