Who should get fired?

DontTazeMeBro

I have agreed with DMATB in the past about EDC being canonized a little too early but I really don't see how he'd be the one to put in the crosshairs right now. Hard to blame him for bad depth when we've had like 30 dudes on IR this year. The fact that it took till like the 2nd round of injuries where the replacement of the replacements like Mekari were getting injured that we really started showing significant deterioration is actually a pretty good indicator that EDC built a deep roster. Not to mention he called his shot on that Orlando Brown trade and I absolutely hated it and now Brown's been whatever for the Chiefs and Oweh is on his way to being a star.

On the other hand, I think Greg Roman remains the same guy he's been all along, which is a fraud whose entire reputation with us was only ever fluffed up in the first place because people didn't want to admit Lamar is just that good. Dealing with a consistent zero blitz seems like the sort of thing a high school OC should know how to deal with and yet Roman was so clueless that he made Troy Aikman look like some schematic genius last night. It's a pattern with him, and now that the run scheme is doing nothing for us there really should be no doubt that we'd lose nothing if we got rid of him. 

• Like 3

Yeah. It's Roman for me. The offensive flaws are glaring now more than ever since the Ravens seem to have real, competent receivers and no real idea how to use them. The offensive line injuries suck and they are suffering for it but the plays and designs are just trash almost every week. His running schemes aren't even impressive this year. I have no doubts that someone else that's at least competent could be doing just as good of a job in that department. It's not going to happen but Roman needs to go. Now.

I'm not particularly impressed with Martindale either. But then again I never have been. His pass-rush and blitz concepts... suck. And he doesn't have the lock-down secondary to bail him out this year. But Roman is still worse.

• Like 1

I think it’s clearly Roman. When he gets the offense out of the huddle within a reasonable amount of time, the OL looks pretty good at making the calls and picking up opposing blitz packages, Lamar is able to read the defense pre-snap, make the necessary audibles/hot route communications, and ultimately the offense generally operates on a higher level overall.

Yet when Roman bogs down the offense with drawn out play submissions, Lamar becomes more mistake prone, the OL allows more free rushers, and receivers aren’t always optimally positioned to Lamar’s needs.

I’m not sure what’s so impossible about relating the plays and breaking the huddle with a minimum of 15 seconds left. Roman isn’t terrible, but he’s outgrown his positive traits at this point.

• Like 2