Random Thoughts

dll2000

4 hours ago, soulman said:

For GB he's still more than likely an upgrade.  Who would have ever thought Ogletree would be starting for us and playing as well as he has.

if i'm sick one day and have diarrhea and am vomiting, then the next day am only vomiting, it would technically be an upgrade but still not a good situation for me

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

if i'm sick one day and have diarrhea and am vomiting, then the next day am only vomiting, it would technically be an upgrade but still not a good situation for me

Geez, tough buncha critics here.  My point was only that if GB signed him they must believe he can upgrade ILB in some way.  Either that or he's simply inexpensive depth.

Let's not forget that Matt LaFleur was coaching at ND when Smith was there as well so there's a connection between them.  I'll hold my final opinion 'til I see him play.

14 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

Unless you want to slim that waistline and to get a wicked ab workout. If so, you've had a productive 48 hours. 

• Like 1

We never got the Iowa vs. Penn State game over here which was a real shame but I will catch up on it later...what we did get though was one of the most compelling college games I have ever seen in Texas vs. Oklahoma...if you get some time over the next few days I strong advice watching it...crazy game. 

On 10/7/2021 at 4:05 PM, dll2000 said:

@JAF-N72EX

Years ago they were really good.   They had all 22 broken down by play with a description of play and built in software you could use to draw on All-22.

Then for some reason instead of getting better over time it got worse.   

I am not sure if they keep changing vendors and taking lowest bid or what, but its a joke that a trillion dollar outfit puts out that product.

Honestly College, HS and youth uses HUDL and it is 100000x times better than NFL product.  There is no comparison.   

Disgusting that they are okay with quality of customer service and that product.

They used to be excellent and for a third of the cost too. I just checked my past invoices and it used to be 25 dollars for access to one team or 40 for access to all teams. The format was simple, had plenty of features, and most importantly.... it actually worked.

One of the things that helped them keep some of those features was having gamepass on its own separate website. But they decided to add it to NFL.com instead of expanding a product based around a good foundation. And the only reason I can think to do this was to save a few measly dollars on site and cloud costs which is incredibly dumb and only further shows they don't care about the consumer since it probably only costs them about 60 grand a year in total costs between hosting, site, storage, server, cloud, and maintenance and at 100 a pop they make that money back after only 600 subs while the rest is bank. This is just a guess, but as someone who has been in the IT profession for a long time I'd like to think that it's a pretty good one and it just shows how greedy they really are.

Think about it, with what they offer, they only need to pay enough each year to host about 500TB of data a year. They do have every full game listed since 2009 and each game is about 30GB of space on average for 4,000 games in raw format,  which is roughly 120TB of data. They also have condensed games which are only about 15GB per game for 4,000 games. That's about 60TB. All-22 is is only about 8GB per game, at best, since it's lower quality and they only keep data for the current year before replacing it, so it's only about 2.2TB for an entire season (276 games x 8GB). Then all of the "specials" or whatever are about 210TB on the high end because they do have quite a few and some are in 4k.
My point is, in total, that's only about 400TB's of data to host, storage, stream, and provide a year with alot of room to spare and the cost to do this is next to nothing for a major corporation. My personal HTPC currently holds up to 28TB of data with 3,059 Movies, 177 TV shows, Docs and sports on a single device and I only pay 60 a year.

Like you said, I just don't understand how a billion-dollar company can move backwards so often and be okay with it. Remember when ESPN live used to have a feature where if the games were being played on ESPN you could go to their website and select ANY player on the field during the game and the camera would ONLY focus on them? I loved that. But....the NFL took that away too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

They used to be excellent and for a third of the cost too. I just checked my past invoices and it used to be 25 dollars for access to one team or 40 for access to all teams. The format was simple, had plenty of features, and most importantly.... it actually worked.

One of the things that helped them keep some of those features was having gamepass on its own separate website. But they decided to add it to NFL.com instead of expanding a product based around a good foundation. And the only reason I can think to do this was to save a few measly dollars on site and cloud costs which is incredibly dumb and only further shows they don't care about the consumer since it probably only costs them about 60 grand a year in total costs between hosting, site, storage, server, cloud, and maintenance and at 100 a pop they make that money back after only 600 subs while the rest is bank. This is just a guess, but as someone who has been in the IT profession for a long time I'd like to think that it's a pretty good one and it just shows how greedy they really are.

Think about it, with what they offer, they only need to pay enough each year to host about 500TB of data a year. They do have every full game listed since 2009 and each game is about 30GB of space on average for 4,000 games in raw format,  which is roughly 120TB of data. They also have condensed games which are only about 15GB per game for 4,000 games. That's about 60TB. All-22 is is only about 8GB per game, at best, since it's lower quality and they only keep data for the current year before replacing it, so it's only about 2.2TB for an entire season (276 games x 8GB). Then all of the "specials" or whatever are about 210TB on the high end because they do have quite a few and some are in 4k.
My point is, in total, that's only about 400TB's of data to host, storage, stream, and provide a year with alot of room to spare and the cost to do this is next to nothing for a major corporation. My personal HTPC currently holds up to 28TB of data with 3,059 Movies, 177 TV shows, Docs and sports on a single device and I only pay 60 a year.

Like you said, I just don't understand how a billion-dollar company can move backwards so often and be okay with it. Remember when ESPN live used to have a feature where if the games were being played on ESPN you could go to their website and select ANY player on the field during the game and the camera would ONLY focus on them? I loved that. But....the NFL took that away too.

They promise game in US after conclusion.  I couldn’t watch the until after 7 central.  Garbage.  

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Going to my first ever hawks game on 21st.  I don’t really know hockey. 

You will soon enough.  It's much easier to follow the game in person although I will admit that big screen TVs have made televised games much easier to follow.  The action is pretty fast.