Ghosts of Meme Mafia Mafia - GAME CANCELLED. HOST WAS TOO INFECTED

Whicker

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

@MWil23 It appears that Whicker had the same thinking as you. 

TL;DR

We had about a 3-5 game stretch here a year or so ago where we got into heated arguments about host flavor and order of operations like census (LOL), roleblocks being told/not being told, etc., and I knew where Whicker stood on this particular issue and thought that @Malfatron would remember as well, but I didn't want to go down this road again. :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

@Whicker can you explain why his roleblock on us would fail? 

we dont have a move.

when i host, i give players info only as needed.

if a watcher is roleblocked, i have to tell them move failed because they would expect a result otherwise

if a VT is roleblocked, i dont need to tell them anything

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

That is exactly what I'm saying though, there was nothing "preventing" us from being roleblocked. 

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

I wasn’t given info about your role other than you saying you weren’t roleblocked 

Knowing how Whicker operates, his omission in this regard (which I personally prefer) means that in an open setup (semi open I suppose), it limits the passive abilities whether bulletproof, commuter, or vanilla town, or that you specifically also didn't put in an active move that night...so it's a beneficial balance to town IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

we dont have a move.

if a watcher is roleblocked, i have to tell them move failed because they would expect a result otherwise

This is my thinking exactly @Slappy Mc and how I’ve always done it 

6 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

we dont have a move.

See I view it differently. If any player is roleblocked, I send them a message saying they were blocked. (Most games I use flavor text like, an attractive woman came by and occupied you all night)

I then do not tell the roleblocker whether or not it was successful, I let the thread play take care of that. 

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

See I view it differently. If any player is roleblocked, I send them a message saying they were blocked. (Most games I use flavor text like, an attractive woman came by and occupied you all night)

I then do not tell the roleblocked whether or not it was successful, I let the thread play take care of that. 

I can understand that

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

I wasnt being disingenuous though. I was trying to figure out what the mafia picked for roles and, to me, if someone is roleblocked they should be told such. 

That's why I didn't really want to go down that road, and specifically why I was more adamant about Malfatron's omissions to this post in regards to his own host flavors that he's used than I was with you. While I argued a bit with you (all in good fun btw!!!!), I made it a point to specifically call out Malf.

I was absolutely wrong and deserve to be shamed in that regard, as well as scum not leaving a point on the board (oops!!!!), but there was a method to my madness.

6 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

@Dome also, that really makes my threadplay look terrible considering we WERE in fact roleblocked and didnt receive the message. 

I can't imagine what you were thinking while I was claiming we didnt receive info about being roleblocked. 

You definitely spun it in your favor though. 

how do you get "roleblocked" when you don't have a role??  There is no role to block, thus you were not roleblocked.

you can't block something that does not exist

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I will try to remember this going forward. 

I was definitely confused by it. 

I’ll just try and be even more specific when I’m writing roles (assuming anyone ever wants me as a host again LOL) and state outright what kind of results you’ll receive at night. 

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

how do you get "roleblocked" when you don't have a role??  There is no role to block, thus you were not roleblocked.

you can't block something that does not exist

The fact that you were killed D1 when I knew you'd track my logic and help balance out where I was wrong was truly tragic on many levels.

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

I’ll just try and be even more specific when I’m writing roles (assuming anyone ever wants me as a host again LOL) and state outright what kind of results you’ll receive at night. 

I can say, with 100% certainty, that barring some major IRL stuff going on, I will ALWAYS chomp at the bit to play in a game you host, friend. :) 

• Like 1