Random Thoughts

dll2000

33 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I love that damn movie. Wife still gets made when I clap for Cassandra. lol

They're both really good. Even though the second is kind of a rehash of the first, it still gets props for the whole "Waynestock" plotline, and the naked "Indian"/Jim Morrison dream sequences. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

They're both really good. Even though the second is kind of a rehash of the first, it still gets props for the whole "Waynestock" plotline, and the naked "Indian"/Jim Morrison dream sequences. 

True. When Cassandra's dad gets kicked in the balls and the metal ones fall out I can never NOT laugh. That's one of like 10 movie moments I always lose it no matter what. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

It's pronounced Mil - e - walk- ay.    I have said it that way ever since I saw that movie.  

When I was running my construction crew I had almost only Milwaukee tools. Store bought, pawn shops, or whatever that was just my brand, and there was only one way i'd say it... All of us ended up doing it so somw homeowners were REALLY thrown off. lol

Love the Baker Mayfield commercial with Cooper in it too.

• Like 1

So as you all know I am the resident sophisticate from my extensive Opera and Orchestra history. I can now add ballet to that list. My wife has a best workfriend at the pharmacy she works at. I got to meet her and her husband, he is a huge Ravens fan so I don't have to hate him. He's actually a pretty cool guy. We had our anniversary and her birthday is in a few days so me and him decide it would be better to go to the ballet as a group than either one of us suffering. Did not work out. Their 14 year old daughter and the mom had a fight because they didn't want her to be alone (she wasn't planned, while they were in high school...   lol). Young chick is pissed and has no intentions of going to the ballet. So we meet them and mom is steamed, moody teenager is moodier than normal, Terry is praying for lighting to strike him. Rather than me and him getting to sit together to quietly bs through the show Terry's wife sits us.

Terry - her - my wife - me - moody girl

I've never had more fun at a show. I craptalked her like the Will Ferrel and Reilly when they were whispering hatefully in their beds. Told her I was going to put a brick into a McDonald's bag and hit her in the face with it, she called me an idiot and said the bag would rip. "I didn't say I'd swing it, I said I'd hit you with it. Like a punch! Is this a big mac and fries? No, its a broken beak and black eyes!" Literally almost the whole show we bashed each other.

So we cracked up the whole time and when the show was over she was nice to her mom. When she got asked if she liked the show she said yeah because "Shane's pretty cool for an old dude." I looked right at Terry and said I'd push her off the balcony. When we were splitting up I told him in a loud whisper, "Remember, two tide pods dipped in chocolate and she'll be out of your hair forever."

She didn't miss a beat and said, "OK, thanks for the date, honey. Love you." Then walked away. Right in front of all those people. I absolutely was shocked and she left me in the crowd of people looking like I should be on a registry. I won the verbal spars all night but she completely destroyed me right there. Wife was laughing so hard she was snorting the whole drive home. Just a jacked up night.

• Like 2

Can anyone tell me why Horsted never plays?  Not saying he is some star, but he is capable of making plays and deserves some snaps.

According to this https://www.lineups.com/nfl/player-stats/jesper-horsted in 2021 he has 2 targets for one reception and a TD.

In 2019 he had 10 targets for 8 receptions for 87 yards and a TD.

I don't get it.   With me if you make plays in practice and games you get more game reps.  I don't care what you look like or your pedigree or your 40 time.  

When you stop making plays you get less reps.  You loaf or don't do your job or assignment you get less reps or benched.  Not permanent, but I will send a message.   

It isn't that difficult.   

With Bears there seems to be no logical rhyme or reason to who plays and who doesn't   They play politics.   Its like yeah this guy is playing like garbage.  But we know he is good.   Lets stay with him.   Yeah, he is jogging and not trying to make a block, but you know we know he can if he wanted to.

Conversely, its like yeah this guy looks really good.  Take Herbert, he looked great in camp and pre-season.  But they are like no we like Williams better.   We are going to go with Williams first off bench.  Why?  Because you think he is better because he is a veteran.   Go with who actually is playing better in front of your eyes.

This is coaching 101.  You can flip back and forth.   Make people earn their spots.

Doesn't mean you pull someone after a bad game especially a player with a track record.   But you do have to reward good and punish bad.

This isn't baseball where you let a highly paid guy play 2 months through a terrible slump.   Best player plays.

On 11/13/2021 at 12:27 AM, Sugashane said:

So as you all know I am the resident sophisticate from my extensive Opera and Orchestra history. I can now add ballet to that list. My wife has a best workfriend at the pharmacy she works at. I got to meet her and her husband, he is a huge Ravens fan so I don't have to hate him. He's actually a pretty cool guy. We had our anniversary and her birthday is in a few days so me and him decide it would be better to go to the ballet as a group than either one of us suffering. Did not work out. Their 14 year old daughter and the mom had a fight because they didn't want her to be alone (she wasn't planned, while they were in high school...   lol). Young chick is pissed and has no intentions of going to the ballet. So we meet them and mom is steamed, moody teenager is moodier than normal, Terry is praying for lighting to strike him. Rather than me and him getting to sit together to quietly bs through the show Terry's wife sits us.

Terry - her - my wife - me - moody girl

I've never had more fun at a show. I craptalked her like the Will Ferrel and Reilly when they were whispering hatefully in their beds. Told her I was going to put a brick into a McDonald's bag and hit her in the face with it, she called me an idiot and said the bag would rip. "I didn't say I'd swing it, I said I'd hit you with it. Like a punch! Is this a big mac and fries? No, its a broken beak and black eyes!" Literally almost the whole show we bashed each other.

So we cracked up the whole time and when the show was over she was nice to her mom. When she got asked if she liked the show she said yeah because "Shane's pretty cool for an old dude." I looked right at Terry and said I'd push her off the balcony. When we were splitting up I told him in a loud whisper, "Remember, two tide pods dipped in chocolate and she'll be out of your hair forever."

She didn't miss a beat and said, "OK, thanks for the date, honey. Love you." Then walked away. Right in front of all those people. I absolutely was shocked and she left me in the crowd of people looking like I should be on a registry. I won the verbal spars all night but she completely destroyed me right there. Wife was laughing so hard she was snorting the whole drive home. Just a jacked up night.

I read this whole thing 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

So a title company agent took me out for a nice lunch today.   Was gone for about 2 hours.

Came back to office and everything was on fire (metaphorically).

Geez.

You know what I say about that?

Piss on it.  😁