Random Thoughts

dll2000

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I never knew they were making a movie about Payton but this is a terrible choice to use to cast him. I mean my god. Doug looks more like Mike McCarthy than he does Sean Payton. 

The least they could've done was to try to get Bruce Willis to grow a little hair and/or wear a hat most of the time like Payton.

usa_today_17070510.0.jpg

depositphotos_16524681-stock-photo-bruce

Wasn’t Payton also waaaay skinnier back in the day, when this movies supposedly taking place?  Makes no sense to me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I never knew they were making a movie about Payton but this is a terrible choice to use to cast him. I mean my god. Doug looks more like Mike McCarthy than he does Sean Payton. 

The least they could've done was to try to get Bruce Willis to grow a little hair and/or wear a hat most of the time like Payton.

usa_today_17070510.0.jpg

depositphotos_16524681-stock-photo-bruce

Well, to cast Bruce Willis, you give him $15-20M. To cast Kevin James, you give him a reason to keep living. 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 4:59 PM, Sugashane said:

They think a blood clot from a procedure she had last week. Haven't heard yet. She was doing really well, even was set to return to work Monday. Just insane.

It’s freaky how often this happens too. How often a surgery is perfectly executed and then it turns out a blood clot was caused and that’s that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

It’s freaky how often this happens too. How often a surgery is perfectly executed and then it turns out a blood clot was caused and that’s that. 

Exactly. The autopsy showed the procedure was perfect too. All sutures were infect, no signs of ripping, bleeding or anything. Just horrible "luck." 

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/bears-awarded-spain-uk-as-ihmas

In conjunction with the NFL, the Bears announced Wednesday that they have been awarded Spain and the United Kingdom as International Home Market Areas (IHMA).

Through the league's new initiative, the Bears will now be permitted to directly engage with fans and sell sponsorship rights in both markets. The Bears are one of two teams that have been granted Spain as an IHMA and are one of six teams with rights in the U.K.

Well this is great news.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

In conjunction with the NFL, the Bears announced Wednesday that they have been awarded Spain and the United Kingdom as International Home Market Areas (IHMA).

Through the league's new initiative, the Bears will now be permitted to directly engage with fans and sell sponsorship rights in both markets. The Bears are one of two teams that have been granted Spain as an IHMA and are one of six teams with rights in the U.K.

Well this is great news.

There were rumors about NFL games being played in Spain or Germany by 2023. Have you heard any of that locally?

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

There were rumors about NFL games being played in Spain or Germany by 2023. Have you heard any of that locally?

I know there are plans for at least one game in Germany next year as well as the two here...not heard anything about Spain though.

17 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Wasn’t Payton also waaaay skinnier back in the day, when this movies supposedly taking place?  Makes no sense to me.

Yeah. I know he bulked up with age at times and fluctuated but that's how I remember him too. A thin build, relatively small guy. Having someone mid-size like Kevin James to cast him seems beyond weird.

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Well this is great news.

I like you Mike, and I have nothing against any other country, but I still hate the idea of games being played outside of the US.  I get their reasoning for doing it (money) but it still makes no sense to me when you label your entire brand the NATIONAL football league, and your entire conferences the NATIONAL football conference and AMERICAN football conference.

They take away a "home" games, the players and coaches hate it for travel reasons, etc.

26 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I like you Mike, and I have nothing against any other country, but I still hate the idea of games being played outside of the US.  I get their reasoning for doing it (money) but it still makes no sense to me when you label your entire brand the NATIONAL football league, and your entire conferences the NATIONAL football conference and AMERICAN football conference.

They take away a "home" games, the players and coaches hate it for travel reasons, etc.

I can understand your point and can see why it sucks for fans of the teams that come over here and lose a home game...that said I can also see the need to grow the game internationally and look to expand any market possible...I think the 2 or 3 games a year is a decent idea given you can schedule the bye week straight after it...

What I will say though is even I don't agree with the idea that one day a franchise will be based permanently over here...that seems like a stretch to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I can understand your point and can see why it sucks for fans of the teams that come over here and lose a home game...that said I can also see the need to grow the game internationally and look to expand any market possible...I think the 2 or 3 games a year is a decent idea given you can schedule the bye week straight after it...

What I will say though is even I don't agree with the idea that one day a franchise will be based permanently over here...that seems like a stretch to me.

Yeah, the NFL is a business, and it is a smart business decision on their part to expand given the position that they're in right now. So I get it from that point.

I also agree with the idea of a bye week too. In fact, I think we end up getting two bye weeks a season sooner than later too when the NFLPA and owners iron out the details.

14 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Yeah I'm with you there. I don't see it happening either. Not across seas anyhow. That's WAY too far. Maybe in Mexico or Canada but that's about it. We don't even have teams in Hawaii and Alaska yet for the same reasons lol.

24 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

So after happily escaping Illinois we got news about the wife's grandmother that will have us moving right back. December is officially the worst month of the year. lol

Welcome back/Sorry.

Also can we please stop saying the next _____ can't get worse?  I said that at the end of 2019 and look what happened.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Welcome back/Sorry.

Also can we please stop saying the next _____ can't get worse?  I said that at the end of 2019 and look what happened.

I just say I hope this one is better. It usually isn't but at least I'm not wrong constantly anymore.

20 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Welcome back/Sorry.

Things can always get worse.   

21 hours ago, Sugashane said:

So after happily escaping Illinois we got news about the wife's grandmother that will have us moving right back. December is officially the worst month of the year. lol

When I lost my job in mid 2000s with market crash I told my wife lets start over in another state.  I can apply for jobs in South and we can move.   Its a good time, the state isn't moving in a good direction.  Property value will go up in South and is cheap now (which it did - a lot).  

She didn't want to do it - she wanted to stay close to her friends, mom and dad and her brother.  So I had to find another job in IL, which wasn't easy at the time.   

Well now mom and dad spend about 1/2 the year in AL, she never sees her brother anyway and her best friend moved to FL.      Now she wants to move.

I am 15 years older now and it isn't as easy to change jobs now as I am not a spring chicken, plus what I am doing now can only be done in IL really. 

Whatever.  At least I get to say I told you so.